Ashley Harrison (Titans) 28, 3 Origins

Dallas Johnson (Storm) 26, 9 Origins

Interchange:

Karmichael Hunt (Broncos) 22, 7 Origins

Michael Crocker (Rabbitohs) 28, 10 Origins

Ben Hannant (Bulldogs) 24, 3 Origins

Nate Myles (Roosters) 24, 9 Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

wow Harrison, not sure if his form has been that great, but it is great news for him, and the club, as he will no doubt find his best form in this game.

Far to strong of a side for NSW.

Hodges Inglis and Falou licking there lips at NSW backline without Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    wow Harrison, not sure if his form has been that great, but it is great news for him, and the club, as he will no doubt find his best form in this game.

Far to strong of a side for NSW.

Hodges Inglis and Falou licking there lips at NSW backline without Cooper
    Coaster you must be watching a different Titans team to me, because Harrison has been in better form this year than last IMO and has been playing much better the Laffranchi.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

To be honest i haven't been overly impressed with Harrison this year, the amount of times he takes the ball up on the forth tackle and gets dominated annoys the hell out of.

Add to that his defense against the Panthers, and it had me thinking quietly that a week off may be in order.

I am glad he got in, don't get me wrong, but i personally don't think he or Lanfrancri have had such an outstanding season, compared to say Stagg
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

The Bulldogs are on top of the ladder, have been the best team this year by a long way, and have one player playing Origin this year from both sides. Surprising to be perfectly honest. They should continue on their winning ways with their side still intact. Good to see a few Dragons in there. I think we are lucky we still have some of our backs though. Their lack of selection for Origin will help us through the next few weeks. NSW have a terrible side IMO. McManus? Andrew Johns gets on his soapbox about a player and suddenly he is Origin material? Also, what is the NSW selectors obsession with Newcastle captains? Andrew Johns, replaced by Danny Buderus, replaced by Kurt Gidley... would he even have been in the starting side if Stewart was available? Queensland to win 3-0, very easily.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

A good looking nsw side, i would have had lewis over wing and ennis over farah, but other than that i'm pretty happy.

I think nsw's idea is to outscore queensland, a big ask but i think you will find that jennings, hayne, mcmanus and lyon will play out of their skins and give qld a real run for their money

And we think the video refs are bad now...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    The Bulldogs are on top of the ladder, have been the best team this year by a long way, and have one player playing Origin this year from both sides. Surprising to be perfectly honest. They should continue on their winning ways with their side still intact. Good to see a few Dragons in there. I think we are lucky we still have some of our backs though. Their lack of selection for Origin will help us through the next few weeks. NSW have a terrible side IMO. McManus? Andrew Johns gets on his soapbox about a player and suddenly he is Origin material? Also, what is the NSW selectors obsession with Newcastle captains? Andrew Johns, replaced by Danny Buderus, replaced by Kurt Gidley... would he even have been in the starting side if Stewart was available? Queensland to win 3-0, very easily.
    Stagg & Ennis would be the only Bulldog really in contention if you ask me. Apart from Hannant and Stagg they're all either past Origin (Kimmorley, Ryan, Patten, El Masri), not elidgible for selection (Roberts, Eastwood, Millard) or not being looked at yet (Idris, Goodwin, Armit, Warburton).

There is nothing wrong with McManus, he's as good as any other winger they could of picked. Johns, Buderus and Gidley were the obvious choices, I don't think its a Newcastle thing. I can't say how things would of played out if Stewart was available, but Gidley has been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    A good looking nsw side, i would have had lewis over wing and ennis over farah, but other than that i'm pretty happy.

I think nsw's idea is to outscore queensland, a big ask but i think you will find that jennings, hayne, mcmanus and lyon will play out of their skins and give qld a real run for their money
    Wing and Lewis offer a lot of the same thing, I just think from an interchange perspective we know Wing comes off the bench well. I'm sure Lewis would do the job, but Wing is a super-sub and always has been. Rabbits never looked better than when Wing come off the bench - they were leading the comp and putting teams away. Since Wing has started, they either scrape in or lose. I was not impressed with Wing in the halves on the weekend.

A lot of potential points in that NSW backline, both scoring and conceding. There is plenty of points in the Queensland backline, but they can keep a side out too. Lyon is the only strong defender there. Jennings and Hayne aren't gonna have a nice time in defense on Wednesday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I'm really suprised Crocker was named. I thought we would have a few better options than him, players who have played more than 2 games this year. Myers, Costigan, Luck, Kafusi, Shillington, Stagg or Parker??

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I'm really suprised Crocker was named. I thought we would have a few better options than him, players who have played more than 2 games this year. Myers, Costigan, Luck, Kafusi, Shillington, Stagg or Parker??
    It doesn't matter how many games the bloke has played, you know exactly what you're gonna get from Mick every time he laces a boot. For mine, he was the best option.

Great QLD team, it is sure pleasing to be able to put together such an amazing side when more often than not we have struggled with key positions.

I'm delighted to see Crocker back! He is a real warrior and it was great to see Bellamy say he didn't want to see us pick him.

Im surprised to see Myles there. Some may deride Wing but he has been playing well and has a great utility value. Surely Lewis missed out cause Wing is the utility. I would have had Lewis over Wing though but at least maybe some Souths fans might attend Origin now.

NSW v QLD, not just two states going head to head. But two different philosophies of team composition. It's going to be a fantastic series.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Coaster you must be watching a different Titans team to me, because Harrison has been in better form this year than last IMO and has been playing much better the Laffranchi.
    I'm pretty sure I am watching a different Titans to you.
    Laffranchi is the top metre getting second rower, not just in the team but the NRL. Third for tackles, fifth for offloads. He's not breaking the line like last year but that could be a lot of things. Prince really hasn't hit his straps, different game plan, etc.

I don't think Ash is at his best either, that said when both those players were doing more on the field they were playing 80min.

Boof's omission is glaring. Not only a Kangaroo but one of the best backrowers in the competition. There loss and there is still 2 other games in the series. Surely after the Maroons destroy the Blues in Game 1, they will be searching for solutions.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I reckon Laffranchi has been playing pretty ordinary by his own lofty standards. Certainly not the player he was last year that got Blues and Roos jerseys. Could be the kick start he needs.

As DIEHARD says, there is still 2 games in the series and if history is anything to go by NSW will got another 2 teams to pick yet.

Anyone calling for Watmough must be a closet Queenslander. His defense gets found out at Club level, he'll be tortured in Origin. Good runner of the ball but I can't see Queensland affording him the time and space he gets in Club games.

Whats the odds O'Donnell gets sin binned?

I think the NSW selectors have chosen well...especially in the halves.
    The last few seasons they have chosen a forward at 5/8 or put the pressure on a rookie half back.

They have gone for an attacking backline and I think Jennings suits the players either side of him.
    People have been bagging Jennings' defense since Gould highlighted it but his defense against the Titans won Panthers the game.

The obvious difference between the two sides is the Props...I'm a fan Of Bailey but I still believe he make a great back rower.

I would have opted for Winterstien over Boyd on the wing but otherwise a predictable QLD side.

I saying all that...the only two NSW players that could make the QLD side, if available, would be O'donnell and Creagh.