Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    From what I watched of that Eels - Panthers game (which wasn't a lot), Hayne is going to be a big lose for them.
    Definitely.

It still remains to be seen who we will lose but it is impossible to be anything but confident about our chances against the Eels. We just match up so well against them and if we can get Mini and Bull back (fingers crossed) we will look even better.

Am I right in saying that we have never been defeated by the Eels?? I remember the day we pumped them at Carrara and also a good win early last season on a Friday night but am not sure if there have been other games I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Definitely.

It still remains to be seen who we will lose but it is impossible to be anything but confident about our chances against the Eels. We just match up so well against them and if we can get Mini and Bull back (fingers crossed) we will look even better.

Am I right in saying that we have never been defeated by the Eels?? I remember the day we pumped them at Carrara and also a good win early last season on a Friday night but am not sure if there have been other games I don't remember.
    I'm pretty sure your right. From what I remember, the Eels have never beaten us.

Hayne...out

What happened ??

Im only happy coz hes not playing us, if anyone he could single handedly beat the Titans but its never good to see a quality player like Hayne be injured.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    Hayne...out

What happened ??

Im only happy coz hes not playing us, if anyone he could single handedly beat the Titans but its never good to see a quality player like Hayne be injured.
    He would have been out for Origin.

Well, Ennis and Kimmorley both selected for Origin. Hopefully they'll be a bit tired for the game two nights later.

Yes and better yet no Titans selected for the Blues.

Harrison, and now maybe Red (thanks to the $%!#wit Myles) looks set to be our only Origin selections.

And there might be a few bulldogs suspended after tonight. A couple of speak tackles, maybe Goodwin and Eastwood or Ryan (not sure who was put on report). As well as Warburton with a broken jaw, I think.

And there might be a few bulldogs suspended after tonight. A couple of speak tackles, maybe Goodwin and Eastwood or Ryan (not sure who was put on report). As well as Warburton with a broken jaw, I think.
    It is Eastwood who looks to be in weeks of trouble
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It is Eastwood who looks to be in weeks of trouble
    That's what it looked like. I thought I heard a commentator say it was Ryan on report though.

A loss for us this weekend would see us likely falling to 4th spot and within 2 points of a half dozen or so teams we really need to be distancing ourselves from. We're hitting our must win games.

Here come the mighty Sea Eagullz

Default Round 17 in Review

A mixed round for the ladder leaders this week with half the teams in the top 4 losing (Dogs and Titans) and the other 2 (StG and Storm) trailing at halftime before getting the chocolates - St George most impresively.

THE LADDER
    The top 8 has turned into a 9 horse race. The Raiders are on 16 points are the only team that you could make a case for fighting their way in but the bottom 7 are just nuisance value from here on out.

1. DRAGONS - 26
    2. DOGS - 24
    3. TITANS - 24
    4. STORM - 23
    5. COWBOYS - 20
    6. MANLY - 20
    7. KNIGHTS - 20
    8. PANTHERS - 20
    9. BRONCOS - 20

We rode a 4-game winning streak into Sunday's loss and even though we stayed on 24 points enough results went our way to keep a gap between us and the chasing pack. The Dragons have been the standout home and away team all year and they have taken the outright lead. Again they have been spared the loss of their in-form halves to NSW Origin. With Soward and Hornby staying on deck they will prove hard to beat even with a few others out

REMAINING BYES
    What would you give for our boys to have another week off and pick up a gift 2 points?? The Storm, the Cowboys and the Broncos are given a week off and 2 points this coming weekend while St George and Newcastle get the weekend after Origin III off. After that it is 8 games a week for 7 weeks into the finals.

THE RIVALS: Injuries
    This is a shocking time of the year for the big guns with some important games coupled with Origin duties. Having big game performers on deck will become so important.
    COWBOYS - They were the hardest hit this week with long term losses of reigning player of the year Payne out for the season and O'Donnell out for 4 to 6 weeks. We play them in 4 so let's hope O'Donnell doesn't return at the shorter end of that prediction.
    BRISBANE - Folau out until the finals will hurt them while Clinton should be right after the bye.
    DOGS - Hopefully their woes out of this round can be compounded at the judiciary. Hannant tried to get up for Origin III, we don't want to have to face him up in Brisbane.
    I think most of the others got through this week OK.

OUR RETURNS
    Rogers has seemingly been close for each of the last 2 so hopefully he returns at home and I read in the Bulletin today that Bull has scans on Friday that he hopes will clear him. We are undefeated at Skilled Park in games where Bailey has played so fingers crossed we get him back as well. If we retain Myers we will be looking OK.

UNCHARTERED TERRITORY
    There are 2 numbers that no Titans fan has ever seen:
    "26"
    We have only ever managed to win 10 games in a footy season. Which means we have only ever managed to score 24 points on the competition ladder. That is right where we were before a 2 game stretch against rivals both outside the 8 - Canberra (loss) and Parramatta.

"40"
    We have never scored 40 points in an NRL match. We are the only team in the comp over the past 3 years that can say that. I am dying to see us put a team well and truly to the sword and get over that 40 point barrier. Most have managed to put up a half-ton in that time.

I mention these 2 here becuase I am hopeful that we can put both of these to bed on Monday night. I mentioned in another thread that i think this Monday night is the most important game we have ever played. I stand by that call. We MUST beat the Eels or those great wins against Manly and St George have been wasted.

OUR BACKLINE
    Imagine if you had a dollar for every time someone posted up their preferred lineup for a coming match. We all have an opinion on who should be out there for us but unfortunately it counts for nothing. I have NEVER been more interested in a team selection than I am for this one.

Another good post. It will be very interesting to see how our team takes the field, as well as the Queensland lineup.

Also, I believe Warburton has a broken jaw from last night.

Another good post. It will be very interesting to see how our team takes the field, as well as the Queensland lineup.

Also, I believe Warburton has a broken jaw from last night.
    I don't know much about Warburton. Is he a regular in their 17 or is he a player that was drafted in to cover other injured players. You couldn't see him lining up in 11 days if he has a broken jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I don't know much about Warburton. Is he a regular in their 17 or is he a player that was drafted in to cover other injured players. You couldn't see him lining up in 11 days if he has a broken jaw.
    I don't know a lot about him either, but he was in the starting side.

Looks like Goodwin and Eastwood will get 2 weeks with a guilty plea.