Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by totally View Post
    Isiah...just cause you don't know these players doesn't make them lesser players. The facts are the players that did play also have stacks of ability.
    the 20s comp this year is going to be a very tough one...and the Titans got off to the start they need to have to be any chance of being there at the business end.

Scorching heat...well done to all who played.
    sorry, totally, i have seen most of them play, have you?

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Cant u read.................LOL

Junior Titan

yes mate seen most of them.

The current 20s team to this point is currently undefeated.

Walk in the park against Wynum
    Tough draw witha couple of older players against a Qld cup team
    and also a draw againt the Warriors u/20s

Give them time to gel and they will give some of the classier 20s side a run for there money....You are writing them off and speaking negetively of them far far too early.

Before the season even commenced you said they were not a patch on last years team...what are you basing this on?

Your talking a few players up who no doubt have ability but because they are playing well in SG ball . IM sure a few of the so called "lesser players" you are talking about could be talked up on there exploits last year too....Give them a chance.

Give them time to gel and they will give some of the classier 20s side a run for there money....You are writing them off and speaking negetively of them far far too early.

Before the season even commenced you said they were not a patch on last years team...what are you basing this on?

Your talking a few players up who no doubt have ability but because they are playing well in SG ball . IM sure a few of the so called "lesser players" you are talking about could be talked up on there exploits last year too....Give them a chance.

I love this post ur 100% on the money......

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What was it? A 40-12 win?

Yep, those boys definitely struggled!

Loved Rankin's try under the post, complete with a salute to the Legion.
    thanks steve

and where was your assessment of how they would go before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Hahahaha we were laughing about u today wen the score board showned everything u said out the window..... The boys were on fire even better than last year......

and once again hats off to the the players on comming over to the legion and showing that they love the surport they get......

Hatts off and great game booys 2 from 2 next week.....
    let me try to translate-

when the scoreboard showed everything you said out the window?
    that makes no sense
    what did the scoreboard show?
    out what window?
    you laughed at me when the game didn't go as i said i thought it would?
    sounds like sad drugs

talk them up then, what have they done previously?
    teach me the facts, mate

Junior Titan

Isaiah Constructive discussion by you so far as has been your opinion without any facts.

Firstly tell me who are the "lesser players" give me the facts on why they are the lesser players and give me a week and ill get you a background on them.

Your opinion is this team will struggle this year why?

* because they have lost a lot of the gun players from last year
    * this team didnt play together last year

they are both facts...but again that doesnt make your statement that they will struggle this year FACT...that is just your opinion.

great game by the titans although started slow scored some great tries, one player who really impressed me was the frontrower spring he had a huge game and is a real metre eater, ridge lawton were also great, they play a attacking brand of footy and can score from anywhere great game

Junior Titan

Its also quite easy to look at one of your negative points in a positive light too.

This team didnt play together last year in the Tweed Colts side....meaning they should have plenty of improvement to make as a side as they get to know each others game.

In light of this and there results thus far you could draw the opinion they are showing the potential to be even better then last years team.

As I said early days but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    let me try to translate-

when the scoreboard showed everything you said out the window?
    that makes no sense
    what did the scoreboard show?
    out what window?
    you laughed at me when the game didn't go as i said i thought it would?
    sounds like sad drugs

everything u said went out the window with the end score.....

Wen u right a team off b4 the 1st game of the year just be-cos the team has lost sum players is pretty piss poor......

It was a great game with a couple of standout performers , big Shaun Spring runs like a back, Rankin = Superstar in the making , Ben Ridge a great Captains game
    On the oppositions side u have to give credit to young Naigama turning & chasing Flash Gordon & throwing him into touch he's the quickest u20 i've seen so far by a long way
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It was a great game with a couple of standout performers , big Shaun Spring runs like a back, Rankin = Superstar in the making , Ben Ridge a great Captains game
    On the oppositions side u have to give credit to young Naigama turning & chasing Flash Gordon & throwing him into touch he's the quickest u20 i've seen so far by a long way

agreed pete!
    wouldnt mind seeing the number 2 from titans get in the clear, he looked to have some pace, as for the knights winger Naigama pulled of some brilliant tackles, some i thought were going to be certain tries, and never thought for one moment could be stopped but you got to give him credit for some of those tackles, they were truely great.

what happened to the fullback?
    player of the match imo front rower shaun spring! go you good thing.

Junior Titan

Yeah mateiu .

Hitchcox is fast ...particularly over the first 40-50m. he is one of the players who will benifit from the team playing together a while....He was following the ball through a number of times yesterday when fullback, but the players didnt find him...had he got it passed to him he would have been clear and off.

Dowling copped a knock when he saved a try in the first half. Left the field very groggy.

That winger from newcastle was red hot.

Spring, Ridge were good...but great signs for the season ahead from everyone. Will be players in this team improve leaps and bounds as the season progresses.

Junior Titan

I'm looking forward to seeing Dumelow in some space.
    I've seen him run sprint races, he's pretty even over the 1st 40, but then walks away with top speed.

And thats against sprinters - not footy players!
    Last edited by runna; 17-03-09 at 03:42 PM.