Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    that was bull****!
    anasta fumbles all over presto for way too long, then finally gets up and then gives presto a nice lil smack around the chops.....i have gained more respect for chalky after what he did tonight.....from memory chaclky didnt actually punch anasta, but anasta got him.......
    so please explain to me how odwyer got penalised?

good work chalky! i would take the penalty any day if it meant more sticking up for ya team mates...........
    HERE HERE totally agree ...its good to see one of the big boys stick up for the little bloke! Anasta as usual ....an a$$hole and got what he deserved... i also dont understand why they got the penalty after Anasta punched chalky but yeh..... the only bad think about the incident is it fired up the wrong team but hey ill take those 2 points any shape of form
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

and with all the talk about hoodoo`s being broken by the titans this year, good to see another gone. delaney finally passes the ball to walker to score.

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by helcam4 View Post
    and with all the talk about hoodoo`s being broken by the titans this year, good to see another gone. delaney finally passes the ball to walker to score.
    i know FINALLY and it won us the game ..i hope he noticed its not that hard to pass the ball

i also saw him get his hand free and look for an offload ....i almost passed out i was so amazed!!
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

I feel sorry for Delaney and the crap he cops by his own fans especially on here. This "he never passes the ball" stuff is really out of hand.The poor bloke can't win,If he threw it to the wing at every opportunity like you all want and Walker gets thrown into touch you'd all be screaming at him for that. Nobody has mentioned how he saved a try when Walker stupidly played the ball before looking to see if anybody was at dummy half on our own line and Delaney had to do a superman dive and save the situation,all the excellent things he does on the field seem to always go unnoticed and this myth that he never passes a ball is all anybody says about him.

He's set up Walker for a number of tries this season,he breaks the line consistantly and his defence is excellent. His pass last night for the last try was sublime and he'll be a huge loss if/when he goes. He's been probably our most consistant back since day 1 of the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I feel sorry for Delaney and the crap he cops by his own fans especially on here. This "he never passes the ball" stuff is really out of hand.The poor bloke can't win,If he threw it to the wing at every opportunity like you all want and Walker gets thrown into touch you'd all be screaming at him for that. Nobody has mentioned how he saved a try when Walker stupidly played the ball before looking to see if anybody was at dummy half on our own line and Delaney had to do a superman dive and save the situation,all the excellent things he does on the field seem to always go unnoticed and this myth that he never passes a ball is all anybody says about him.

He's set up Walker for a number of tries this season,he breaks the line consistantly and his defence is excellent. His pass last night for the last try was sublime and he'll be a huge loss if/when he goes. He's been probably our most consistant back since day 1 of the Titans
    I've seen plenty of people talk about how good he is in defence and I know I've pointed out numerous times how many metres he makes.

For all the good he's still a ball hog, much the same as Rogers. He's probably blown more tries than he's set up by not passing the ball to a winger screaming for the ball with nothing but wide open spaces between him and the try line. There's a reason a forward was our top try scorer last year. (And no I'm not saying it's soley Delaney's fault)

Delaney is at his best when we are coming out of trouble with strong running from either dummy half or one pass off the ruck. He is strong, he positions himself well in defence and he tackles effectively.

I am often critical of his failure to pass when there is overlap but I also agree with Steve that Rogers is probably a worse offender than Delaney.

I think the writing is on the wall with Delaney given the signing of Tomane and the fact that he had another strong game last night against the Rabbits. Thank God the Reds are a rabble or according to today's Sunday Mail he would off to play Ra-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by helcam4 View Post
    hey sylv, we were really dissapointed we couldnt make it this year, but we are coming down for the raiders game, hopefully we can catch up with some of you then????
    I've sent an email out to the Southern Legion to get expressions of interest and see if we can organise to sit together. Aiming to venture down there for the game though. It'd be great to catch up with you guys then!

Well done to the Soutern Legion on Saturday night. You guys had ur mugs on TV quite alot. Especially the big fella in the Heritage jersey who went nuts at the end of the game. Looked like that guy on the NRMA add doing the sprinkler and the pretend guns.

Even Diehard got his ugly moosh up there.

Walker plays down heroics
    Adam Gardini

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans winger Chris Walker has played down his match-winning heroics in the wake of Saturday night?s last minute win over the Sydney Roosters.

Titans assistant coach Trevor Gillmeister agreed with the winger?s assessment, joking that in poker terms Walker was dealt a ?10 and an 8 but pulled a card on the river? with his 79th minute try at Gosford?s Bluetongue Stadium.

To listen to audio interviews with Walker and Gillmeister from today?s training session click on the link below.

Chris Walker interview

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Well done to the Soutern Legion on Saturday night. You guys had ur mugs on TV quite alot. Especially the big fella in the Heritage jersey who went nuts at the end of the game. Looked like that guy on the NRMA add doing the sprinkler and the pretend guns.

Even Diehard got his ugly moosh up there.
    Oh what a night.....

It was the best away game I have been to! That's for sure!

I loved being with the mighty Southern Legion. I love those guys and girls, they are just as big an attraction to me as the Titans when it comes to away games. They haven't seen many wins, but it never dampens their passion and they deserved that win more than anyone.

We all went absolutely biserk! Especially Matt our new Titans TV star! Everyone is talking about it on the net. Great advertisement for the Titans and rugby league. Especially to see the level of passion at an away game!

We were chanting and yelling our support all night. Twice when we started chants, we scored within seconds. It's tought though, being surrounded by enemy Rooster fans. And trying to remember that when people are happy at away games, it's BAD for the Titans.

Makes me really appreciate the home ground advantage we have at Skilled Park!

The Chook Pen was loud and proud and pumping passion and energy into the Roosters. But our Titans head strong, with hardly any possession in the 2nd half.

I was talking up Chris Walker from the Toyota Cup all through the NRL match. Trying to explain to Syl why I think he is the coolest player. We did heaps of Walker chants. And I even prophetised Walker's last minute game winning try, which added to the electricity of the entire game. How we were all focusing on Walker and it pays off. (Yea I know he made a few mistakes.)

Thanks to Syl and the Southern Legion! It was a fantastic game and experience. I will be seeing you again soon!

I encourage all Titans fans to check their diaries and bank accounts and see if they can make it to some of the few remaining away games to come. We only have a few left and they are very important. We need those points to make the Top4/8 and we need the form and experience to win away and in NSW. We also need to expand our southern fanbase. It would be fantastic to see heaps of Titans fans from QLD go down and re-enforce our passionate and loyal Souther Legionnaires!

The Raiders game would be a great start!

good win, esp going into the bye, yeh boi, finals here we come!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

We all went absolutely biserk! Especially Matt our new Titans TV star! Everyone is talking about it on the net. Great advertisement for the Titans and rugby league. Especially to see the level of passion at an away game!

The Raiders game would be a great start!
    I was going to find out who that was, we were here watching the game and my young fella of 2 and a half was sort of watching but was not really caring what was going on till after that try..

He saw Matt jumping around and all of a sudden burst out laughing watching him jumping up and down waving his arms

As we have IQ I had to replay it for him a thousand times before he went to bed, I thought he was over it till we were watching the news on Sunday night and who do you think he saw jumping up and down in his Heritage jumper??? Matt, he just cracked up all over again, 15 minutes of replays later I managed to move past it...

Good work Matt, a priceless moment buddy..

Bruski.

I saw the first 20 mins of the game when the Roosters were up 6-0 and just as I left home the Titans scored followed by 2 more tries while I wasnt watching. I watched most of the 2nd half at a restaurant just to see the Roosters pile on 3 tries. In the car on the way to a party i listened to the last minutes of the game on the radio waiting for a miracle, and of course it came while I wasnt watching! Maybe we didn't deserve the win but it shows the Titans can fight til the very end and that roar when the Try was given was great by the Titans fans!

Preston Campbell laid some good tackles in defence to save a couple tries as he always does.

Nonetheless, a wins a win!