Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Good win, but doesnt mean a thing.

This year is about consistency and injury management, we all know we can score points, anything less then top 8 this season is a failure.

The honeymoon is over imo, this trial is just that, a trial to see who can get into the first grade team nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Good win, but doesnt mean a thing.

This year is about consistency and injury management, we all know we can score points, anything less then top 8 this season is a failure.

The honeymoon is over imo, this trial is just that, a trial to see who can get into the first grade team nothing more.
    True but it is nice to hear a lot of guys are playing well and that we have more quality players than positions to play them in.

No points up for grabs, but I can assure you, the win is important to the players.

Was anyone on this forum able to actually go to this game? The ground looked packed!

I just got home from Sydney but I saw that the crowd figure from the news tonight showed over 9,100 in attendance which is awesome. Great to see the Titans pulling bigger crowds than a Roosters and Rabbitohs home game. HAHA.

A Good solid win but like it has been stated, the Sharks were a little undermaned. Well done to the fans that made the trip North.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie View Post
    Was anyone on this forum able to actually go to this game? The ground looked packed!
    As I said earlier, GCT_07 went. Not sure about her sons!

I know it's only a trial but it's still nice to rack up some points and blow the cobwebs away. The first trial we were undermanned upfront compared to the Broncos and they ran over the top of us and now we have racked up some points by the sounds of it running through an undermanned Sharks pack. Lets hope the next trial our best pack is playing the Tigers (I think that's who we play) best pack just so we can see where we're at.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I know it's only a trial but it's still nice to rack up some points and blow the cobwebs away. The first trial we were undermanned upfront compared to the Broncos and they ran over the top of us and now we have racked up some points by the sounds of it running through an undermanned Sharks pack. Lets hope the next trial our best pack is playing the Tigers (I think that's who we play) best pack just so we can see where we're at.
    Next game is the Warriors without Princey down in Lismore.

I was watching the match report on Titans TV... was Preston playing at hooker?

Definitely some good play going on, very excited for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Next game is the Warriors without Princey down in Lismore.
    Even better at least they have a pack we can test ours against!!!!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I was watching the match report on Titans TV... was Preston playing at hooker?

Definitely some good play going on, very excited for the start of the season.
    nah that was friendy.....i was mistaken at first too

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans win Top End challenge.

An electrical storm at sunset provided the pre game entertainment at Darwin?s Richardson Park as the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans and the Cronulla Sharks delivered the top end an NRL spectacular.

The 9000 plus strong crowd didn't have to wait long for first points with Luke ODwyer? barging his way over the line.

Making the most of the slippery conditions the Titans crossed again through Mark Minichiello, the boot of Scott Prince providing the Gold Coasters with a handy 12 point lead.

A dropped ball during the next set of six combined with some poor defence saw Cronulla reduce the deficit to six at the quarter time break.

Coach John Cartwright sent his starting 13 back out for the second period and after three minutes of play William Zillman looked set to register his first points in Titans colours, however the final pass from centre Josh graham was ruled forward.

Titan?s fans didn't have to wait too much longer for more points with Prince sending Brett Delaney through a yawning gap, the hardworking centre crossing untouched and taking the Titans to an eighteen , six lead.

Replacement forward Ian Donnelly then made an immediate impression, the big front rower barging over just seconds after taking the field.

Hit high early in the match, Jordan Atkins suffered a second high shot and was taken from the field, while at the other end of the field the Titans other winger, Esi Tonga found the try line after another Mat Rogers line break.

Esi?s good work was undone from the kick off with the Titans spilling possession, new Sharks signing Corey Hughes opening his point scoring account as the half time hooter sounded, the Titans in front twenty eight points to ten at the change.

As agreed both teams used the second stanza to experiment with their line up and it worked for the Titans with replacement five eighth Brad Davis weaving his way towards the line before flicking a pass out to Josh Graham who extended the Gold Coasters lead to twenty four points at the three quarter break.

After a period of play punctuated by handling errors, Cronulla?s Luke Simmons pounced on a grubber kick reducing the margin to eighteen points.

With new found sting in their forward pack, the Gold Coasters continually threatened the shark?s line, Brad Davis again bamboozling the Sharks defence before off loading to former storm flyer Sam Tagatese who crashed over between the uprights.

It was the final score of the night and the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans had collected the Top End challenge trophy, forty points to sixteen.
    Coach John Cartwright delighted with the performance of his squad.

Cartwright said ?It?s a trial and you cant get too carried away with the result, but what I was particularly pleased with was the effort of everyone from the starting thirteen right through to those replacements who came on and did their bit.?

?We let in a couple of soft tries and we won?t want to be doing that in a few weeks time, however I felt the entire forward pack really took control of the game at times and allowed our backline combinations to execute the game plan as we wanted to.?

Scott Prince playing his only trial before the Titans season opener against Newcastle on March 15 said the Titans tough pre season campaign had paid dividends in the tough humid conditions.
    ?We have certainly worked extremely hard on speed, strength and power during the off season with Chris Mclellan and I think it showed tonight, the forwards were great and laid a great platform for us to work with. There is definitely plenty to work with and we?ll only improve as a team the more we train and play together.?

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will play the New Zealand Warriors in their final pre-season trial at Lismore next weekend.

To watch a highlights video of the match, click on the link below.

http://www.titans.com.au/index.php?page_id=tv

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Win is a win and we won so good work boys we just getting the sharks ready for the 43 yrs and nothing

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

At least we got some good recruits in the off season and after watching the highlights of the cronulla titans game, i think we have a good chance of making it in to the top 4 if we prevent injuries