Default Titans announcer Greg "hendo" Hendricks RIP

Davey K just called me to let me know the sad news that Gold coast titans announcer from both our Cararra days and at skilled park Greg "Hendo" Hendricks has passed away last night

Very sad to lose one of our titans family so Thoughts go out to Hendos family & friends,the titans and the fans. Perhaps a minutes silence next week at skilled park to pass on our respects?

RIP Hendo
    Last edited by Paul; 05-03-09 at 10:16 AM.

Sad news as Hendo only retired from radio late last year

Agree with Paul & a minutes silence i'm sure will be had next Sunday at Skilled.

My condolences to the family.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Davey K just called me to let me know the sad news that Gold coast titans announcer from both our Cararra days and at skilled park Greg "Hendo" Hendricks has passed away last night

Very sad to lose one of our titans family so Thoughts go out to Hendos family & friends,the titans and the fans. Perhaps a minutes silence next week at skilled park to pass on our respects?

RIP Hendo
    Holy **** after i got the tatt Hendo and i spoke at every game he allways came to see me at cararra and i saw him at skilled he would have to be the nicest guy i have meant for a very long time he always took the time out for the funs of the game.......

RIP Mate Thoughts are with the familey

Yes it's a sad day Hendo was one in a million, top bloke, and loved his Titans,
    a minutes silence would be very appropriate.

Condolences to his wife Sue and son Blake

RIP Hendo

Greg Henricks loses cancer battle

ONE of Australia's most respected radio newsmen, Greg `Hendo' Henricks, has died on the Gold Coast. He was 54.

The news director at Gold and Sea FM for four years until he retired late last year for health reasons, Henricks was not only passionate about his career and family, but also about local sporting teams the Gold Coast Titans and Blaze.

Hendo was the `ground announcer' for both teams.

``He had an uncanny knack to putting the finishing touches to the on-field action,'' said Titans operations manager, and good friend, Ian Buchanan.

``His precise spontaneity was amazing.''

On the airwaves today, Gold FM announcer Adrian `AJ' Johnston informed listeners of Henricks passing.

``It's a sad day here at Gold FM,'' said Johnson.

``Our news director of four years Greg Henricks lost his five-month battle with esophageal cancer last night. To say that Greg was one of the most professional newsmen to ever turn on a microphone would be an understatement.

``Greg was not just the best newshound in the business - he was also the most outstanding and loving father and husband to son Blake and wife Sue.

``Greg's positivity and zest for life was infectious, which was made obvious by the incredible amount of friends and colleagues who have travelled to the Gold Coast in recent months.''

In a touching email to close friends, Sue and Blake, told how Hendo had `passed away peacefully with family by his side at Pindara Hospital' and had gone to that `great radio station in the sky'.

They also wrote that funeral details had not been finalised, but the dress code would be `bright polos and Hawaiian shirts'.

Hendo was a career radio man. He began as an office boy at Sydney's 2GB the day after he left school.

Across 35 years the job took him to Parkes (2PK), Armidale (2AD), Kempsey (2KM), Gunnedah (2MO) before a lengthy stint in Sydney and then coming to the Gold Coast in 2005.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A moments silence would be an appropriate tribute to Greg. Once you are part of the Titans family, you will always be part of it and he will not be forgotten and always remembered.

He was only 54 as well, a pup in his prime.

Last night myself and Adam were at the NRL Season Launch in Sydney and we were talking to Michael Searle about Greg, but we had no idea about this turn for the worst.

With funeral details come to hand, maybe if it is open to the public, some Titans fans could represent.

RIP Greg, condolences, strength and prayers to your family and friends.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I was logging on today because I am very excited about the up and coming season ahead. Then I read a story like this and am pulled back down to earth. Suddenly the season isn't quite as important anymore.

Its amazing that such a well liked professional and great family mans life can be cut short and people like the cricketing terrorist and murderers allowed to walk amongst us and breathe the same air as us.

There is no justice in the world

RIP HENDO

The Jetstar Coast Titans are today mourning the loss of one of their own after the passing of ground announcer and respected radio newsmen Greg `Hendo' Henricks.

Henricks, 54, passed away peacefully with his wife Sue and son Blake by his side at Pindara Hospital.

?Hendo? will be remembered as the voice of the Titans, having been ground announcer since the club?s first season in 2007.

He lived and breathed rugby league and was a passionate Wests Tigers fan before the birth of the Titans.

Hendo had a distinguished career as a radio man across 35 years, including 20 years working with Sydney radio station 2WS. He was news director at Gold and Sea FM for four years until retiring late last year due to heath reasons.

Hendo?s bubbly personality and booming ?Titans? calls over the PA system at Skilled Park will be sorely missed.

www.titans.com.au

i was shocked to say the least this morning when Paul Gale made the announcment on seafm just before 9am.... so much so that i had to pull over due to total dis-belief.

i am hoping to have a banner for next sundays game to show total respect to (like brad has said) a true a TITANS Family member....

can i also suggest that we wear black arm bands for the days also.... am happy to bring a heap of tape so that all can join in... coz after all we have lost one of our own..

"HENDO"
    R.I.P
    You miss be missed
    but
    NEVER FORGOTTEN
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    i am hoping to have a banner for next sundays game to show total respect to (like brad has said) a true a TITANS Family member....

can i also suggest that we wear black arm bands for the days also.... am happy to bring a heap of tape so that all can join in... coz after all we have lost one of our own..[/CENTER]
    That is a lovely idea Davey. That banner would be lovely and I think his family and friends would be touched by it.

I can bring in lots of black electrical tape we can use for black armbands.

Im unsure if it is an open service or not but Hendos memorial service will be held at The Dream Centre Christian Church, Carrara on Monday at 3pm. The wake will follow at the Courthouse Hotel, Southport.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    That is a lovely idea Davey. That banner would be lovely and I think his family and friends would be touched by it.

I can bring in lots of black electrical tape we can use for black armbands.
    u should let the club now wat we gunna doo.....