Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

It would severely suck to be on the end of a thrashing and have to watch godzilla sized Blues trample us.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Looks like it will rain tomorrow in Melbourne.

Luckily the dome has a roof!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Its tonight boys and qldrs.....

Ill be at dougs place who else is there?
    time to watch Qld get crushed!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Its tonight boys and qldrs.....

Ill be at dougs place who else is there?
    time to watch Qld get crushed!

Ditto! 'cept the Doug's part, too far on a weeknight.

Okay, that is ridiculous video ref technicality bull****.

Just to pre-empt you blues fans, the referees were the only thing that kept you in this game, a foot on the line is out, and Hayne only got away with his sideline quarterbacking because of a ridiculous lack of accountability on the officials part.

hayne no try was a try i rkn, his back heel was of the ground.
    need mullen i think at 6, and sifnt chip for the flying jennings aye ahah
    good game.

So who replaces Hodges? Dell? Walker? Tonga? Graham?
    Last edited by kwigibo; 03-06-09 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Just to pre-empt you blues fans, the referees were the only thing that kept you in this game, a foot on the line is out, and Hayne only got away with his sideline quarterbacking because of a ridiculous lack of accountability on the officials part.
    Mate I disagree and i m not even talking about the tries regardless of wether they were allowed or not. Other than a few rough edges I m quite happy with the blues. Queensland were a superior team on the night but I m not about to biatch and complain, they played well. I think the blues fell apart a tad after that decision went against them and during that time QLD walked over them. BUT I can proudly say that the vast majority of them picked themselves back up and continued to fight instead of what you would normally expect a 'new' team to do which is give up.

So just to pre-empt any queensland insults................. I m quite proud of the Blues and the heart they showed and I would suggest the typical QLD Kockyness better watch themselves because if not this year then deffinately next year that new team of blues on the park tonight is going to wipe you out!

Here's to 2015

NSW had nothing until Craig Wing came on and got them going through the middle. Queensland being a little bit fatigued probably helped that. Hayne try was a try IMO. It was a 50/50 call, but that is what the Benefit of the Doubt rule is for. Queensland were too good in the end, as expected.

Default QLD 28 - 18 nsw

great game... GREAT WIN !!!!

hayne try, i do believe shouldve been given for benefit of the doubt. one angle showed he appeared to touch the line but the other looked like he didnt.. was cetainly a tough call and i dont think nsw really recovered from it.

can anyone say

QUEENSLANDER
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

As much as I'd like to blame the ref, in the end Queensland just had more composure.

I still think it was a try to Hayne. The view from behind looked like his heel never touched the line. The touch judge was right there watching like a hawk, and hell, even Wally Lewis said try. I thought they were going to bring out magazines and snacks for the players the decision took so long.
    Even if it had been awarded, taking so long kills any sort of momentum a team has.

Then Hayne penalised for taking out Folau? What the? That was dodgy and again, lead to a try and really changed the tide of the game.

That said, NSW had their opportunties and really didn't capitalise on them, and that's why they lost.

The refereeing is of the standard we've come to expect in the NRL this year. ie, utter ****house. NSW got penalised for not getting off the tackled player early in the match (which really, I just couldn't see it, it was normal) and then after that both teams were allowed to lay all over the tackled player for an eternity. While the commentators droned on about how fast origin is, I think we were having the slowest origin game I've ever seen.

Looking at the team, Gidley had an absolute shocker, McManus... why the hell was he out there? Jennings and Hayne were probably among NSW's best. Always looking for the ball and always looking dangerous. Lyon was... well he was there. Campese was fairly quiet, and should only be our last resort kicker which brings us to one of Queensland's best.. Wallace. Please please please can we ditch him. He can't kick, can't pass, he was awful. Bring in Soward, Orford, drag Gower back from Italy, I don't care, throw a bloody jersey on Phil Gould and send him out in the 7.

In the forwards, Boof was decent but didn't seem to get a huge amount of ball. Bull... I have to say, he's gotta go. Along with Kite. Creagh was probably the best forward, had a cracker game. And I'll take back what I said about Wing, he really did add impact off the bench. I thought Lewis went alright too, one of the few NSW players to look hungry in the short stints he was on.

Bellamy... I think he was panicking more than the players. Farrar off, Wing on. Farrar on, Lewis off, someone else off, Lewis on. How many interchanges did he blow in a short period? I wonder if he also told the players to stop going up the middle when they were traveling the length of the field straight through the middle late in the second half? Can't think why they started trying to go wide.

So all said, I can't blame the refs. Congratulations to Queensland.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Just summed it up for me Steve, i think jennings needs to go for cooper. Other than that i would stick with the squad.

The only thing that upset me was haynes try took forever no benefit of doubt, greg inglis has three blues players, including wallace wraping the ball up, you couldn't see if he grounded it, but bang instant call from ref, try.

Outplayed and outgunned i suppose, i need someone to make me my avatar for the game one lose.