Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Wendel Sailor just reported on the Footy Show that Titans have withdrawn there offer for Walker, so looks like he will most likely be off the England next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

All the best to him, hopefully we can send him off with the NRL's top honour..a Premiership!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Wendel Sailor just reported on the Footy Show that Titans have withdrawn there offer for Walker, so looks like he will most likely be off the England next year.
    Yea I heard that as well on the Footy Show. It'd be sad to see Chris leave. But the last few weeks might be conspiring against him. The emergence of David Mead and the continued performance of Gordon and we also have Zillman and of course Shannon Walker who is back with Tweed at FB this weekend.

He would get more cash elsewhere and we aren't short a winger. Looks like it is going to happen. Just make sure if you go that you sign with one of my favourite Rugby Super League teams Chris!

Les Cats, Celtic, Hull FC, Salford... I'd add Harlequins if it was an independent club and not associated with a bloody union team, madness.

Also the danger of protracted contract negotitations is that the club would be unwilling to leave the money on the table for too long because of the increasingly likelihood of the offer not being accepted coupled with the decreasing opportunity to chase other talent.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 10-07-09 at 12:12 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea I heard that as well on the Footy Show. It'd be sad to see Chris leave. But the last few weeks might be conspiring against him. The emergence of David Mead and the continued performance of Gordon and we also have Zillman and of course Shannon Walker who is back with Tweed at FB this weekend.

He would get more cash elsewhere and we aren't short a winger. Looks like it is going to happen. Just make sure if you go that you sign with one of my favourite Rugby Super League teams Chris!

Les Cats, Celtic, Hull FC, Salford... I'd add Harlequins if it was an independent club and not associated with a bloody union team, madness.

Also the danger of protracted contract negotitations is that the club would be unwilling to leave the money on the table for too long because of the increasingly likelihood of the offer not being accepted coupled with the decreasing opportunity to chase other talent.
    DIEHARD, Im disappointed that Bradford Bulls are not on your favourite Super League teams ha ha. Fijian winger Semi Tadulala contract ends this season and rumours he heading for union to join ex Bull Lesley Vainikolo at Gloucester so that would leave good money available to sign Chris Walker? Just need ex Bull Brad Meyers to put a good word for club

If he doesn't join Bulls I wouldn't mind him going to Salford. This club round corner from my house and I go to their games when dont clash with Bulls

Well it is weird. I kinda see Bradford as the RSL's Manly, a team you love to hate. But there is still hope I might be swayed, cause my name is Brad. As a youngster I used to like them. I will make sure I watch the next Bradford game on Nine down here.

But obviously my favourite teams are based on expansionism, I think the heartland clubs don't really need my support. I got a soft sport for Wakey though.

If you are lucky enough to sign Chris, he will go well for you, be a good signing.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Chris Walker cuts ties with Gold Coast and keen on move to Brisbane
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html

Gold Coast winger Chris Walker is eyeing a return to the Broncos after officially closing the door on the Titans.

As he prepares to face the Eels on Monday night at Skilled Park, Walker has ended months of speculation over his future by revealing he will sever ties with the Titans at the end of the season.

A swansong in the English Super League is no certainty, with Walker making it clear his preference is to remain in the NRL.

The 29-year-old says he is open to the prospect of playing for North Queensland or the Broncos - the club that launched his career in 1999.

"I'd definitely like to sit down and have a chat with the Broncos," Walker said.

"The Cowboys are another option. I'd love to play alongside guys like Matt Bowen and Johnathan Thurston. I'm a Queensland boy but I've been to Sydney before to play and I'd have no problems going back."

English clubs Celtic Crusaders, Salford and Wakefield have tabled two-year offers worth $200,000 a season.

Drop him now until he pisses off and let our future stars start on the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Drop him now until he pisses off and let our future stars start on the wings.
    Mead is a better option anyway. It'd be interesting to see where Walker would play if he signed with the Broncos. Probably a replacement for Hunt, seeing as they have Folau and Winterstein on the wings.

i have ALWAYS been a C. Walker supporter......and have backed him all the way through all the trouble hes had at this club......

if he signs with the broncos, i will be tempted to BOO him at every game or every time he gets the ball.......

if he signs with any other NRL club or super league club.....i wont care, but to cut ties here and move an hour up the highway to the stupid broncos.......is an insult!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Well the Chris Walker question is half answered. He won't be a Titan in 2010. Probably the part we are all most interested in.

It will be interesting to see what we do with selections. You'd have to rate Mead as a very worthy replacement and now that Mead is certainly part of our long term future, it isn't hard to imagine him getting the jump selection-wise on Chris.

It wouldn't be like we were being spiteful like other examples, promoting a kid to replace him.

I love Chris and I will continue to be a fan of him. I've enjoyed his time at the Titans, scoring our firs try and goal.

If he does go to the Broncos, there wouldn't be too many familiar faces there. Lockyer, Carroll.... that would probably be it.

Cowboys chould sign Walker, they signed Hegarty!

Poor old Walks.. Looks like he could be out for a couple of weeks with a torn hamy. He was going for scans this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Poor old Walks.. Looks like he could be out for a couple of weeks with a torn hamy. He was going for scans this morning.
    if thats the case... we have an easy replacent with mead
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Ah damn, bad luck Chris, I hope he is back for us soon. Gives Mead an opportunity. Also props to David for saying g'day to the Titans fans and Legion after the game.

Thanks for the update Dee!

Yeah i heard the same & if Mead has a big 2 or 3 weeks then i don't see Walker getting back in the side in a hurry as the kid is an excitement machine that only knows 1 speed Flat Out & when u consider Walker's not in the teams plans for the future he may only grab his spot back if there's another injury
    #itaintweaktospeak

Every time Mead ran at the line, he seemed like he was going to bust through it and keep going.