Default GC Titans and Twitter

Just wondering whether anyone knows whether the Gold Titans are/would consider making a presence on Twitter.com as another way of keeping their fans up to date of what is happening within the club.
    It would also be fantastic to have a few of the Titans stars on it as well, maybe a way of allowing the fans to get closer to their team!
    Just a thought!!!

I've never really used twitter before but I know a lot of my friends do.

The Titans do a great job with their Facebook fan site. I'm sure they'd be interested in looking into other sites as well.

I'm gonna have a look at twitter.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Interesting to note somebody or some organisation has jumped in and grabbed the goldcoasttitans twitter username.
    They have made only one tweet and it takes you to straight to the Gold Coast Bulletin's Titans web page.

Now on Twitter - NRL, North Queensland Cowboys, Rabbitohs, NZ Warriors...hard to tell whether they are all official, but definitely active in tweeting!

Hey hammer. I have passed on your thoughts about Titans and Twitter and I think it would be fantastic. I think we might see something in the near future.

The nature of rugby league news really works well with the nature of Twitter. Lots of short and to the point updates.

The NRL have an official Twitter.

http://twitter.com/nrl_com

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

The NRL have an official Twitter.

http://twitter.com/nrl_com
    Yeah, they do the bastards.
    I closed the forum, didn't open nrl.com, but they ruined the score in the second friday night game for me through twitter. Damnit!

Thanks Diehard for putting this through to the Titans. The beauty of Twitter is it enables information to be shared quickly but it also enables fans to get to know the stars and the club better. From the Titans point of view the communication can be one-directional or allow more direct communication between fans and the organisation. The Rabbitohs twitter is one that I enjoy!
    What I am most concerned about is that another organisation has already taken the 'goldcoasttitans' name already.
    I can think of many different ways that this could be used to benefit the club and the fans.

G'day Hammer!

You'll be pleased to know that the Titans now have an official Twitter!

http://twitter.com/GCTitans

Please add it, and anyone else on Twitter please add and pass it on to your friends.

Let's see how many followers we can get!

Thanks for pushing for this hammer!

Thanks also to you Diehard for the hard work that has happened in the background. I know I will look forward to seeing some tweet updates from GCTitans as this medium gains popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Thanks also to you Diehard for the hard work that has happened in the background. I know I will look forward to seeing some tweet updates from GCTitans as this medium gains popularity.
    What I really like about twitter is how simple and to the point it is. With the net there is so much info and it's hard to follow all the different mediums. Now I can get the short and direct updates on the Titans, really works well for rugby league news.

Just wondering whether anyone knows whether the Gold Titans are/would consider making a presence on Twitter.com as another way of keeping their fans up to date of what is happening within the club.
    It would also be fantastic to have a few of the Titans stars on it as well, maybe a way of allowing the fans to get closer to their team!
    Just a thought!!!
    A little strange quoting myself but I thought it was worth sharing that a couple of our Titan Players are now using Twitter to share their thoughts and their ups and downs. Both players played well today in a scrappy game!

Mat Rogers can be found at twitter.com/mat_rogers6
    Luke O'Dywer can be found at twitter.com/lukeodwyer

A little strange quoting myself but I thought it was worth sharing that a couple of our Titan Players are now using Twitter to share their thoughts and their ups and downs. Both players played well today in a scrappy game!

Mat Rogers can be found at twitter.com/mat_rogers6
    Luke O'Dywer can be found at twitter.com/lukeodwyer
    Oh thanks mate! I will definitely add O'Dywer! What a return to footy.

O'DWYER RULES!