Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Australia

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    go live in the South West of Sydney for...... lets say a month. I bet your tone changes once you have actually lived outside of a uni book.
    Spot on Dee , if u have lived their then u do have a better understanding about the place & we have friends who had a 14 yr daughter raped by a "Mediterranean" gang but the case never made it to court & i'm sure there are plenty of case's like this.

I was a "Westy" & the Vermin u speak of is the reason i left there (13 yrs ago) as i'm not 1 to walk away from a Blue with big mouths (usually Leb's & Viet's) but when my daughter came along i realised it was time to get out before there could be any drama's & before anyone accuses me being a racist my wife is 50% Lebanese .
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    These demographics are 10yrs old, but as you can see the Lebo's, Turks and Kiwis have always outnumbered the Aussies jail population rates.

Source:

Ethnicity and crime: an Australian research study
    Satyanshu Mukherjee
    Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology, 1999

A report prepared for the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs
    http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/e...ethnic-ch4.pdf

If you actually looked closely at the data in your source, you'd see that australian born offenders overwhelmingly outnumber those born of any of the other nationalities of birth by at least 30 to 1. That's doesn't mean much, there are just overwhelmingly more australians by birth in this country than other groups, the thing is, you can't deport these people. There are mostly Victorian statistics in there, so they won't necessarily reflect the country as a whole, but they're indicative enough.

In those statistics, British born offenders are almost always in the top 3 by totals. Offense and imprisonment rates are specious when comparing 100,000 Australian offenders to say 3000 Vietnamese or 2000 UK born offenders, but even so, the highest rate of offending seems to be Yugoslavian and Russian immigrants (Cold War Communist states were notorious for encouraging their less 'desirable' citizens to emigrate, that may explain it).

And they summarise

The point that has been emphasised throughout the chapter is that for
    most migrant groups their arrest and imprisonment rates are lower than that of
    their Australian-born counterparts. Over the five year period arrest rate of no
    migrant group show a consistently increasing trend. Data also show that
    migrant groups who display higher arrest and imprisonment rate than the
    Australian-born come from different regions of the world.
    That seems to me to say that crime and ethnicity are not related in a way that can be helped by aggressive assimilation, if they are much related at all. I'm not totally against assimilation, I like this country and I want migrants to like it too, I don't want to make it any harder for people to coexist here by promoting this kind of discord. By all means, prosecute criminals, if they are not citizens deport them when necessary, but don't demean whole cultural and ethnic groups because you've seen anti-social behaviour from some people within those groups. And don't tell me that the culturally 'Australian' are any more above the same behaviour, because they aren't, the stats don't say so even if your gut does.
    Last edited by kwigibo; 22-01-09 at 01:57 PM.

Thread closed. It's run it's course. Appreciate that I left it open for so long.

This sort of discussion, sweeping statements and attacks aren't healthy for the forum or our users. There are plenty of other places on the net that would welcome it.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER