Thread: Hey

Talking Hey

Hey everyone, my names Jacob. I love League and more importantly The Titans but due to living in Tasmania we don't get to see much of them So I'm not the most experienced fan. Saw the Titans play against the raiders on the 5th of April last year. Was freaking awesome!!! Anyway, just wanted to point out my presence. =D

Welcome to the Titans forum! As far as I know you are our very first Tasmanian Titans fan on this forum!

Did you watch the Titans on Foxtel or Channel 9? Or did you come to the game?

I've never been to Tassie but I love the place. Would love to go oneday. I'm writing a science fiction movie which is actually set in Tassie. I'll definitely have to visit for a holiday one day.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Oh, I was at the game in Robina I mean. I've watched more than one game on TV. Haha, but I don't have Foxtel and win (channel 9) doesn't put the games on until midnight

Tassies a pretty cool place, it doesn't have much to do though. It's more of a retirement place. Haha. Not saying you gotta be old to appreciate it though. I reckon I'm the only Tasmanian due to the fact League is almost forgotten here. They are trying to get a team in the AFL but I think Tassie should become a Rugby League state!! I would still love the Titans though!!

Would love to see your movie when it's done mate, would be wicked set here!!!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Welcome to the forum mate been to tassie a fare few times i like the place best town water in aus....

Thanks mate.

It's set in the future, post apocalyptic and in usual style Australian isn't that badly destroyed.

Like in many movies Australia seems to survive. And my mind goes back to WW2 and the plan to withdraw below the Brisbane line and fight the Japanese over the Australian continent. I thought what better place to fight invading aliens then the continent of Australia, based on an island fortress of Tasmania.

My film is called Wings of Avalon and Avalon is also the mystical island where King Arthur went to rest and it translates to island of apples. So it was a good idea, it all seems like a perfect fit.

Anyway back to rugby league. I'm sure one day rugby league will come to Tasmania full force. But at least you have the Titans. It's so cool that you actually came to a game at Skilled Park, especially that one when we thumped the Raiders.

Were you on holiday on the Gold Coast?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Welcome to the forum Cobus. Its great to see that the Titans are expanding its fan base right across the country and overseas.

Whilst our 2 campains haven't been the most successful, we are a team with a promising future. Great results are not far away.

It wouldn't be that far to go to see the boys play in Melbourne in Round 4 on Saturday,4th April.

Welcome again and enjoy the forum.

Dee/Blade

Yeah, I was on Holiday at the time. We heard that the Titans were playing at Robina and went and got tickets and hung out around Robina until the games started. I loved it!!

Thanks for the welcome titanstattman! We do have some pretty good water. Haha. Plus we aren't on restrictions which is a plus

Thanks Dee! I might actually try to see them a bit this year, I will definitely have to go to that game in Melbourne!!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Thanks mate.

It's set in the future, post apocalyptic and in usual style Australian isn't that badly destroyed.

Like in many movies Australia seems to survive. And my mind goes back to WW2 and the plan to withdraw below the Brisbane line and fight the Japanese over the Australian continent. I thought what better place to fight invading aliens then the continent of Australia, based on an island fortress of Tasmania.

My film is called Wings of Avalon and Avalon is also the mystical island where King Arthur went to rest and it translates to island of apples. So it was a good idea, it all seems like a perfect fit.

Diehard your movie sounds kick **** awesome!! I'm a bit of a fan of the post-apocolyptic genre so naturally your idea sounds pretty cool. I heard they're planning on making anouther mad max movie one day which I'll be first in line for as well. How cool would it be to get a few of the titans players to fill in as extra's, they would definetly look the part.
    BRISBANE BRONCOS PREMIERS '92 '93 '97 '98 '00 '06 '09

Wow, Thats pretty cool having supporters in tassie

Welcome mate

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Wow, Thats pretty cool having supporters in tassie

Welcome mate
    Thanks man. My sister used to live in Runaway Bay. Just thought I would throw that out there. Also when I was on the Gold Coast I almost literally ran into Matt Rogers, I was walking up the street, on the day of the match, this nice as audi pulled up outside sushi train (i think it was called that.) and out he stepped. I kept looking at him like I knew him, me being the dumbass I am realised a few moments later and so did the guy I was with. Thought it was pretty cool being on the same day I was going to see them play.