Default Michael Searle and Scott Prince on Footy Show now!

Michael Searle and Scott Prince on Footy Show now!

Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

ahah at the beach story and then he says the thing about benji

I loved Michaels response when asked if the GC could support 3 sporting codes & he said No, they asked if the Titans would be in trouble & He said no , Titans supporters will be strong
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I loved Michaels response when asked if the GC could support 3 sporting codes & he said No, they asked if the Titans would be in trouble & He said no , Titans supporters will be strong
    Lets hope so,we have the head start on the rest,but Palmer has deep pockets,and the AFL will throw plenty at their mob.We are pretty pricey in the ticket prices,thats an area where the other 2 codes will target for sure to make it attractive to new fans and families.But if our club keeps producing the goods,we should be fine,but lets not take anything for granted,im sure Searle wont.

That's true, I still remember the firesale pricing platform for the relocated Kangaroos games and NAB games.

If I remember they used to let juniors in for something like $1 or $2. But this will of course increase because the new product is an AFL team. But it will be the thing they target against us, think of it as the black and gold version of football on the Gold Coast. LOL
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 10-04-09 at 09:52 AM.

REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

NUTS

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I read that union won't be putting a team on the coast, I think they're going for Melbourne instead. The failure of the Breakers killed the idea of a Super 14 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I read that union won't be putting a team on the coast, I think they're going for Melbourne instead. The failure of the Breakers killed the idea of a Super 14 team.
    Queensland Reds already got cannabalised by the Western Force, any new team would just further weaken QLD and NSW. It'd be foolish to expand. But the new Melbourne rectangular stadium will be tempting and the VIC government would obviously want them.

On the Gold Coast front, my main worry isn't who will get the biggest crowds, we will. But winning the battle for the hearts and minds for children. Luckily we have the club, the brand and the players that is so hard not to fall in love with, no matter your age. Meanwhile GCU and GC17 have pretty bland identities.

NUTS

Searle was spot on about sustainability.

Billionares hate losing money, Clive won't keep reaching into his pockets once the novelty wears off. Most millionares get to where they are by being very anal about spending money unless there will be a decent return.

Likewise for any buisiness. Doesn't matter how rich the buisiness is, it does not make sense to keep losing money for no return. The AFL have taken a massive risk for a small return. They will be shaking their heads and feeling sick every time they have to count those red numbers showing up on their books for supporting GC17.

At least Union was smart enough not to even bother.

Titans are well fortified for this war, it's the simplest way to put it.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Searle was spot on about sustainability.

Billionares hate losing money, Clive won't keep reaching into his pockets once the novelty wears off. Most millionares get to where they are by being very anal about spending money unless there will be a decent return.

Likewise for any buisiness. Doesn't matter how rich the buisiness is, it does not make sense to keep losing money for no return. The AFL have taken a massive risk for a small return. They will be shaking their heads and feeling sick every time they have to count those red numbers showing up on their books for supporting GC17.

At least Union was smart enough not to even bother.

Titans are well fortified for this war, it's the simplest way to put it.
    I wish Roman Abramovich would take the hint