Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Must be serious, he cant even return to his home, as she lives near the area, and Manly are looking at standing him down.

NRL have allready suspended the new Promotional campain, as he is a major part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Brett Stewart could miss Manly's NRL season opener
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25153979-23214,00.html
    March 08, 2009

Manly officials are considering standing down Brett Stewart from the opening round of the NRL premiership as police continue investigations into an alleged sexual assualt.

Following several months of boardroom upheaval, there could be further self-inflicted pain for the Sea Eagles, but this time on the football field.

NRL chief executive David Gallop has revealed the club had already addressed the prospect of being without their star full-back indefinitely.

"Certainly Manly are considering that over the next few days as more information comes to light," Gallop said.

"My initial discussion with them, we've spoken about that being a distinct possibility.

"There's no hard and fast rule we've had with players being stood down when police charges have been laid before.

Police have not laid any charges against Stewart.

"Everyone will just have to respect that it's an early time in the investigation.

"It's very difficult to have a hard and fast rule. Obviously you need to look at how much of the facts are immediately in dispute, what sort of matter you're dealing with.

"Even with just those two things it can throw up so many variables."

The loss of Stewart would compound the loss of Test winger David Williams for five weeks with a shoulder injury.

Manly godfather Ken Arthurson conceded the club is now facing one of its greatest tests of character.

"The behaviour of the Manly club has been something that we're especially proud of over the last couple of years," Arthurson said.

"If you look at the record there's been no major misdemeanours by Manly players.

"It's not as though there's a problem at the club, so how you react to this isn't something we're really used to.

"I think because this is an isolated incident, I think it will have the effect of binding them together. Without pre-empting anything, but knowing the quality of the guys at the club, they'll certainly pull together.

"They'll come together as one to get through all this."
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

If they do stand him down over the matter good they really have to do sumthing to make it known to all players this year if u **** we not going to turn a blind eye anymore.......

I hope all players really sit up this year and pull there heads in.....

Typical... I put coin down on Stewart to be the top try scorer for the season last week.

Default Shavenjas

Looks like Brett Stuart has tried to score before the season even started!!
    Typical Manly silver tails thinking they can have what ever they want!!

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Looks like Brett Stuart has tried to score before the season even started
    Typical Manly silver tails thinking they can have what ever they want
    HAHA, sounds like a few broncos players and a local watering hole

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas View Post
    Looks like Brett Stuart has tried to score before the season even started!!
    Typical Manly silver tails thinking they can have what ever they want!!
    wow thats only the 400th time ive heard that....

and its Stewart.

Default Manly's Brett Stewart charged over sexual assault of teen

****s about to hit the fan at manly

Manly's Brett Stewart charged over sexual assault of teen
    March 10, 2009 12:00am

MANLY rugby league star Brett Stewart has been charged with the sexual assault of a teenager after a booze-fueled season launch in Sydney last Friday.
    Stewart has been under police investigation after being accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl following the team function last week.

Police say Stewart had been chatting with the 17-year-old about 8pm on Friday outside his apartment block in North Manly before she was allegedly assaulted.

Stewart was arrested a short time later.

James Phelps: Ban the boofheads, not the beer

At the time, he declined a police interview and was released without charge, pending further investigation.

The Manly fullback, dressed in a suit, arrived at Dee Why police station around 6pm on Tuesday, accompanied by coach Des Hasler and his lawyer.

After being questioned by police, the footballer was charged with with sexual assault.

"Shortly after 6pm, a 24-year-old North Manly man attended Dee Why police station and was arrested," police said in a statement.

"The man was spoken to by investigators regarding an alleged incident with a 17-year-old girl at a North Manly property during the evening of Friday, 6 March."

Assistant Commissioner Denis Clifford outside the Dee Why police station after Stewart was charged said:
    "Police have reached the stage where it was appropriate to charge the 24-year-old. They have done that and the matter is now before the court," he said.

He would not say whether the Sea Eagles fullback had provided a statement or been interviewed, but said his lawyer had accompanied him.

Mr Clifford would also not comment on any evidence, including DNA, against Stewart.

"I'm not going to be drawn on a position to discuss any evidence that will be presented," he said.

"There will be a brief of facts presented to the court on the 7th of April."

Mr Clifford said Manly Police were looking into the incident involving fellow Manly player Anthony Watmough.

Watmough has been accused of punching a sponsor after the man told him off for harassing his daughter at the same function.

Earlier Stewart appeared in Manly Local Court where Magistrate Margaret Quinn extended an apprehended violence order (AVO) against him until April 7, the same day he will be required back in court to face the sexual assault charge.

The order bans Stewart from approaching or contacting his alleged victim.

Stewart's lawyer Geoff Bellew said the AVO did not prevent his client from returning home.

Stewart has been granted bail to appear at Manly Local Court on April 7

Source: Daily Telegraph

**** aye......

what about the ad?

i havent been paying too much attention to this....although i thought it was just assault (like he hit her or something) not sexual assault.......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    **** aye......

what about the ad?

i havent been paying too much attention to this....although i thought it was just assault (like he hit her or something) not sexual assault.......
    Yeah, any unwanted physical contact with the opposite sex is sexual assault, something like that anyway. You don't have to touch their gyna or anything, just holding them on the arm would be enough for a charge......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

in the daily telegraph today it said witnessess told police he crash tackled her :dizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yeah, any unwanted physical contact with the opposite sex is sexual assault, something like that anyway. You don't have to touch their gyna or anything, just holding them on the arm would be enough for a charge......

oh get ****ed!

you have got to be kidding me!
    so male on male
    and female on female
    are just assault
    but male on female is sexual assualt????

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    HAHA, sounds like a few broncos players and a local watering hole
    Difference here is that its not just an alegation ... he's been formally charged by the police and he has an AVO out. THats not some media beat up... he's in some serious ****.

I am very surprised that they have still got him playing this weekend.
    BRISBANE BRONCOS PREMIERS '92 '93 '97 '98 '00 '06 '09

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Difference here is that its not just an alegation ... he's been formally charged by the police and he has an AVO out. THats not some media beat up... he's in some serious ****.

I am very surprised that they have still got him playing this weekend.
    I think the NRL will step in and not let him play. If hes charged hes screwed as the NRL will also charge him with bringing the game in disrepute. Goes to court in april so its going to be an interesting couple of months...

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by curly_11 View Post
    I think the NRL will step in and not let him play. If hes charged hes screwed as the NRL will also charge him with bringing the game in disrepute. Goes to court in april so its going to be an interesting couple of months...
    Stewart is not the 1st player with this sort of charge against him & sexual assault is not Rape so i think he has every right to continue playing untill his court date arrives & if he's proven guilty then he should be outed but not before.

One of our own had to go through court to clear his name & have much worst charges dropped but he wasn't outed he was given the respect of "Not Guilty untill proven otherwise" ....
    #itaintweaktospeak