Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post LoT in 2023..2024

Hi Titans fans,

First I want to apologise for the outage today. Thanks for your patience. It definitely gave me a bit of a kick in the ass to bring forward, and get stuck into some future plans.

We will be giving the forum a refresh and redesign but we want to take LoT across social media too. But the forum is always the heart.

I want to include everyone with the steering wheel going ahead and I'll present some ideas about refining and defining our branding before kick off. And you can expect some lowkey Zoom hangouts and brainstorms or something similar too to look forward to. On the other hand, I know not everyone can or is willing to get that personal. Rest assured your contributions will have equal value.

I've really enjoyed being a Titans fan and being part of this community and I have a lot of excitement and energy about it. But one thing is for sure, it'll never be about profit and the Titans and Rugby League fanbase will always come first.

The great work I've witnessed with the focus, knowledge sharing and education about our junior systems and juniors has been phenomenal and really has begun to equip our fanbase with knowledge and a healthy focus. I applaud everyone's efforts.

I've also begun to better appreciate that we are all different kinds of fans with different passions and interests. For me, I love club history, social programs, marketing, branding and membership. I also love supporter relations within the club and between other clubs. I'm also a massive international rugby league fan.

We got a big future, we believe in the club. I'm excited by challenges. And it looks like our roster may give us some joy in 2023.

Thanks again. There will be lots of fun ahead. Hope to see many of you in person in July-August when I can get back to Oz.

Brad/DIEHARD
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Not if I see you first … lol

Well written DH. The enjoyment the social interaction continues to bring me, as I’m sure it does many others, becomes so apparent when the platform is unavailable. I agree 2023 brings hope and my hand goes up for whatever input I can add to keep LoT strong.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The LoT forum where would we be without it, and thanks DH for the update exciting times ahead.

Just want to add my support for the LoT Forum. I've become a convert, checking it perhaps too regularly. I think it's healthy. Apart from being a great club with an ever-improving roster and the best Junior program in the NRL (all stuff that makes me feel good and builds hope for the future in an ever-uncertain world), I think the Forum provides a great community service. The Forum is a safe space for people from all backgrounds to come together, learn and discuss their passion respectfully. I love the way we roll on here. Nothing personal, not gossippy or malicious, just wanting the best for our club, our players and the community.

I work with men in the area of mental health, especially combatting social isolation. A Forum like this one provides a way out of social isolation for a lot of guys that for many reasons, don't have the opportunities. It not only assists them but is better for their partners and families as well. That's why I acknowledge the contribution of the Forum (no matter how big or small) to the broader community.

Also, it's bloody entertaining!

Well done LoT! Keep up the good work!

Gee thanks for those moving words, MaroonTitan. I think we are very similar people. Life is hard out there and there are many dark clouds. Footy and friendship can be an oasis and escape from loneliness and isolation.

The more I see the latest trends in social media and the nastiness and immediacy (with the shelf life of a Mayfly) it brings, the more I warm to a traditional, consistent and simple format. One that isn't owned and at the mercy of big tech or temperamental billionaire.

And have you seen those website, news pages and commercial wikis that absolutely bombard you with pop-ups? It makes me want to cry.

We aren't always going to be perfect but we can try our best to put our best foot forward. Sometimes, maybe there will be a blow-up at some stage with opinion or drama or a crisis. But I know we can work through it. I'd rather accept these things as part of the nature of the beast of sport and saddle it, ride it. And enjoy it for all the countless benefits it offers. It's worth fighting for.

One way of thinking that helps, is that there are different kinds of fans and everyone has their own knowledge base and areas of passion. You don't need to feel less than the rest because you don't have a certain type of knowledge. But it's great to see everyone share their knowledge and make things more fun.

I am convinced that people select a team also due to the club's fanbase and its reputation. We can do a lot of good in that regard.

We just need people to think that it is worthwhile to visit LoT and leave with a hit of positivity.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

First Grader

Wasn't sure where to ask this but does anyone have photos of the tavern the titans are promoting at the stadium. I'm struggling to find any but am trying to get some mates keen on it so we can lock in some tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Wasn't sure where to ask this but does anyone have photos of the tavern the titans are promoting at the stadium. I'm struggling to find any but am trying to get some mates keen on it so we can lock in some tickets
    I couldn't find any either. It would be good for everyone to have some photos. Especially like you who are trying to sell the idea to mates.

Try emailing corporate@titans.com.au - I'm sure they will value your feedback.

The Tavern is a premium “at the game” package, not an off-site venue. Details can be found in the membership zone of the Titans website.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The Tavern is a premium “at the game” package, not an off-site venue. Details can be found in the membership zone of the Titans website.
    …and too expensive for most.

$125 per game. In the bay behind the southern goalposts. Flat screen tv and private bar with waiter. They must have remodeled that bay.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    $125 per game. In the bay behind the southern goalposts. Flat screen tv and private bar with waiter. They must have remodeled that bay.
    If you come across any pics please share

Hi Titans fans.

It's 3:20am my time and I just managed to successfully export a recent version of our beloved forum database across to the new forum software.

I still need to polish a lot of the settings before we can move over. But all the posts, users, threads and forums are there.

I'm really happy that we can kick off 2024 how we have wanted to for a while on LoT. Many of our ideas can soon move forward.

Keep posting as usual. I will make everyone aware that between a certain short time period, the database will be backed up and all of THOSE posts will be carried over.

I want to thank you all for your passion and patience. I really am inspired and energised by it.

I'm also currently watching Les Cats v Warrington on SuperLeague+. After that, I'll get some Zs. I have a lot of free time in the next few weeks, so I will endevour to get LoT2 up to speed and keep it as familiar to us too.

Brad/DIEHARD

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hi Titans fans.

It's 3:20am my time and I just managed to successfully export a recent version of our beloved forum database across to the new forum software.

I still need to polish a lot of the settings before we can move over. But all the posts, users, threads and forums are there.

I'm really happy that we can kick off 2024 how we have wanted to for a while on LoT. Many of our ideas can soon move forward.

Keep posting as usual. I will make everyone aware that between a certain short time period, the database will be backed up and all of THOSE posts will be carried over.

I want to thank you all for your passion and patience. I really am inspired and energised by it.

I'm also currently watching Les Cats v Warrington on SuperLeague+. After that, I'll get some Zs. I have a lot of free time in the next few weeks, so I will endevour to get LoT2 up to speed and keep it as familiar to us too.

Brad/DIEHARD
    Thanks Champ

Awesome DH and thanks for your hard work, the system will take a beating this year with all the increased expectation.

Ps. I migrated all of my entire corporate websites, here and in the UK, yesterday using a free unlimited data WordPress plugin called Migrate Guru ... best thing ever lol.

Thanks DH, looking forward to seeing the new forum.