Default Gold Coast Titans Wheelchair Rugby team!

The Gold Coast Titans are further expanding their family of teams, adding a wheelchair rugby team. From June our wheelchair rugby team will contest the national championship.

You can see more about the wheelchair rugby team on Titans TV Under the title Titans Today Show.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Hey everyone, I'm one of the guys on the wheelchair rugby team and I thought I'd join up here and let you know where we're at.

We played the first round of our national competition, the National Wheelchair Rugby League (NWRL) a couple of weekends ago in Adelaide. We played 6 games over the 3 days, finishing the weekend with a 4-2 record. Losses came from the undefeated NSW team and our second match versus South Australia.

The second round of the competition is in Melbourne between 24-26 July at the Caroline Springs Leisure Centre. We will be without UK import player Troye Collins this round, so round 2 presents as a big challenge for the team to establish a good position going into the 3rd and final round in Brisbane in September.

I keep a blog at adamrollingon.blogspot.com. Please keep track of what we are doing there and come September we hope to have as many people out as possible to support us in the finals.

The team is as follows...

Cameron Carr
    Ryan Scott
    Troye Collins
    Matthew Thompson
    Rhys Tappenden
    Matthew Kuhne
    Jamie Kirkegaard
    Adam Galle

We look forward to your support and are proud to be donning the Titans colours.

Cheers,
    Adam
    JetStar Gold Coast Wheelchair Rugby Titans

follow my blog at...
    adamrollingon.blogspot.com

G'day Adam!

Thanks for the info on the wheelchair team. Please keep us updated and post any news or pics you have.

Will there be a round based in QLD in the future? (Edit: Just re-read your post, guess I was too eager to reply lol, Round 3, Brisbane, September. I hope we can come watch.)

I've been really looking for info on the team, so I'm excited you have come here!

Good luck in the next round!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 12-07-09 at 07:25 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Any pics you can, we'd love to see as well.

Thats great by the Titans, good luck to the team!!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Junior Titan

I havent seen any decent pics from Adelaide yet. That is when we first played in the Titans strip.

This is a very brief video of us in a practice match against Victoria in the preseason. If you haven't seen the game this gives you a small glimpse. You can search wheelchair rugby on Youtube though to see some fast play and big hits.

We are in the light singlets, Victoria in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OkeOOXLgC8

Cheers,

Adam

EDIT:: I had a look and found these pics, please excuse the quality, they're very dark.

below : Adam Galle #14 (me) vs NSW

below: Titans from left to right... Cameron Carr, Troye Collins, Adam Galle

below: Titans from left to right... Troye Collins (with ball), Matthew Thompson, Cameron Carr #13

below: Troye Collins #8

Last edited by wheelie14; 13-07-09 at 11:23 PM.

follow my blog at...

Wow those pictures are fantastic. you must be so proud to wear the Titans jersey in battle!

Good on ya mate..looks great! All the best
    GO TITANS!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Junior Titan

Hey all... just a quick update on how the team is going....

Last weekend we were in Melbourne and went 2-4 for the weekend taking us to 6-6 for the season.

Septemeber 4-6 Brisbane host the final round of the competition. We'd love to have as much support as possible. Sunday is finals days and we hope to win our semi taking us through to the GF.

Anyhow, read about it on my blog..... adamrollingon.blogspot.com

Cheers,

Adam

follow my blog at...

Junior Titan

This Fri-Sun Brisbane will be hosting the final round and finals of the National Wheelchair Rugby League (NRWL) at the Brisbane Enetrtainment Centre in Boondall.

The Gold Coast Titans side are currently placed 3rd in the competition and are poised to make a run at the title.

Fri and Saturday will feature the final round games, with finals being played on Sunday.

The Titans schedule is as follows...

FRI 10:30am vs Victoria
    FRI 3:30pm vs NSW
    SAT 10:30am vs SA
    SAT 3:30pm vs WA

SUN 9:00am SEMI FINAL

If we lose the semi final we play 3rd place playoff at 11:15am

If we win the semi final we play in the Grand Final at 1:30pm

We'd love to see some people out there on the weekend to help get us up and over the line.

Games are in the Sports Hall at the Entertainment Centre. Gold coin donation for entry.

The Sports Centre at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Melaleuca Drive Boondall

follow my blog at...