Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

I disagree! I think Jennings was one of your better performers least he tried to do something and got involved unlike Jamie Lyon....Secondly i think Kite is overated but Weyman had a good game!

The decision is a correct one with Jarrod Hayne its harsh but geniunely looks on the line therefore no benefit of the doubt. I do think you guys got a little screwed with the other penalty against hayne on falou and when crocker tackled Ben Creah late.

All in all a good game and QLD deserved to win!

GO QUEENSLAND!!!!

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

I would love to see Anthony Laffranchi get through a game without giving away a penalty for laying on the tackled player. He really needs to start thinking about his discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Here is another angle so it a fair try to me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
    Yes, if two still frames from different cameras show something happening and something almost happening what can we conclude? That frame doesn't contradict anything, it's not like there's one magic CSI 3d camera out there providing those two frames and they contradict each other on the same millisecond, and even in that case we'd have to fear some Heisenbergian rip in space-time.

If one frame shows him touching the line, that's enough, I can show you 79 odd minutes of footage from the game where Hayne's feet aren't touching the touch line, but they only have to touch it for a fraction of a second, and if video footage from any angle shows that, the video ref is obliged to rule the way he did. That other angles are inconclusive is to be expected, as they are more often than not in video referrals. An inconclusive angle doesn't contradict a conclusive one.

Frankly, it looks as though it's brushing the line in that other angle anyway, which is a worse angle geometrically to judge.

^^I'll start off by saying, **** i hate that avatar up there. NSW FTW!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
    Thats a try full stop.....no opinion needed.....lol

Yes, if two still frames from different cameras show something happening and something almost happening what can we conclude? That frame doesn't contradict anything, it's not like there's one magic CSI 3d camera out there providing those two frames and they contradict each other on the same millisecond, and even in that case we'd have to fear some Heisenbergian rip in space-time.

If one frame shows him touching the line, that's enough, I can show you 79 odd minutes of footage from the game where Hayne's feet aren't touching the touch line, but they only have to touch it for a fraction of a second, and if video footage from any angle shows that, the video ref is obliged to rule the way he did. That other angles are inconclusive is to be expected, as they are more often than not in video referrals. An inconclusive angle doesn't contradict a conclusive one.

Frankly, it looks as though it's brushing the line in that other angle anyway, which is a worse angle geometrically to judge.
    That is a stupid statement.....

but, going by your 'far superior intelligence', falou is touching that yellow thing from that angle too right?

we were the attacking team and the footage had to be viewed over 1/2 dozen times.....THAT IS BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!!!!! two angles saying two different things.....Neither angle is completely conclusive.....

and then to be penalised down the other end leading to Qlds first try? "oh no izzy went up for the ball and didnt get it.....that cant be right...PENALTY!"

that game was frustrating to watch knowing how well we started and it would have blown any momentum the boys had initially....

(i was trying not to post over the next few weeks so i dont have to see the stupid Q next to my name.....but the arrogance and stupidity in your posts are too wrong to leave unanswered......)

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Just summed it up for me Steve, i think jennings needs to go for cooper. Other than that i would stick with the squad.
    Haha, I don't think you read my post if you think that.

Jennings was one of our best, and Wallace most definitely needs to go!

I'd be bringing in Soward so we actually have a kicking game.
    I'd be cutting Bull and Kite too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'd be cutting Bull and Kite too.
    Did u watch the 2nd half ?????? When Bailey came back on in the 2nd half he was the Best Forward on the Park , Kite,Campese & Wallace are the changes to be made for the next match
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    ^^I'll start off by saying, **** i hate that avatar up there. NSW FTW!^^

Thats a try full stop.....no opinion needed.....lol

That is a stupid statement.....

but, going by your 'far superior intelligence', falou is touching that yellow thing from that angle too right?

we were the attacking team and the footage had to be viewed over 1/2 dozen times.....THAT IS BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!!!!! two angles saying two different things.....Neither angle is completely conclusive.....

and then to be penalised down the other end leading to Qlds first try? "oh no izzy went up for the ball and didnt get it.....that cant be right...PENALTY!"

that game was frustrating to watch knowing how well we started and it would have blown any momentum the boys had initially....

(i was trying not to post over the next few weeks so i dont have to see the stupid Q next to my name.....but the arrogance and stupidity in your posts are too wrong to leave unanswered......)
    I don't want it to get personal, but that is not some depth of field optical illusion, if it was that would imply Hayne is floating 6 inches above the turf in that frame, which he wasn't. I think the video objectively shows his boot touching paint. If it was a queensland player I'd think the same thing. I thought there were bad decisions both ways, no game deciding ones though and I thought this was a good one. He looked at it a bunch of times to make sure, that doesn't make it any less or more correct, but it was a close call that deserved close scrutiny.

I don't want to come off as arrogant either, I've just heard and read a lot of vicious criticism of that call since last night which I think was one of the good ones among some dodgy ones like the soft penalty you mentioned. So I'm saying what I think, I don't think I've said anything particularly stupid or arrogant. Given our differing views on the subject, I doubt I can change your opinion on the relative stupidity of what I said, but what can I do to sound less arrogant? Seriously, I don't intend to come off that way and really don't have cause to.

Exclamation

Seriously, I can't believe some of the blaming and complaining about this Hayne no try.
    It was in the 8th minute people!

No game is won or lost with 72 minutes left to play! I mean come on!

* Maybe the Blues cover defense should have sprinted instead of jogged the 5m needed to stop Thurston scoring. (Thurston sprinted about 15m to get there first! should never have happened)
    * Maybe McManus should have marked up on Inglis instead of the empty space next to him!
    * Maybe Gidley should have remembered where his feet were when he picked up that ball in the in-goal and effectively killed all the Blues momentum at the back end of the game.

If people are going to moan and complain about things, at least do it about things the players actually had CONTROL over!!
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Seriously, I can't believe some of the blaming and complaining about this Hayne no try.
    It was in the 8th minute people!

No game is won or lost with 72 minutes left to play! I mean come on!

* Maybe the Blues cover defense should have sprinted instead of jogged the 5m needed to stop Thurston scoring. (Thurston sprinted about 15m to get there first! should never have happened)
    * Maybe McManus should have marked up on Inglis instead of the empty space next to him!
    * Maybe Gidley should have remembered where his feet were when he picked up that ball in the in-goal and effectively killed all the Blues momentum at the back end of the game.

If people are going to moan and complain about things, at least do it about things the players actually had CONTROL over!!
    Thats very true, but rugby league, particualrly state of origin is about momentum, confidence and enthuasism, that decision sapped all that from the blues for the rest of the first half.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Thats very true, but rugby league, particualrly state of origin is about momentum, confidence and enthuasism, that decision sapped all that from the blues for the rest of the first half.
    Well they need to be more resilient.
    If you think you've had a bad call, you just have to put it behind you and get on with it.
    And you certainly can't let it affect you for an entire half! Thats suicide, especially in origin.

Remember game 3 2006.. (at the same stadium as a matter of fact!)
    Early in the second half QLD had a Tonie Carroll try disallowed that the whole commentary team disagreed with then, very soon after Thurston had knock-on call go against him which was also incorrect.
    THEN to top it all off Eric Grothe was awarded a try after Brett Hodgson clearly knocked on a high ball. Sterlo said in commentary it was a disgraceful decision and QLD were down 14 - 4 deep into the second half....

QLD could have easily lost momentum, confidence and enthusiasm. But you can't afford to do that!
    They ended up scoring 12 points in the last 9 minutes to win the series after NSW has won the last 3 years..... sound familiar??

You can't blame bad calls on a loss if there's still 72 minutes to go!
    Bounce back or go home!
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Wow that was a roller coaster ride.

I watched the game with a mate at Southbank Cinemas, it was a great experience and great atmosphere. If they are doing it again for Game 2, I will certainly go.

I will admit it, I was expecting us to win convincingly, but Origin never works out that way does it? We looked fantastic with those first three tries and then the Blues really started to have a dig.

The memories of how scary Origin is (For a fan)... how every metre, tackle and point matters so much.

Hodges was a huge loss and I struggle to think who would be a decent replacement. Sailor to wing and Folau to centre? That seemed to disrupt our rythium.

I think the Blues will come back a lot stronger, they learnt alot from this match. But I also think the Maroons will be even stronger as well. Inglis was on fire and it was my wish to see him explode.

I think the score flattered the Blues, they didn't really engineer the points. One was a forward pass and two from kick deflections. But that's rugby league.

I don't remember seeing much of Campese?

I was really disappointed in the post game news broadcasts which focused on the Jayne decision. I do believe it was a no try though.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-06-09 at 12:04 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Hi all
    is there any sites to look at the first game ? (video clip ....) thanks for your replies