Default Rugby League hits Pakistan

RUGBY LEAGUE TAKES INITIAL STEPS IN PAKISTAN

The first tentative steps have been taken towards establishing Rugby League in Pakistan, following a visit by RLEF Executive and Development Officer Kevin Rudd to Islamabad recently.

He was accompanied on the fact-finding mission by former England international Ikram Butt, the founder of the British Asian Rugby Association.

As part of the trip, the pair visited a school in the city to deliver taster sessions to 30 senior players and around 50 children, and were guests of honour at a presentation ceremony.

?Things are at a very early stage but I am encouraged at the progress made to date by the group trying to start Rugby League? Rudd commented.

?There are obvious cultural links between England and Pakistan and I was made to feel very welcome throughout my stay? he added.

?We are extremely grateful to Kevin for taking the time out to visit Pakistan especially in the face of the current security issues? said Bilal Butt, the President of Islamabad Rugby.

?Rugby League is the ideal way for us to introduce the code into the country? he continued. ?We have significant growing interest among the children and they are quickly picking up the basics.?

Ikram Butt was delighted by the initial reaction to this initiative. ?The response from schools, especially Beacon House and GSIS, has been great and this grass root development will provide the real talent base for Rugby League in Pakistan.?

The visit was supported by the Rugby Football League, and in particular Operations Director Emma Rosewarne.

?The RFL are delighted to be working in partnership to develop rugby league opportunities both in Pakistan and within Pakistani communities living in the UK? she said.

?We welcome this important step forward in extending the Rugby League family, and look forward to increased participation in all aspects of the national and international game?.

BARA?s aims are to provide positive role models, to break down cultural and religious barriers, promote community integration, citizenship development and healthy living by encouraging participation in sport and physical activity, especially through rugby.

?This initial exercise is a significant step towards developing rugby league throughout South Asia? Ikram Butt explained.

?Many thanks are due to Emma and Kevin for their outstanding support, vision and understanding of this project.?

Source: http://www.rlef.eu.com/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans First Grader

I imagine Pakistan will be a hard country to ever field a decent rugby league squad for 2 reasons. One Cricket. Two the size of the blokes. Lets hope they can prove me wrong though, i know the Super League wants to increase its Asian athletes and its good to see something actually being done.
    Last edited by ~lee~; 12-01-09 at 06:38 AM.

WHERE DO U THINK KEVIN SICKOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~ View Post
    I imagine Pakistan will be a hard country to ever field a decent rugby league squad for 2 reasons. One Cricket. Two the size of the blokes. Lets hope they can prove me wrong though, i know the Super League wants to increase its Asian athletes and its could to see something actually being done.
    WAT THE HELL LOL THEY WONT LAST THEY WILL BE GOING INTO THE DRESSING ROOMS AT HALF TIME SAYING *edit*!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 12-01-09 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Racism won't be tolerated on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sportzstar_01 View Post
    WAT THE HELL LOL THEY WONT LAST THEY WILL BE GOING INTO THE DRESSING ROOMS AT HALF TIME SAYING *edit*!!!!!!!
    On your second cone tonight?
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 12-01-09 at 05:01 AM.