Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

He was the form winger from the World Cup, through the Titans off season and through the trials. His injury led to the current 2 wingers but imo Walker is a better option than Gordon.

He should be in the team but Cartrights attitude to give current players a chance is a good one which has meant fringe players must perform consistently to be considered.

I sure hope he gets a shot cause i wanna see him blast out into open space, not many will cut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    As if this game wasn't big enough already.

With Melbourne putting the cleaners through Brisbane and with the Panthers currently leading the Tigers we will drop as low as 8th with a loss if Nth QLD do the expected and roll the Rabbits.

If we win we share the lead for the comp on 18 points with StG, Dogs, Brisbane and possibly the Knights.

What a comp that can see the outcome of one game leave us 1st (5th on F/A) or 8th!!

BTW - If anyone is having a punt for Straddie weekend I have done the form and come up with a few all at good prices:

Race 5 (Stradbroke) - Mr Baritone ($11) *SPECIAL*
    Race 6 (QLD Derby) - Old Jock ($15)
    Race 7 (Brisbane Cup) - Music Review ($13)
    Race 8 (QLD Guineas) - Geeza ($8)

You will only need 1 to get up to be having lobster for dinner!!
    Seems like you aren't eating lobster

just heard that gordon is out, zillman onto the wing with cartwrigth to decide between mead and graham for a bench spot, i would really like mead to get his chance

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    just heard that gordon is out, zillman onto the wing with cartwrigth to decide between mead and graham for a bench spot, i would really like mead to get his chance
    whats wrong with gordon???
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
    Seems like you aren't eating lobster
    No, and unfortunately it doesn't come in a can 'cos canned food is all I will be eating this week!!

Gordon strained a groin and hasn't trained all week. It will be a real shame if he does not get up. Personally I would go for Graham on the bench against the Dragons to try and counter their punch in the forwards - we can't afford to carry a winger on the bench when we have a couple of players (Chalky and Graham) who can cover centre if needed.

Results COULD NOT have gone better for us this weekend, with teams both in the 8 and out doing the right thing by us.
    OUTSIDE TOP 8:
    • Warriors got beaten
    • Rabbits in 9th got beaten

This means that a loss against the Dragons would leave us in 8th, 4 points off the Saints in the outright lead but 3 points clear of the Rabbits in 9th. That is a fair sort of buffer on the bottom 8 with games against the Roosters and Bye coming up.

INSIDE TOP 8:
    • Knights lost
    • Brisbane copped a CANING by the Storm and their F/A dropped to +16

Our F/A is +14, so a victory of greater than 2 points will see us jump to 3rd, equal on points with Saints, Dogs and Brisbane.

At the start of the round 4th looked as good as we could hope for with a win. This game just keeps getting more and more important as the week rolls on!!

Here's the ladder in full. Sorry that it formatted poorly.

Position Club P W D L B F A Pts/Diff PTS
    1 Dragons 12 9 0 3 0 252 144 108 18
    2 Bulldogs 11 8 0 3 2 270 192 78 18
    3 Broncos 12 8 0 4 1 267 251 16 18
    4 Storm 12 7 1 4 1 253 162 91 17
    5 Cowboys 12 7 0 5 1 318 200 118 16
    6 Panthers 12 7 0 5 1 284 238 46 16
    7 Knights 13 8 0 5 0 293 252 41 16
    8 Titans 11 7 0 4 1 208 194 14 16
    9 Rabbitohs 12 5 1 6 1 239 258 -19 13
    10 Sea Eagles 12 5 0 7 1 236 230 6 12
    11 Raiders 11 4 0 7 2 211 252 -41 12
    12 Warriors 12 4 1 7 1 190 246 -56 11
    13 Eels 12 4 1 7 1 174 283 -109 11
    14 Tigers 12 4 0 8 1 232 292 -60 10
    15 Sharks 12 3 0 9 1 167 249 -82 8
    16 Roosters 12 3 0 9 1 189 340 -151 8

I was cheering on Parra, glad to see the Knights go down. We are starting to see a distinct break away of the Top 8. It's turning into a more internal struggle for Top 4/8 positions. We definitely want to make the 4 so there is no chance of sudden death. And we want a Home Final.

It's just amazing that only 2 points seperates 1st from 8th and we can jump to 3rd with a win over the Dragons.

It's up to our forwards tomorrow, they need to dominate and deny the Dragons the yards and opportunity to deploy Soward's kicking game. Hopefully we can shut him down and put pressure on him.

They are also dangerous outwide with Sailor and Morris. Dragons are really a complete team. They won give up, we need to play 80 mins. Hopefully rack up a good amount of points in the first half.

Good luck tomorrow Titans and see you at Skilled Park!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I was cheering on Parra, glad to see the Knights go down. We are starting to see a distinct break away of the Top 8. It's turning into a more internal struggle for Top 4/8 positions. We definitely want to make the 4 so there is no chance of sudden death. And we want a Home Final.

It's just amazing that only 2 points seperates 1st from 8th and we can jump to 3rd with a win over the Dragons.

It's up to our forwards tomorrow, they need to dominate and deny the Dragons the yards and opportunity to deploy Soward's kicking game. Hopefully we can shut him down and put pressure on him.
    I was also cheering on Parra it's better for us & it's great to see the 8 taking shape with a bit of a gap now between 8 & 9

I had a chat with Henderson on Thursday & he said he's ready to have his Biggest performance of the year against his old team & he needs to as he hasn't reached anywhere near where he was last season & he knows that but he said his leg was still giving him problems but is now feeling 100% , i asked him to belt the "Pie Eater" (Weyman) when The Rat walked up behind us & said "Just Put 1 On His Farking Chin"

This is our last hurdle before making the Semi's in 09'
    #itaintweaktospeak

i cant wait.....it feels like so long since our last game......

ill be there at gates open....

4:30?

it would be amazing to see our guys dominate this game, but i'd be happy with any win.....

GO THE TITANS!!!!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Default Swine flu puts Titans in doubt

THE Gold Coast Titans State of Origin trio could be ruled out of tonight's clash with St George-Illawarra after members of their respective teams contracted swine flu in Melbourne.

The Titans are this morning in limbo as health authorities determine whether co-captain Luke Bailey, Anthony Laffranchi and Ashley Harrison need to be quarantined.

If the players have to be quarantined then they will be ruled out of the blockbuster clash.

Titans coach John Cartwright said the club is playing a waiting game.

``We're not real sure, it's only just come to light in the last half an hour. There's been a case in the Queensland team and also the NSW team,'' he said.

``We're awaiting advice on what we need to do.''

Gold Coaster Ben Hannant, a team mate of Harrison, contracted swine flue while it is understood at least one NSW official had also contracted the flu.

Six Brisbane Broncos players - skipper Darren Lockyer, Israel Folau, Karmichael Hunt, Sam Thaiday, the injured Justin Hodges and NSW halfback Peter Wallace - have been quarantined for 72 hours as a precaution.

Queensland Health authorities today issued a statement saying that to date they had no evidence of other players having tested positive to swine flu or displaying flu-type symptoms since the Melbourne match but clubs are being advised of the possibility.

Queensland's Chief Health Officer, Dr Jeannette Young, said team and club doctors were being contacted so that all those who may have been associated with the player could be given appropriate advice.

The Titans trio had trained twice with their home club since returning from Melbourne, unaware they had come in contact with swine flue.

Cartwright said despite having trained together, with no issue, the club would abide by medical advice.

``I'm not a doctor. It's not for me to say what's right or wrong, if the medical people say we're in quarantine then we're in quarantine, simple as that,'' he said.

``We've got to follow the guidelines that we are given.''

Titans CEO Michael Searle said he did not think tonight's fixture would be called off but added the Titans were 'waiting for the official word from the NRL'.

The Titans went for their regular match day walk and swim at Kurrawa beach this morning and are treating today as a normal match day.

``At the moment were all going to be playing until we hear otherwise,'' said Cartwright.

The Dragons have four players, including Gold Coaster Darius Boyd, in the same situation.

The Titans are scheduled to take on the Dragons at Skilled Park tonight at 7pm.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

Far canal..........
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

So if 4 players are out for the dragons, will they have enough players? Or look to the under 20s? Or do they have players not named at the start of the week travel with the team?

They couldn't ask the under 20s to play 2 games back to back like that.

I'm guessing they can fly up some reserve graders last minute to fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    They couldn't ask the under 20s to play 2 games back to back like that.

I'm guessing they can fly up some reserve graders last minute to fill in.
    I was thinking that some under 20s would just play first grade. The under 20s would travel with backups wouldn't they? If they have to fly two players up last minute, that would be a huge advantage to us, especially considering tweed had the bye.

I'd just like that official word from the NRL before I hop on my train to the coast!