Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sense of deja vu as Roosters loom

THE PRINCE DIARIES by Titans capatain Scott Prince

DEJA VU may not be a common term in every NRL player's vocabulary but there is a strong sense of it in the Titans camp this week.

The victory dance for beating the Dragons ended on Monday night with our focus shifting to Bluetongue Stadium for tomorrow night's date with the Sydney Roosters.

The halfway mark of the season has just ticked over, we are on top of the table and are playing the cellar dwellers.

Hence the deja vu. At the back of our minds is a similar game last year.

We were on top of the ladder, we played South Sydney who were on the bottom and we played away at Stadium Australia to a small house of just over 9000 fans.

We lost and that game started our slide down the ladder.

So all week there has been a resolve not to let that happen again.

That's why there has been no continued celebrations as another supposed hoodoo fell with our first win over the Dragons.

We never saw that as a hoodoo. The same as we didn't see the following as hoodoos:

1. Titans can't win away,

2. Titans can't win without Prince or,

3. Titans can't beat Manly.

The more people put those in our face the more we saw them as challenges to be ticked off. The same as the Roosters tomorrow night are a challenge.

I see this game as one of the most important of the season. After this we have another bye, so a four-point game.

The same as the Souths game last year, I am expecting a small crowd.

You'll be able to hear a dog bark up the main street of Gosford, so the atmosphere factor will be down.

Sure, beating the Dragons was great, but that was also a game that wasn't hard to get up for. Big match, big crowd, at home.

This is a real test of our mental game.

OK, what an interesting week it has been.

Saturday: Kristy and I took in the Winternationals drag racing with good mate, jeweller and racer Stu Bishop. Great day. Can't wait for Indy. Put the Audi through it's paces on the way home. Note to Brett and Bec Frizelle: You may get some expensive transport department pics in the mail (just kidding).

Sunday: Ballwork session at Skilled. Has been a long preparation for this game. Peaking well.

Monday: Bizarre day. Swine flu hits with Harro and Gilly sent home and Boof and Bails in some doubt during the day. Credit to the team how we held our focus. Rapt with win over the Dragons. Short week so no major partying.

Tuesday: Recovery session in freezing water at North Burleigh surf club. Kept the motor racing theme going and seeing movie Fast & Furious with Kristy and `third wheel' Scotty McGregor.

Wednesday: Skills session and then off to have coffee with Kristy and Leukaemia Foundation fundraiser Gillian Rumpf. Kristy is gearing for her head-shaving episode on June 28 at the Sheds Warehouse, 5/131 Old Pacific Highway at noon. Jumping castle and other Titans players there. Come and help my favourite girl raise money for a great cause.

Thursday: Day off training. Guest host at radio SeaFM. Birthday party for my twin cousins Elle and Nikki.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bailey's heroics to rally the troops
    Pat McLeod

LUKE Bailey will be missing against the Roosters tomorrow night but Titans coach John Cartwright will burn an inspirational image of the powerful prop into his players' minds before the crucial clash.

The club co-captain was yesterday ruled out of the away game after scans indicated a small crack in his left arm.

"Basically the crack is where a screw has been inserted for a plate that is in his forearm as a result of a fracture Bails suffered last year," explained football manager Scott Clark.

"It's only the tiniest of cracks which occurred during Monday night's showdown with the Dragons, but it means he will be out for between two to four weeks."

The loss of Bailey is an obvious blow to the Gold Coast's chances at Gosford's Bluetongue Stadium, but Cartwright is already planning a Churchillian address to his players before the game.

"We now know that Bails went back on to the field on Monday night with a broken arm," said Cartwright.

"That says a lot about him and a lot about how important it is to him that we keep winning.

"That is something we will definitely use going into a game like this, in foreign surroundings where a lot of the players have not been to before.

"It is a dangerous game against a side who have not won many games, but are certainly capable of winning."

No doubt Cartwright will remind his players how, against the Dragons Bailey left the field in the first half fearing he had re-broken his arm. He went straight across to the Robina Hospital, where X-rays cleared him of any major damage.

Bailey returned to the sideline in the second half just as Brad Meyers was knocked senseless in a tackle.

Despite being in severe pain Bailey volunteered for another campaign, was sent into action and helped his side to a tight 28-24 victory.

Cartwright will be stressing the need for his side to take that sort of commitment into the clash against the Roosters, who although they are bottom-placed, have the personnel to cause an upset.

Earlier yesterday the Titans also lost five-eighth Mat Rogers to a rib injury, with Cartwright thankful of the depth his squad now boasts.

In the wake of those injuries prop Matt White will come into the starting line-up for Bailey, William Zillman will come off the bench to fullback and Preston Campbell moves up to five-eighth.

David Mead has been added to what is now a five-man bench, with the 18th man to be named after a training session today in Gosford.

"We have more depth this year, but we certainly need it," said Cartwright.

"Matt White has played three weeks of big minutes back in Queensland Cup and has played well.

"Having Zillman and a fit Chris Walker in the squad has been a massive difference for us this season.

"It enables us to have quality players in positions even when we get injuries."

The injury to Bailey also rules him out of Origin 2 on June 24 in Sydney.

"I am really disappointed for him," said Cartwright

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Cherrington coming in for Mason should be pretty rusty.

I've seen Sylvias banner and the southern legion more than a few times during the first half.

Ahhhhh brings back the memories of the away roosters game last year

good job guys,keep it going in the second half

Well that fell apart.

My sister says that Chris Walker is a jedi.
    Last edited by kwigibo; 13-06-09 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Well that fell apart.
    you spoke too soon

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

and the biggest **** OFF ever to big nosed braith anasta you useless over rated wanker

cop that

hahahah we played absolutely useless and still beat them lol

WALKER TRY OF THE YEAR.. YEAH BABY.

Now I've settled down a bit...phew

We were pretty awful tonight,we looked tired and I think we miss Rogers when he's out of this side to the point where we miss him more than Prince when he is out. It was a lucky win and I'd love to see the possession stat because we had zero ball in that second half.

I thought Friend and Preston were our only 2 who played well,everyone else was below par.

I'd love to have another look at the roosters first try after half time,I'm sure the tryscorer was miles offside but I haven't seen the replay of it yet

At the end of the day we won really ugly tonight when we should have been beaten...but thats a sign of a champion team to win games they have no right to win

oh and how anybody can ever mention Braith anasta and mitchell Pearce in the same sentence as state of origin selection needs their head read,Both are the most over rated players in the NRL

One last thing,how the hell did Walker stay in the field of play? BRILLIANT

Paul, I wish we were there again, at least im still having a drink for them like last year, Im so proud of the all right now, including the southern legion, woooo-hoooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    you spoke too soon
    I'll speak too soon gladly if this is what comes from speaking too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by helcam4 View Post
    Paul, I wish we were there again, at least im still having a drink for them like last year, Im so proud of the all right now, including the southern legion, woooo-hoooo.
    I was thinking the exact same same thing,did you notice the same people we were with from the southern legion going mental on camera at the end

I'm so stoked for them,I hope they go on another pub crawl like we did last year after we robbed the roosters of 2 points lol

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    I'll speak too soon gladly if this is what comes from speaking too soon.
    they've given us 2 heart attacks in 5 days

I was thinking the exact same same thing,did you notice the same people we were with from the southern legion going mental on camera at the end
    Yeah, we have another big guy dancing who'll be on fox sports promos for a week. He stole your thing!

they've given us 2 heart attacks in 5 days
    Walker gave me like a good heart attack... a heart explosion?