Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I am VERY confident that they are one team we can get the better of both at Suncorp in July and should we meet in September. I think we match up very well against them Idris or no Idris.
    The 4 day turnaround is gunna be a killer. Totaly unfair in my opinion and not very common (if at all). I can't actually recall a Monday night team backing up again on the Friday. But I reckin' it must have happened in the past, just my memory letting me down as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    The 4 day turnaround is gunna be a killer. Totaly unfair in my opinion and not very common (if at all). I can't actually recall a Monday night team backing up again on the Friday. But I reckin' it must have happened in the past, just my memory letting me down as per usual.
    It hasn't happened in the past. The Titans had to agree to it to allow the Double Header concept at Suncorp to go ahead.

You're right - it is going to be a killer.

Zero from four with those tips so far this weekend.

Not one of those matches went the Titans way.

All that we can hope is that the Raiders duplicate their disgraceful performance from this afternnon when we travel down there in a fortnight. They were absolutely WOEFUL!! You will never hear me complain about the league's system of naming the playing schedule for each rounds only 6 weeks in advance if it keeps such boring, inept, uninspired football off my TV on a Sunday afternoon. (I don't have Pay TV)

Penrith, Rabbits, Knights and Souths (all the teams around 7th - 10th) have conspired to allow Manly right back into Premiership contention this year. They are still shorter with the bookies than we are to win the premiership and right now they look a pretty safe bet to make the 8 with the way they are playing.

They will have planty of teams and supporters looking over their shoulders as the business end of the season approaches.

The only good thing about the results of these games almost ends a few teams seasons.

Also manly have got dragons and bulldogs after the bye, so they probably shouldn't get used to being in the 8.

seems that none of the results went our way this weekend!

Bloody hell, had a shocker with my tips. Can't believe nothing went our way. But we still have Sharks v Broncos tomorrow night.

The Bulldogs do look vulnerable, hopefully we can exploit that in a few weeks at Lang Park.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Looks like one result may go the Titans way with the Sharks up 28-12 against the Broncos with about 25 to go

The Sharks are on a nice run here while the Broncos have slumped! (which isnt a bad thing for us!)

Default Round 15 in Review

I ended up getting only one of those 'Titans Friendly' tips up this weekend but regardless the 2 points that we were gifted for the bye keeps us right up there in the firing line.

THE BIG STORIES FROM ROUND 15
    MANLY
    When we got them in the last minute up here at Skilled a few rounds ago I walked out of the Stadium and told a few of their fans that there is always next year for the Sea Eagles. They are back in a big way and the form out of that win bodes well for us, it now looks an invaluable 2 points as looks where they would be if they had got us - equal 5th!!!

BRISBANE
    Travelling terribly. The Broncos now have the 2nd worst defensive record in the competition. Through 14 matches they have conceded 341 points with only the Roosters leaking more points with 388 points against from the same number of games. They have conceded a whopping 138 points from their last 3 games and now have a points differential of -41. Welcome to the NRL Henjak. It all looked good early in the year but premierships aren't won in May. Missing the finals for the first time in 20 something years would not look great on the CV.

ROOSTERS
    Into odds-on to take the 'spoon with their captian and chief playmaker out for the year and a coach under more pressure than any other in the comp. They're 4 points down on the rest of the comp and realistically have no chance of fighting out. They're gone and I'm lovin it!! I fair dinkum HATE the Roosters.

THE LADDER
    We end the round on 22 points, in a tie for 1st but 3rd on F/A. The good news for us is that the Top 4 has put a little bit of space between itself and the rest of the 8. We have the Dogs, Dragons and Titans on 22 points and the Storm on 21 points round out the Top 4. It is then a gap of 3 points down to the Cowboys, Knights and Broncos on 18 points. MANLY (can you believe that!!) round out the 8 on 16 points ahead of the Panthers on points differential only. Fans of the Rabbits and Warriors, who sit 1 point astern on 15 points, still have plenty to cheer for with their teams well and truly in the hunt for September action.

THE WEEK AHEAD
    TITANS
    We have the Warriors this weekend who, like us, are fresh off the bye and have just 1 player backing up from Origin. They kept a clean sheet against a depleted Knights at home last start in a flood but they will be primed for this. 3 weeks ago this looked a pretty easy win on paper but the form out of their last win makes the Warriors look OK now. We can keep a gap between us and the chasers at the same time as we give the Warriors' finals chances a kick in the guts. If a couple of results go our way we can be playing for an outright lead

TOP 8 RIVALS
    The Dogs have the Cowboys in a Friday night blockbuster at ANZ - match of the round for sure. The Saints have the Tigers, who are due for an upset win (we all hope!!) on the same night. The Storm travel to Canberra on Sunday and will look to rack up another cricket score. Manly and the Panthers have the bye which means 8th will be a minimum of 18 points at the end of the round.

Ben Hannant looks to be out for 6 weeks. Our game against the Broncos is 5 weeks away.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Ben Hannant looks to be out for 6 weeks. Our game against the Broncos is 5 weeks away.
    Bulldogs . He'll be a big loss, but they have been playing well without him.

hopefully we get a full strength team by then. its setting up to be a top of the table decider

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Bulldogs . He'll be a big loss, but they have been playing well without him.
    ooooooo.... how embarrassing for me. But it still helps us out cause we play the Dogs even sooner And Idris will surely be out.

Two GREAT results for us this afternoon.

1. The Eels kept the SEQ rivals Brisbane in the doghouse with a 7 point win. They have dropped out of the 8 for the 1st time this year and they still have to get through Origin III. We will get a great read on how they are travelling this Friday night when they host the Warriors. It won't be hard to do your form after that match - c'mon Warriors!!

2. The Raiders beat Melbourne which keeps us 3 points clear of 4th place. The worst we can be after next round is third!! The other possible bonus there is that the Raiders might give themselves a bit of a pat on the back at training this week and come out underdone against us. They are notoriously hot and cold - I much prefer the idea of getting them after a great performance than a terrible one.

If the Rabbits can get over the top of the Knights in Newcastle tomorrow night we will be 6 points clear of 5th place. That will be some sort of buffer!!

I was very happy with the results today, secured (for now) in 3rd place for at least another week or so. The Raiders will be full of confidence but will the expectation at home get to them and can the Titans pounce on an opportunity to catch them off guard? Brisbane are really struggling for form now and i think we can knock them off at Skilled Park.

Lookoing good with 10 rounds to go, keep it up Titans!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Well Souths couldn't do it for us tonight, but many results still helped out!