Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The Backs will line up like this tomorrow night.

1 Zillman
    2 Gordon
    3 Tonga
    4 Delaney
    5 Walker

Its gonna be interesting to see how that line up goes
    so is this for real, or wat he hopes?
    i rkn they shouldnt play prince, we need him on the park so dnt want him to get worst

I believe a player should always take one extra week off when dealing with hamstrings...another tear could see him out 4-6 weeks.
    I rather Prince make his own decision before pushing his hamstring in a fitness test. Don't risk the next 10 points for these two.

I'd also like to see the Titans play without Prince...it would be hard to win but more of an opportunity to see other players in the back line.

OK sports fans, I've got 1 spare family pass (1 Adult, 1 Child) for tomorrow nights game, under the scoreboard NE corner.

SMS me 0401 018 646. Best offer gets them! Beers, Wives, ex-girlfirends or sisters considered! Hahaha, or anyone who is 100% TITANS!

No Doggies ring-ins You won't enjoy my crowd!

Extra-man fiasco has Titans wary of a Bulldogs bounce back

No-one at the Bulldogs will admit it but Titans boss Michael Searle fears the extra man fiasco will "fire up" their opposition in Friday night's NRL clash on the Gold Coast.

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore admitted his team could not ignore the ongoing 14-man controversy but tried to play down its influence when his side touched down on the tourist strip on Thursday.

The Bulldogs are seeking a reduced penalty after the NRL's decision to strip the club of two competition points for having 14 men on the field when they snatched victory from Penrith last Saturday.

But Searle was convinced the Bulldogs would run out at Skilled Park determined to vent their frustration.

?I think they will come up here pretty fired up to be honest,'' Searle said.

?The Dogs have always been a club that has internally been very strong.

?They are strong willed and minded, so losing the two points will fire them up.

?I expect that they will be fiery.

?Kevvie Moore is a rookie coach but he certainly knows how to get his boys up so it will be an interesting game for us.''

When asked about the 14-man controversy, Moore said: ?Obviously it's there. I wouldn't say it's been a distraction. It's been a bit of a disappointment.

?But as a club we accept what happened last week and we're going to go through the process of the league to try to ensure we don't have those two points taken off us.

?But from a coaching point of view and a playing point of view it's out of our control.
    ``The job for us is to worry about the game and we're fully focussed on that.''

Bulldogs half-back Brett Kimmorley added: ?We had a pretty big session on Tuesday with a lot of media and that was a bit of a downer because you generally feel like you're guilty when they're all around.

?But we crossed it off pretty quick.

?There's nothing we can do about it and it's up to the club now to try to keep our points for us.''

Meanwhile, Moore said he expected Titans co-captain Scott Prince (hamstring) to play.

Prince will be given until the last minute to prove his fitness but regular full-back Preston Campbell is primed to take over the No.7 jersey.

?We expect him to. They're a very good side at home - especially with Scott on the field,'' Moore said.

?He's one of the best number sevens in the game - he's up there with the top two or three.

''(But) Preston's a great player as well.

?Scott probably is more an organisational-type half-back where Preston plays very much off the cuff, but that presents some dangers to us as well.''

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    so is this for real, or wat he hopes?
    i rkn they shouldnt play prince, we need him on the park so dnt want him to get worst
    As of Thursday morn this was the team as Josh Graham is suffering from double vision. He could still play but if he doesnt the backs will look like that. Prince is still unsure

Default Gordon to add flash of speed

Gordon to add flash of speed

Luke Turgeon

March 27th, 2009

EXPLOSIVE teenage flyer Kevin `Flash' Gordon is poised to make his NRL debut against the Bulldogs tonight after yesterday being placed on standby for injured centre Josh Graham.

One of the most exciting young talents in the Titans' junior stable, 19-year-old Gordon has speed to burn and will add much needed attacking firepower to the Gold Coast backline for the Skilled Park showdown.

"He has got something that you can't teach, and that is speed," said Titans managing director Michael Searle.

"He has had a great off-season and was the leading try scorer in the NYC last year.

"He has got all the attributes you would like to see in a young footballer.

"It also sends a really good message about our club's desire to promote from within and promote our juniors."

Titans centre Graham has been given until today to recover from a concussion he suffered last week against the Dragons.

Graham, who has been suffering from blurred vision, missed yesterday's training at Skilled Park and is believed to be an outside chance at best of playing.

"He got a knock in the head last week and he has got blurred vision," said Cartwright.

"It was not wise to run him today.

"We will give him until kick-off to see if he can pull through or not."

If Graham is ruled out, Esi Tonga will move to the centres, with 19-year-old Gordon getting a start on the wing.

The injection of Gordon into the Gold Coast backline will see the Titans field arguably the most potent attack in their short history.

The Gold Coast lacked genuine try-scoring ability out wide last season, with back rower Anthony Laffranchi finishing the year as top try scorer.

But with noted points scorer Chris Walker making his comeback on the opposite flank, and the likes of William Zillman and Preston Campbell calling the shots, the impact of the new-look line-up could be spectacular.

The final piece of the puzzle will be decided today, with skipper Scott Prince to be given until kick-off to recover from a hamstring strain.

If Gordon is named as a shock inclusion tonight, he will be the first player promoted from the under-20s this season and the sixth to make the jump since the new youth competition kicked off last year.

www.goldcosat.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Looks like Teke has a bit of inside knowledge.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The Backs will line up like this tomorrow night.

1 Zillman
    2 Gordon
    3 Tonga
    4 Delaney
    5 Walker

Its gonna be interesting to see how that line up goes
    I'm excited at the look of this.

Teke was spot on with the information, an insider

Im going to appologise to Teke for thinking that he was dreaming! Great inside information. When i read that article i nearly wet my pants especially one line in particular "The injection of Gordon into the Gold Coast backline will see the Titans field arguably the most potent attack in their short history."

The speed out wide now is mouth watering and fingers crossed they smash the dogs and therefore get rid of Graham at centre. Im not anti graham but i dont think hes a centre. Utility / Forward hes a pretty good player!

OMG so excited now! See you guys at the Game. Once again nice work Teke

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

I'm headed to the game now, see you all there!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Mead was injured in the Seagulls game vs Northern Pride and could be back next week. Im pretty sure he was ahead of Walker and Gordon in wing replacements. Hopefully you guys smash the doggies tonight.

cant wait to see tonga in the centers again, i cant see graham getting his spot back haha. and with the the speed of gordon outside of him, i can see alot of attacking potential from this backline, just not so sure about the deffense :S

How'd everyone do. Preston did ok, right? Carty has to know he's the go to deputy after this and the roosters last season.

man y dosnt rogers play like that with prince in the side?
    great move putting tonga n gordan 2gether, looked so much attacking n tonga was great in defense. good win, mini was a stand out for me.