Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Every time Mead ran at the line, he seemed like he was going to bust through it and keep going.
    Im glad im not the only one that noticed that! Hes was busting tackles like a front rower!

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...345_sport.html

Titans flyer Chris Walker will not be in Cowboys colours next season despite indicating he was keen to play for the club.

Cowboys executive director Peter Parr said his price tag was beyond the club.

''Chris was only keen if we could meet the financial demands his manager talked about, unfortunately we couldn't get anywhere near (that),'' Parr said.

I don't really think the Cowboys need him anyway. Aren't there a few young guys in the Under 20's ready to come through? Korostchuck and Geia (I remembered the first guy because his name is Chippie).

Another team rumoured to be signing Walker. It'll be interesting to see where he finally ends up.

Gold Coast Titans Chris Walker may get run at Celtic Crusaders
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html

By Steve Ricketts
    August 06, 2009

Welsh rugby league club Celtic Crusaders hope to announce Gold Coast Titans winger Chris Walker as one of their big signings for the 2010 Super League season.

The Crusaders have made Walker a prime target as they seek to build on a maiden season, which has delivered only three wins in 23 rounds.

Coach John Dixon is expected to move into a development role at the club next year, with former Great Britain Test coach Brian Noble in the frame to take over the coaching reins with his future at Wigan still up in the air.

Walker said his manager Chris Orr had spoken to the Crusaders but nothing had been finalised.

Walker hopes to return from a hamstring injury against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on Sunday.

I would love to see him with the Crusaders. I have also heard a rumour. Brisbane. But I really doubt that.

Walks future signature must be one of the most rumoured in quite a while!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I would love to see him with the Crusaders. I have also heard a rumour. Brisbane. But I really doubt that.

Walks future signature must be one of the most rumoured in quite a while!
    I saw him today. I knew there was something I wanted to ask him.

Gold Coast Titans Chris Walker may get run at Celtic Crusaders

Welsh rugby league club Celtic Crusaders hope to announce Gold Coast Titans winger Chris Walker as one of their big signings for the 2010 Super League season.

The Crusaders have made Walker a prime target as they seek to build on a maiden season, which has delivered only three wins in 23 rounds.

Coach John Dixon is expected to move into a development role at the club next year, with former Great Britain Test coach Brian Noble in the frame to take over the coaching reins with his future at Wigan still up in the air.

Walker said his manager Chris Orr had spoken to the Crusaders but nothing had been finalised.

Walker hopes to return from a hamstring injury against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on Sunday.

Former Warriors and North Queensland Cowboys forward Sione Faumuina has parted ways with English club Castleford after being dropped for disciplinary reasons by Australian coach Terry Matterson.

Faumuina, 28, is believed to have returned to Australia.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I suggested somewhere on this Titans forum that Chris Walker would be a perfect replacement for Bulls Semi Tadulala who's contract ends this season & likely to take up contract in union.

Well it's seem Bradfords board must listen to fans as Club are after Walkers signature. He's very unlikely to take up Celtics offer after todays shocking revelations!

http://bit.ly/TsbWL

Yeah..... not to happy with Walker, I just dont get how he can put his hand out for more money. Has he completely forgotten how the club threw him the lifeline in 07 to begin with, which he then threw back in their face ......but they continued to stand by him in 08 as well, has he completely forgotten about the pay check he cashed in 08 even though he didnt play. I m with the big boss man on this one, dont blame him for a second for taking the offer off the table. As for Walks saying "show him respect" wtf mate... do you have amnesia. I m not about to say reward him for getting his life on track either, every other player has their "life on track" we dont go rewarding them for it.

Yep, walks, your good at what you do but I wouldnt say great or fantastic. We are doing just fine at the moment without you. But thanks anyway...... get your passport ready mate......looks like your going to need it.
    Last edited by GCT_07; 19-08-09 at 07:54 AM.

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    As for Walks saying "show him respect"
    Yeah this is the part that gets me. I hope that what he said was taken out of context or something. The club stood by him for the past three years and put him in a better position to be able to attract offers like that from overseas clubs.

Very disappointing to read that kind of thing. The club can certainly assure itself that it did show Walker alot of respect, patience and goodwill. It is a shame he can't stay on with the club, but very unneccessary to make such heavy comments in the media about it.

Definitely have to be on the club's side here...

GCT 07 is right though, we are cruising with Mead and Gordon.

Thanks for bringing us some news from old England BU07LLS! Much appreciated.

Titans First Grader

Bradford Bulls have launched a bid to sign Gold Coast Titans winger Chris Walker, according to an Australian Rugby League publication.

The NRL side made the revelation public after the 28-year-old accused the club of showing "a lack of respect" over their latest offer.

"The offer is off the table," Titans chief executive Michael Searle told Australia's Rugby League Week.

"He's had a ?100,000 offer from Bradford and he should take it."

He added: "We are not an ATM with an unlimited supply of cash."

Walker, formerly with Brisbane Broncos, has also been linked with a move to Celtic Crusaders.

"There are no hard feelings against the club at all but if they can't show me respect then we will have to part ways," said Walker.

bbc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~ View Post
    "There are no hard feelings against the club at all but if they can't show me respect then we will have to part ways," said Walker.

bbc.co.uk
    That is such a contradictory statement to me.

Anyway if he goes to Wales, remember to sort out your visa properly...

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    That is such a contradictory statement to me.

Anyway if he goes to Wales, remember to sort out your visa properly...
    The full article is in this weeks RLW & he comes across as a sook
    #itaintweaktospeak

Walker's not so bitter end

TITANS crowd favourite Chris Walker never wanted it to end like this.

After months of speculation surrounding his future, the former Queensland Origin flyer has finally accepted the fact he will be parting ways with the Gold Coast at the end of the season.

But that's not what hurts.

Walker is angered by reports this week that he has had a bitter fallout with the club over their unwillingness to offer him more money.

Yesterday he set the record straight.

"I was never filthy at the club," said Walker, who will almost certainly head overseas next season, most likely to play in the Super League with the Bradford Bulls.

"It would have been nice (to get a better deal) but that is business.

"That is what happens with football teams. Everyone eventually gets the tap on the shoulder or sometimes negotiations break down, that is just the way it is."

It has been claimed Walker took a `parting shot' at the Gold Coast for not bumping up his contract by an extra $40,000 to keep him in a Titans jumper for 2010.

Walker was quoted as saying the club's decision to withdraw their original one-year offer of about $110,000 a season and cut him loose showed a lack of respect.

The comments had the potential to sour Walker's final few games in a Titans jumper.

Fans and club administration understandably took offence, considering the Titans have stood by Walker through personal problems and injury since throwing him an NRL lifeline in 2007.

It fuelled a perception he was ungrateful.

He admits he said it. But feels it was taken out of context.

"There is a lot more to it than that but they just focused on the juicy bits," said Walker.

"The Titans have been great to me and my family and all that sort of stuff.

"There is no parting shot here. I am filthy that it has come out like that. I am as much a Titans fan now as I was when I first signed.

"If I do leave and play overseas I will still be following the boys and the progress of the team."

The Gold Coast's decision to invest heavily in the next generation of young stars was the main reason they were not prepared to increase the offer.

The 29-year-old now just wants to put the drama behind him and concentrate on playing footy.

Sidelined since Round 18 with a quadricep tear, Walker will miss tomorrow's clash against the Cronulla Sharks but will put his hand up for selection to take on the Wests Tigers next Saturday.

Walker faces tough competition to break back into the side, with young wingers David Mead and Kevin Gordon in impressive form.

PNG international Mead has scored six tries in nine matches while Gordon is the side's leading tryscorer this season with 10 from 18 games.

Walker has eight tries in 13 games, scoring four from his past four hit outs, including a freakish match-winner against the Roosters in Round 14.

But with fullback William Zillman facing a four-week suspension, Walker could yet prove a quality replacement in the No.1 jumper, freeing up Preston Campbell to remain at five-eighth and Mat Rogers at left centre.

"I definitely want to be back playing before we hit our first home semi-final," said Walker. "I really want to be a part of it."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au