Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
    Well done Titans, you smashed us in that first forty. When Bull left the field we scored a couple of tries. Thoughly deserve win. Did any one at the ground feel the temperature drop real quick?
    Yea, I was freezing, as was most of us in The Legion. I kept my jacket and beanie on until kick off and straight back on at full time.

Anyone see the massive lines for food? Even when the game started for the 2nd half people didn't budge. I bailed and cut my loses. Obviously everyone got a craving for some hot food cause of the gold.

They ran out of either cups at the coffee shop at the northern end. No hot drinks. I also saw Steve get a hot chocolate.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea, I was freezing, as was most of us in The Legion. I kept my jacket and beanie on until kick off and straight back on at full time.

Anyone see the massive lines for food? Even when the game started for the 2nd half people didn't budge. I bailed and cut my loses. Obviously everyone got a craving for some hot food cause of the gold.

They ran out of either cups at the coffee shop at the northern end. No hot drinks. I also saw Steve get a hot chocolate.
    I don't know why you're all complaning about the cold. I love winter games. Only cos I have the hottest seat(I mean suit) in the house.

The temp dropped dramatically just before kick off, was the coldest beer ive ever had at Skilled.

Just on beer: I bought 4 beers and they charged me $24.50

They charged me 50cent for the bloody tray!!!!!!

Seriously is there not enough mark up on the beer, 24 dollars for 4 cups of warm flat light beer, disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Well done Titans, you smashed us in that first forty. When Bull left the field we scored a couple of tries. Thoughly deserve win. Did any one at the ground feel the temperature drop real quick?
    At half time I went from being chilly to effing freezing,so much so that by full time my fingers wouldn't bend and my hands were stinging from numbness

I'd just like to point out how admirable I found the dragons after the match.I went home and watched the game (I taped it and the post game show) and Dean Young,Ben Hornby and Wayne Bennett made absolutely no excuses,praised us for the way we played and admitted to their fans they were simply not good enough in the first 40. It was nice to hear a team making no excuses and telling it how it was.

also,he may be fat and old but big del was amazing all game.he ran the ball up more than his forwards,defended well and his run out of the in goal was brilliant.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    I don't know why you're all complaning about the cold. I love winter games. Only cos I have the hottest seat(I mean suit) in the house.
    Im with u i dont know wat u all going on about with the temp it was great...........weather for the footy....

Wat a win for the boys maybe know ppl might relize we are the real deal...........

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The temp dropped dramatically just before kick off, was the coldest beer ive ever had at Skilled.

Just on beer: I bought 4 beers and they charged me $24.50

They charged me 50cent for the bloody tray!!!!!!

Seriously is there not enough mark up on the beer, 24 dollars for 4 cups of warm flat light beer, disgrace.
    I'm used to the price of beer by now - what really began to annoy me last night was the new ploy of playing ads when everyone looks up to the bigscreen for a replay after a dropped ball or a big hit etc. You try to get a feel for the game with strips or whatever and all you get is an ad for Robina Town Centre.

I understand the need for advertisisng but this is WAY over the top!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I'm used to the price of beer by now - what really began to annoy me last night was the new ploy of playing ads when everyone looks up to the bigscreen for a replay after a dropped ball or a big hit etc. You try to get a feel for the game with strips or whatever and all you get is an ad for Robina Town Centre.

Here here. I hate that aggressive trickster marketing, and when I watch replays of games I've attended I'm always seeing things that I missed completely at the game, or seeing them in a really different light. Did we get any replays last night that weren't video referrals? I would have liked to see if Hornby was onside for that try while we were there, Aami's getting off too lightly otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Also when they play any add or music it's played at the Loudest Volume possible

I agree with Coaster , i nearly choked when they added the 50c for the joy of buying watered down $6 plastic cups of crap in a cardboard tray & they've also added 20c for any sauce,mustard etc
    #itaintweaktospeak

Going to watch the replay tomorrow. The best team won, I unfortunately have to admit. Couple of things though.

Benefit of the Doubt. Every video referee decision was a benefit of the doubt try. Brad Meyer's first was not deserving of the try or the Benefit of the Doubt if you ask me.

What is the deal with taps over the head. I honestly don't see the difference between the 3 that have occured this season, yet the first one, the precedent setter, is the only one to be denied.

Our benefit of the doubt try was a clear cut try. I didn't see what doubt there was.

Matt Cooper needs to learn to pass the ball. Early in the game whenever we made an attacking move along the backline, Coops would get it and try to do a Gasnier. He isn't that sort of centre. And someone has to bloody follow Ben Creagh when he is running the ball. He is capable of offloading every bloody time! We could have made so many more metres if someone just ran with him in support.

Wendell Sailor is alot more than a winger. He was everywhere in attack. He is a vital cog in our side and is no longer just a novelty player. He deserves to be picked for Origin because he is simply in amazing form. He isn't quick, but he doesn't need to be. And the try that the Titans scored on their wing when he came in wasn't his fault. Soward was defending in the centres and slipped, so if Dell doesn't head in then the Titans centre scores in a big gap.

Prince seemed to enjoy talking to the referee whenever we had a decision go our way. Speaking of decisions, you got alot of them in the first 20 minutes, which combined with our sub-standard defence allowed you to rack up the points.

That's all I can remember from the game, I'll have to watch the replay. But well done Titans, you played better than we did and got the 2 points. Hope to see you in the finals with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post

What is the deal with taps over the head. I honestly don't see the difference between the 3 that have occured this season, yet the first one, the precedent setter, is the only one to be denied.

The Hayne one was alot different because the fullback was making a genuine play at the ball and Hayne purposely tapped it over his head. On Monday night Nightingale was already halfway to the turf after slipping over before walker got there so he wasn't being disadvantaged by Walker tapping it the way he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The Hayne one was alot different because the fullback was making a genuine play at the ball and Hayne purposely tapped it over his head. On Monday night Nightingale was already halfway to the turf after slipping over before walker got there so he wasn't being disadvantaged by Walker tapping it the way he did.
    Plus it seemed to me he wasn't tapping at the ball, he was trying to grab it but it bounced off his fingers.

As for the first Meyers try, he forced it with the palm of his hand. You're right, no doubt... just a try. Much better than others awarded with downward pressure from the forearm, chest, etc.

[QUOTE=Steelers;251179]
    Matt Cooper needs to learn to pass the ball. Early in the game whenever we made an attacking move along the backline, Coops would get it and try to do a Gasnier. He isn't that sort of centre.

The only thing Cooper is good at is his defence. Not one of my favourite players.

Hey did any1 else notice that the boys were wear diffent pants??

Or was it just me but they seemed abit lighter than norm.......

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Hey did any1 else notice that the boys were wear diffent pants??

Or was it just me but they seemed abit lighter than norm.......
    I just watch the footy not there bums

I just watch the footy not there bums
    Yeah im expecting titan pete or diehard to know the ans