Default Returning Kangaroos back coach Bennett

from SMH.com.au

Kangaroos coach Wayne Bennett had backing among the first group of players to return from Britain after Australia's spectacular Tri Nations final defeat at the hands of New Zealand.

Mark O'Meley, Ben Kennedy and Trent Barrett made quick getaways from Sydney Airport, leaving Craig Gower to reluctantly face awaiting media.

And Gower offered strong backing for his coach when asked what the future held for Bennett after the weekend's 24-0 defeat in Leeds, which ended Australia's 27-year dominance of international rugby league.

"My thoughts is he's a great coach, you know, I've got the utmost respect for him, I suppose that's (the future) up to the hierarchy at the ARL," Gower told journalists, declining to comment on what other members of the squad thought on the issue.

He said the result had definitely sunk in and the team had been greatly affected by the result.

"I suppose it was one of the worst moments for us as players and to get beaten over there and lose the trophy, it's pretty disappointing," he said.

"There're no excuses there, we got beaten by a better side and we didn't play to our potential."

I don't think the players will publicly bag the coach when they themselves were part of the problem - news is slow in Sydney today it seems

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I don't think the players will publicly bag the coach when they themselves were part of the problem - news is slow in Sydney today it seems
    Yeah players all seem to suport their coach even if they dont :hmm: Ah well i support Bennett even if no one else does

Titan CEO

Bennet is not soley to blame....both players and coach could have done better.

Bennett didnt drop the ball, or miss a tackle.

I didnt even get to see a gameplan, so i dont know how Bennett is to blame

These players are the best we had available, and they wernt good enough to beat a raging hot Kiwi side.

I didnt like it, but i accept it

Titan Club Captain

LOL...Shrek ditched Craig Gower....bahahahaha
    IMO i dont see bennett do anything wrong, i mean, ya cant win them all....gosh..its just one series