Gold Coast Titans vs St George-Illawarra Dragons

Monday June 8 - Skilled Park

Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au

TITANS

TBA

DRAGONS

TBA
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Seening as we have the BYE this round, let's focus on this big match and talk it up for 2 weeks.

We have killed the Manly monkey, now it's time for the Dragons!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I'll be there, its my rdo on friday so spending the long w/e down the coast, stimulate the economy and hopefully watch the dragons make it 7-0.

7-0?

We have only played 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    7-0?

We have only played 5 times.
    Hopefully he's not a Terminator sent back from the future & he knows something we don't or he just can't count
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sent back from the future to try and change history... because the Dragons will continue to choke in the finals for the next 5 decades and are about to merge with Cronulla. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Dragons allied with the evil that is SkyNet.

Although they did stay loyal during the Super League war and I'll give them credit for that at least.

But hey, Terminator Salvation comes out next week, should be great. So many awesome films out this year.

Back on the game, I'm hoping that the Maroons can do us a favour by squashing the Dragons NSW reps in Weyman, Poore and Creagh.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 26-05-09 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    But hey, Terminator Salvation comes out next week, should be great. Sp many awesome films out this year.
    I pre-purchased tickets for Saturday nights session at the new V Max cinemas at Robina which are opening this weekend , "Asta La Vista Baby"
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I pre-purchased tickets for Saturday nights session at the new V Max cinemas at Robina which are opening this weekend , "Asta La Vista Baby"
    They are the one and only fully digital cinemas in the country! Im will seeing a movie there on the weekend to just to see what its like

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

he just can't count
    Just not watching what i'm typing

because the Dragons will continue to choke in the finals for the next 5 decades and are about to merge with Cronulla
    Better than chocking mid season

It's a huge game for Titans fans between Panthers and St George this weekend. We are in direct competition with both of these teams for spots in the 4 and the 8 and both of them have beaten us this year. I don't think the Dragons have lost consecutive games all year so if they do get rolled by the depleted Panthers you would expect Bennett to have them primes for their Skilled visit. Our for and against is the worst of any positive team in the comp and could be an anchor at the end of the year - meaning the difference between a home or away final if we can't start to run up some points.

St George have already had one of their byes so they play this weekend against Penrith.

The Saints go in minus Poore, Weyman, Creagh and Boyd but still have a fair bit of class with Hornby, Soward, Cooper and Morris all match winners on their day.

How filthy would you be if you were a Panthers fan?? They have Civinoceva and Jennings out and have Lewis out as 18th man. There is the chance that he will miss this weekends match and still not play origin. Although they have less numbers on origin duty I would say the Panthers are the more disadvantaged side with their inspriation and their brilliance both out.

Get down the TAB and have a fiver on a draw, usually pays around $26, becuase that would be a perfect result for the Titans as we would make ground on both without playing a game.

Carty and the rest of the coaching team will try to play down the Dragons hoodoo but at 4 - 0 there is some fairly compelling evidence to say that it is alive and well. At 5 - 0 it starts to look awful and would definitely dominate talk heading into a final, if that were to eventuate.

I posted on the Manly thread how important I thought this current run of 3 games were - Manly () followed by Dragons and Roosters. The Manly win takes the pressure off to a certain degree but a loss would put a huge emphasis on the danger game against the Roosters at Gosford.

A win on Queen Lizzy's Birthday will do 3 things:
    1. Keep us moving UP the ladder.
    2. Bury the final hoodoo before a finals game. Remember the Cowboys went something like 5 years without beating the Broncos and that sequence became a real burden before every game!!
    3. Enable a pressure free build up to the Roosters game that can allow us to really put a team to the sword. Remeber again that we have never, ever scored 40 points ina game of footy.

St George have already had one of their byes so they play this weekend against Penrith.
    The saints haven't had a bye, our byes come up in the next 6-8 weeks with a 2 week gap or something between them.

A good post, i have to agree with you about the panthers, losing those three players takes away from the ability to make metres, points and hard defence. Saying that Boyd and Weyman are massive losses this week, they are the number one and two meter eaters for the saints. Sailor, Cooper, Stanley, Morris and Nightingale, are all going to have to stand up this week and take extra runs to get our engine room going, hunt and saffy are good players, but nothing like poore and weyman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    The saints haven't had a bye, our byes come up in the next 6-8 weeks with a 2 week gap or something between them.
    Yeah your right about that. It makes the Saints position on the ladder even stronger then.

The ladder can get so confusing at this time of year with the ridiculous rule that gives teams points for the bye. Can anybody explain to me the reason why teams are given two points on their bye weekend. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 28-05-09 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Can anybody explain to me the reason why teams are given two points on their bye weekend. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
    A self esteem boost for Cronulla fans.

Well if you don't give them points it still artificially manipulates the table.

I think it has other positives, it makes the fans of the team feel like they are getting something in their week off. Makes the fans look forward to it. I think fans would despair the bye alot more if nothing was on offer.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 28-05-09 at 04:03 PM.