Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Junior Titan

I see qld rebel has a good point with a couple of those players but i have seen a heap of these boys over the years play the game and i thought they would of had ryans brother tim on the bench and may be someone els like anthony flawres i think his name is but any way we will wait and see how players go and see if steve murphy will cut and shut the team on a performance based game on sunday as there is still a lot of talent to push into this team

Junior Titan

Default watch 13

watch the way 13 steve gillett tackles,showing my age here,plays like rocket reddy or ray price hits hard old fashion style.

Remember this is on tele everyone.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans

1. Jamie Dowling
    2. Jy Hitchcox
    3. Kevin Gordon
    4. Lachlan Creighton
    5. Philip Dumelow
    6. Jordan Rankin
    7. Cody Walker
    8. Soisaia Vave
    9. Kayne Lawton
    10. Shaun Spring
    11. Ben Ridge (c)
    12. Scott McLennan
    13. Steve Gillett

Interchange:
    14. Chris Bloomfield
    15. Kurt Foggo
    16. Luke Page
    17. Andrew Battese;

Reserves:
    18. Sebastian Davies
    19. Matthew Hundy

Newcastle Knights

1. Peter Mata?utia
    2. Kevin Naiqama
    3. Byron Fruean
    4. Simon Williams
    5. Ryan Lamb
    6. Johnathon Ford
    7. Ryan Stig (C)
    8. Josh Ailaomai
    9. Ben Wyborn
    10. Mitchell Garbutt
    11. Zane Tetevano
    12. Isaac Dargan
    13. Con Mika

Interchange:
    14. Chris Marlborough
    15. Shaun Boss
    16. Trent Hilton
    17. George Morseau

Reserves:
    18. Alex McMillian
    19. Kevin Pease
    20. Ethan Cook
    21. Theeran Pearson
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by curly_11 View Post
    Thats what they said last year but we still made the 8. Same thing has happened to most clubs. Still got some real quality in the side with Ridge, Va Ve etc
    what rot

most of last year's great team played together in the tweed colts premiership side the year before and were well and truly one of the favoured sides for the eight.

same thing has not happened to most sides, most would have 6 or 7 of their regular players backing up for another season except brisbane, with their policy of playing their best u20's in qcup

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Gold Coast Titans

1. Jamie Dowling
    2. Jy Hitchcox
    3. Kevin Gordon
    4. Lachlan Creighton
    5. Philip Dumelow
    6. Jordan Rankin
    7. Cody Walker
    8. Soisaia Vave
    9. Kayne Lawton
    10. Shaun Spring
    11. Ben Ridge (c)
    12. Scott McLennan
    13. Steve Gillett

Interchange:
    14. Chris Bloomfield
    15. Kurt Foggo
    16. Luke Page
    17. Andrew Battese;

Reserves:
    18. Sebastian Davies
    19. Matthew Hundy

Newcastle Knights

1. Peter Mata?utia
    2. Kevin Naiqama
    3. Byron Fruean
    4. Simon Williams
    5. Ryan Lamb
    6. Johnathon Ford
    7. Ryan Stig (C)
    8. Josh Ailaomai
    9. Ben Wyborn
    10. Mitchell Garbutt
    11. Zane Tetevano
    12. Isaac Dargan
    13. Con Mika

Interchange:
    14. Chris Marlborough
    15. Shaun Boss
    16. Trent Hilton
    17. George Morseau

Reserves:
    18. Alex McMillian
    19. Kevin Pease
    20. Ethan Cook
    21. Theeran Pearson
    knights have chosen the biggest 17, size wise, they possibly could.
    look at the size of the 6,7, and 9 when it starts on tv in a few hours.
    good luck to the titans, i am a fan, just a realistic one!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Thats just the support & encouragement the team needs from their supporters

Why not wait & watch the guys play before u right them off as they haven't lost any of the trials yet
    don't get all precious on me, now
    we can handle some constructive discussion, can't we?

Quote Originally Posted by qld rebel View Post
    ok 1, there all sg ball players. not 20s players. hence why there playing sg ball.

2. strama* hasnt trained once all yeah and has been out with an ankle injury before pre season and is a hooker half. so if you beleive with should throw out the likes of jordan rankin ( nrl debut ) or kayne lawton ( first grade all pre season ) then your kidding yourself.

3. dom walsh will see his way into the team im sure, after he overcomes surgery he had on both his ankle and his knee less the 4 weeks ago, and once again has not trained for the last 2 months.

4. ryan jame's competition = kurt foggo, last years 2nd rower, ben ridge first grade full time and captain, and ryan he is eigible for sg ball so why not let him begin there play well and reward him rather then throw him in the deep end.

stick to facts, and another tip try not to come onto a titans forum, and post a thread that only focuses on negativity, if your going to do that make sure your facts make sence.

Boom!

qld rebel.
    sorry you misunderstood me, i wasn't meaning that they would miss the eight, i just believe they have better u20's on their books than some of those selected for this game, which i see they won easily.
    great for our depth that some of these lesser players lifted.
    i guess the big size option of newcatle backfired in the heat.
    i know how hot it must have been, i sat in the sun at tugun yesterday for 4 hrs watching the 16's and 18's.
    i saw the first trial at wynnum v wynnum and i was not carried away with that form seeing as though wynnum also played [and lost] to ipswich in colts that same afternoon. the wynnum squad was either spread two thin across 2 games or they let their best all play v the titans and were nowhere near good enough, which would be expected.
    just a note of a couple of your 'facts'
    srama would fit into a bench role behind the current halves and hooker. last season, when he turned 17, he started as the jets colts 6 and stayed in that jersey all season, holding his own against boys 2 to 3 years older, scoring more than a few trys.
    foggo played 7 nyc games last year, mostly from the bench, how could he be, "last year's second rower"?

i know they are eligible for u18's, and after that season of 9 games and finals is over i believe they should form the basis of a very good 20's side, one that will give the finals a shake, but still not as awesome as last year's team that had a long winning streak during the second half of the season, including thrashing the powerful penrith side on a televised game

fred tila is my other tip to make a mark in this new 20's side. he trialled with them and hopefully picked up a contract, both on his form v wynnum and his season last year, where he played the second half of the season off the bench for the easts tigers q cup side, against men, while most of the new boys for most clubs would have played school and junior footy last year.

i see spring ran for 189 metres, what a game he must have had

Junior Titan

Isiah...just cause you don't know these players doesn't make them lesser players. The facts are the players that did play also have stacks of ability.
    the 20s comp this year is going to be a very tough one...and the Titans got off to the start they need to have to be any chance of being there at the business end.

Scorching heat...well done to all who played.

What was it? A 40-12 win?

Yep, those boys definitely struggled!

Loved Rankin's try under the post, complete with a salute to the Legion.

yeh i think titans prob trying to get rdy to partner prince when rogers goes.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    i see spring ran for 189 metres, what a game he must have had
    Hahahaha we were laughing about u today wen the score board showned everything u said out the window..... The boys were on fire even better than last year......

and once again hats off to the the players on comming over to the legion and showing that they love the surport they get......

Hatts off and great game booys 2 from 2 next week.....

I LOVE watching this football team,even on the odd occassions they get beat they still show the desire/effort to win. I expect them to win every single game now which is a testament to them

Today the way they all celebrated in front of section 30 was brilliant,especially when Rankin went in under the posts. Then after the game the entire team came and had a chat

Love them,our fans should all try and get there early to see these amazing guys

[QUOTE=titanstattman;244621]Hahahaha we were laughing about u today wen the score board showned everything u said out the window..... The boys were on fire even better than last year......
    [QUOTE]

can you say that again, in english?