Default Bulldogs stripped of two competition points

Bulldogs to seek reduced penalty after NRL strips the club of two competition points
    By Todd Balym | March 24, 2009

The Bulldogs will seek a reduced penalty after the NRL's decision to strip the club of two competition points for having 14 men on the field when they snatched victory from Penrith on Saturday.

"We will be appealing the severity of the punishment," said Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg.

"Two points seems like an extreme price to pay for what was an error."

Captain Andrew Ryan said he was disappointed that he played a role in the incident.

Ryan was deemed to be the 14th man on the field as Ben Roberts scored the match-winning try in the 78th minute.

The second rower had been substituted seconds earlier by Roberts but with Michael Ennis felled in back-play trainer Tony Ayoub summoned Ryan back on the field.

The confusion stems around the fact fellow forward Greg Eastwood and not Ryan was supposed to leave the field for Roberts.

"I felt as the whole club did, disappointed we lost the two points," said Ryan.

"I got told by the trainer to go off ... I had no idea what was happening on the other side of the field and was told to go back on by the trainer.

"I didn't touch the ball or anything."

AAP

They will be out for blood...and 2 points this Friday!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan CEO

all i wanna say is HAHA doggies.