Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T V

Default T V

I always wanted a TV thread on the Titans forum, to discuss all the best and worst TV shows and follow the schedule through, comment on TV shows and movies as well as recommend great TV shows to other members.

But remember to give spoiler warnings if you are gonna give away plots.

At the moment I've really enjoying The X Files on SCI FI, although I wish they'd STOP skipping around different seasons out of order, something they do with many TV shows.

Also started watching Terminator Sarah Connor Cronicles on FOX8 last night.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ultimate Fighter 8 - Fuel TV Sunday from 8pm

This show sorts out the men from the boys. It's cage fighting for those who don't know, this particular series invites 32 unknown fighters to compete for 2 contracts (lightweight & heavyweight) in the UFC. They all stay in the same house, each day they train with a real UFC fighter and each week some are chosen to fight each other until 4 finalists are left. The 4 finalist then get to fight at a main event for a 6-figure contract in the UFC if they win!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titan CEO

TUF is an awesome show..been watching it from season 1.

Some of my favorite tv shows past and present:

Dead like me
    dexter (my fave show of all time)
    that 70's show
    scrubs
    the mighty boosh (2nd fave)
    contender
    the ultimate fighter
    house (not so much the newer ones)
    pulp sport
    the dudesons

Some shows I love are...

Kenny vs Spenny - Two Canadian friends compete against each other in challenges such as who can be homeless the longest, who can committ the most crime, who can wear an octopus on their head the longest etc.

Entourage - One of my all time favourite shows, about a star and his Entourae and Hollywood. Not only a great show but as a hollywood wannabe, I love the show.

Babylon 5 - The best sci fi show ever and one of my all time favourite shows.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Scrubs is an old favourite. Just started getting all the seasons on DVD.
    I enjoy The Office, the American, haven't seen the English version.
    Black Books is great, Red Dward is another old favourite. Also The IT Crowd.

Of the current crop, I like How I Met Your Mother. Gotta love Barney!
    Been enjoying The Big Bang Theory too.
    Two and a Half men isn't too bad either.
    I don't mind a bit of Bones either.

Titan CEO

the office and red dwarf are top shows. alot of people dont like the american version of the office but i actually prefer it to the pommy one.

LOL Red Dwarf, yea love that show.

It was on this morning, early seasons too, the best.

What is channel 10 doing at the moment. Did they really think Bold and the Beautiful (I mean "Old and the Plastic"). Was going over to win the 6pm timeslot. Surely there were better options than this D Gade American crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    What is channel 10 doing at the moment. Did they really think Bold and the Beautiful (I mean "Old and the Plastic"). Was going over to win the 6pm timeslot. Surely there were better options than this D Gade American crap.
    Unfortuanetly the Crap and the plastic is here to stay, How people enjoy this show is ridiculous just like spiderman 3. I wish thyed put the simpsons back on anywho since t.v is painful to watch at this point in time i have started buying more movies and boxsets,atm i am watching Beavis and Butthead.

Titans First Grader

A few good show i like are:

My New Best Friend: it was on a few years back, for a chance to win some money a member of the public had to pretend that this guy was their 'new best friend'. He has obnoxious, lazy, rude, embarrassing, but all on purpose of course. He would always try and turn this persons friends against them and put them in the most awkward of position. If the person couldnt last the weekend then they lost the money. On a few occasions the person friends actually stopped talking to them because of what had happened during the weekend. It was brilliant stuff.

Only Fools and Horses: Classic english comedy about two (well mostly one) wheeler-dealer. If you havnt seen this go watch some ukgold or whatever you have there.

Titans First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Scrubs is an old favourite. Just started getting all the seasons on DVD.
    I enjoy The Office, the American, haven't seen the English version.
    If you like scrubs you should try and check out Green Wing, its an english comedy set in a hospital, i imagine like scrubs but ive never actually seen scrubs. One of the greatest English shows of all time. I thinks there's clips on youtube but you maybe need to get the dvd's to get into the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    the office and red dwarf are top shows. alot of people dont like the american version of the office but i actually prefer it to the pommy one.

As for The Office, the only similarity between the English one and the Yank one if that they are both set in an office. The English one is more lifelike and shows all the annoyances and embarrasing situations that can and do actually happen whereas the Yank one is done more for laughs and has greater scope due to the vision to do storylines outside the office. I like both because they are so different.

Titans First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Ultimate Fighter 8 - Fuel TV Sunday from 8pm

This show sorts out the men from the boys. It's cage fighting for those who don't know, this particular series invites 32 unknown fighters to compete for 2 contracts (lightweight & heavyweight) in the UFC. They all stay in the same house, each day they train with a real UFC fighter and each week some are chosen to fight each other until 4 finalists are left. The 4 finalist then get to fight at a main event for a 6-figure contract in the UFC if they win!

I too and an avid viewer of The Ultimate Fighter, some of the pranks played this season went to a whole new level. I thought the piss in the salad was bad enough but geez what happened next. The fighters this year didnt look too great im not expecting much of them in the UFC. How great was that Juni (spelling?) bloke? Absolute legend.

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~ View Post
    I too and an avid viewer of The Ultimate Fighter, some of the pranks played this season went to a whole new level. I thought the piss in the salad was bad enough but geez what happened next. The fighters this year didnt look too great im not expecting much of them in the UFC. How great was that Juni (spelling?) bloke? Absolute legend.
    Just finishing watching tonight, in this episode Kaplan and Lawlor voluntarily take shots of each others piss. And later Kaplan asks Lawlor to punch him in the head bragging he can't be knocked out, Lawlor does so and knocks him out.......

But I prefer the fighting part of the program, not the big brother style crap....

Junie? Are you serious? That fool is his own worst enemy, he doesn't have it mentaly he's a loose cannon. Physically, he can fight - but still over rated IMO.

Phillipe Nover will take out the Lightweight for sure, one of the few natural fighters in the house.
    And Ryan Bader should take out Light-Heavyweight. Vinnie's Judo is unbeatable but he is too useless on his feet, you can't rely on ground work alone to win..... Unless your Royce Gracie ofcourse!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titans First Grader

The season finished ages ago howcome you're so behind?

haha kaplan still denied he was knocked out, i think the footage spoke for itself.

Junie is what people will remember the season for, of course noone likes him but a name goes along way sometimes and everyone sure knows his.

Not sure why we're behind, I know the semi's are done, but the finals haven't been fought yet though have they?

True, Junie will be remembered, but for the wrong reasons. He won't be remembered for winning fights, which ain't good for someome who wants to go pro. He needs a phycistrist.