Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Looks like Goodwin and Eastwood will get 2 weeks with a guilty plea.
    Looks like 2-3 weeks for sure. Also Hunt looks like he is still having ankle problems and is in doubt for Origin 3.

The Dragons keeping their stars away from rep duty will really help their tilt at a Minor Premiership.

Hoping we can smash the Eels at Skilled Park, after being away at Canberra, I appreciate that home ground advantage more than ever. We really need Ash, Rogers and Luke back particularly.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We really need Ash, Rogers and Luke back particularly.
    Ash was named in the QLD team. I think Bailey is the most important at the moment.

Ash was named in the QLD team. I think Bailey is the most important at the moment.
    Good to see Ash back fit.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Good to see Ash back fit.
    Better yet, it will be good to see him back fit in a Titans jersey.

Lyon is out of Origin with injury. Morris got called up. The Bulldogs are going to have a lot out this weekend. Hopefully the Warriors can beat them.

Lyon is out of Origin with injury. Morris got called up. The Bulldogs are going to have a lot out this weekend. Hopefully the Warriors can beat them.
    Better yet (again...), they will have a lot of sore bodies backing up from Origin and a trip across the Tasman. We have also named Mini, Bull and Rogers in our team for the Eels game so we should be good to go against the Dogs.

And (hopefully) Suncorp will be full of Broncos supporters willing to cheer for the Titans too.

Plsying in Brisbane is more of a benefit for the Titans, the Dogs need to travel interstate and the Titans only have a 1 hour bus trip and will have a majority of the support
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

And (hopefully) Suncorp will be full of Broncos supporters willing to cheer for the Titans too.
    Yep I think it's a great chance to build our fanbase up in Brissie. There are heaps of Titans fans up there and I think we can count on heaps of support from Broncos fans against the Dogs.

I don't know a lot about him either, but he was in the starting side.

Looks like Goodwin and Eastwood will get 2 weeks with a guilty plea.
    Both have made guilty pleas and accepted 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Both have made guilty pleas and accepted 2 weeks
    Woohoo! The cards are stacked in our favourite over the next couple weeks. But that is not excuse to get complacent, especially against the Dogs, the masters of the seige mentality.

they sure are but we cant get too complacent....until we are Premiers
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

If we want a top 4 finish then we will need to be at least 3 points clear of 5th position after round 25.....A last round win against Manly at Brookie is asking a lot.....and for and against will hurt us with both Storm and Cowboys way in front.

We can afford one of them to jump into 3rd and leave us sitting in 4th position, probably Storm as it stands atm but we do not want Cowboys to get any closer. We have to beat them at Skilled when we play them or I reckin' you say goodbye to top 4.

As for Eagles, Knights and Panthers, there is hardly and difference with +/- as long as we don't get creamed by Manly in the last!

In a nutshell, we just have to keep winning at home (home includes Suncorp)

I don't rate the Cowboys as a Top 4 prospect at all. Infact, I think they will be up against it just to make the 8.

On top of Payne being out for the season (huge loss!!) and O'Donnell out for 4 - 6, consider their run home:

BYE
    Tigers (A)
    Panthers (H)
    Titans (A)
    Storm (A)
    Dogs (H)
    Knights (A)
    Broncos (H)
    Roosters (A)

Of those 8 matches only the Panthers, Bulldogs and Broncos are at home and the latter 2 of those are really tough anyway. Add to that the fact that the Tigers game is at Leichardt on the quick backup from Origin and the Cowboys are looking in a pretty ordinary spot. They are on 20 points and with the bye this week they will need to win 4 games (maybe 5) to make the 8. Of those only Penrith and the Roosters games look like good winning chances. They will need to win at least 3 more of those tough games so will have their work cut out.

No way are they a top 4 side for mine.

Well here are the Titans tips for round 18. They have been SHOCKING so far but I will persist with them anyway.

While we are on tips can I just say that I was ready to give my comp away 6 weeks ago and have just been tipping home teams with the odd exception. I have dead set rocketed up the ladder with 3 perfect rounds in the last 6 and am only 5 off the lead 2 out of the money. If in doubt - go home!!

Souths v Panthers
    Souths are a dead set rabble and the Panthers are shockingly understrength. This is a game that has little to no bearing on us at all. We have the Rabbits in 5 weeks and I think we want to get them with no finals aspirations at all so I will go the way of the Panthers.
    (NOTE: If the Rabbits are buried by the time we play them that Friday game of ours could compete for lowest match attendance of the year at the cavernous Stadium Australia. If we get 7 or 8 locals down there we might double their gate!!)

Knights v Raiders
    The Raiders have no chance in this but they could do us a big favour by knocking off the Knights who are travelling really sweetly. I wreckon there are 3 spots in the top 4 up for grabs (St George are morals) and there are 5 teams who will fight them out - Dogs, Titans, Storm, Knights and Manly.

Warriors v Dogs
    If the warriors can't win this they are kidding themselves. The dogs have half their team out through injury, suspension and origin and should not be able to win. Come on Warriors!!

Saints v Manly
    Manly are starting to get a little bit too close to comfort. The Saints look like minor premiers to me and can keep going that way with a win down at Win. I would rather us stay 2 off the Saints if it means putting a little bit more breathing space between us and the defending premiers.

Titans v Eels
    I want 3 things out of Mondays game, in order of preference they are:
    1. Another 2 competition points (goes without saying really...)
    2. To get through the game with no injuries on our unprecedented NRL 4 day turnaround.
    3. A positive jolt to our for and against.

That's not asking too much is it?? The warriors game is the key. If they can get up we will be playing for 2nd all on our own!!