Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

As most people will remember Ennis gave it to us & Suncorp last year so it will be nice if we can return the favour after we give them a touch-up
    First we need someone really quick and sneaky like Presto to run up and take out Ennis' mouthguard, then we need a little terrior like Friend to chop down his legs then as he falls; someones 100squ\inch knee(Laffranchi, Cannings) to land on top of his face.

Just a thought............
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    First we need someone really quick and sneaky like Presto to run up and take out Ennis' mouthguard, then we need a little terrior like Friend to chop down his legs then as he falls; someones 100squ\inch knee(Laffranchi, Cannings) to land on top of his face.

Just a thought............
    Petro had a chance last weekend but he's a Gentleman , lucky we don't have any of those up here
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    i would contact Sealre immediatley!!!!
    as would alot of people on here!

and let the club know hes not welcome!!!!!
    (on the plus side, i could use my anti-Ennis banner at every home game!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The only way I'd like to see Ennis is unconscious and bleeding on the ground.

If he wants to play possum all the time, someone is gonna give him a real excuse to stay down one day. I wish Petero had last weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    HELL NO. Gee we have some standards.

Glad to see Chris Walker back! And Henderson named. It's a very strong line up.

Love your idea for a banner Adam, you'll get some mileage out of it this year!
    His techniques may be ethically questionable, but there is no denying hes a competitor, he will do anything and everything to win. Which is one thing the Titans really lack at the moment... In any case, good luck to them but the Bulldogs look mighty strong so far this season.

i would put a youngstar up vs morris, but yeh, put delaney on idris.
    1. zillman
    2.walker
    3. rogers
    4.delaney
    5.tonga/mead
    6.campbell
    7.prince
    8.bull
    9.friend
    10.hendo
    11.boof
    12.mini(prob bench him or harrison for conn 2 send a msg)
    13.harrison
    14.conn
    15.tag
    16.white
    17.meyers
    would be my team tbh

Wont be able to make this game i really hate ennis hopefully he gets smashed in a legit tackle

This was a hard one to tip.

I tipped the Titan's hoping they pull their **** into gear and play some footy this weekend.

Because they have a great team.

My team would be.

1. Presto.
    2. Walker
    3. Zillman
    4. Delany
    5. Tonga
    6. Rogers
    7. Prince ( If fit )
    8. Baily
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Anthony
    12. Conn
    12. Harrison

13. Mini
    14. Taga
    15. Meyers
    17. White

Quote Originally Posted by tallis12 View Post
    This was a hard one to tip.

I tipped the Titan's hoping they pull their **** into gear and play some footy this weekend.

Because they have a great team.

My team would be.

1. Presto.
    2. Walker
    3. Zillman
    4. Delany
    5. Tonga
    6. Rogers
    7. Prince ( If fit )
    8. Baily
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Anthony
    12. Conn
    12. Harrison

13. Mini
    14. Taga
    15. Meyers
    17. White
    Carty will never go with 4 forwards on the bench
    #itaintweaktospeak

skipped 16 there, but we get it....
    and i would class taga as a centre not a forward titan pete....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Personally I'd be keeping O'Dwyer.
    Forget last season, he's been on fire off the bench in the opening rounds.

Once Zillman is starting he'll be ideal, while playing in the backs isn't his best position, it's something he can cover if need be as well as a make shift dummy half.

Walker went within a whisker of being sacked

STATE OF PLAY by Luke Turgeon

IF Titans coach John Cartwright had his way, Chris Walker wouldn't be playing against the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Walker wouldn't be playing for the Gold Coast full stop.

It was shortly after Walker got into strife with his fifth NRL club over an alcohol related incident two years ago.

He was hauled before a club disciplinary committee made up of Cartwright, Titans managing director Michael Searle and chairman Paul Broughton.

"More than most I know what he has been through," said Cartwright.

Have your say on the feedback form below

"I was with him at the Roosters and he definitely had his issues.

"The track he was going on, he was never going to play long-term first grade.

"I went out of my way to secure him a start here and I more or less took responsibility for anything that did happen.

"I felt personally responsible for what happened."

There was talk that Walker was a time bomb, a rugby league bad boy who would sooner or later explode.

Cartwright knew this. He knew what people were saying.

But, perhaps against his better judgment, he made the decision to throw Walker a lifeline.

He offered him a fresh start in 2007 after troubled stints at Brisbane, Souths, the Roosters and Melbourne.

When Walker messed up, Cartwright felt let down -- made to look a fool.

The public will never know exactly what happened at that meeting. But it was clear Cartwright wanted him sacked.

"To Michael Searle and Paul Broughton's credit, they were the ones who eventually talked me around," said Cartwright.

The smile on Cartwright's face yesterday as he slapped Walker on the back and told him to get his boots ready proves he was glad they did.

Cartwright watched on as Walker got himself right. The 29-year-old has started a young family and fought his way back from not one, but two career threatening injuries.

Cartwright realises how hard Walker has worked over the past two years, how much he deserves his start this weekend.

When Walker runs out for his first NRL game in more than 18 months on Friday, it will cap one of the more remarkable and colourful rugby league comeback stories.

For all his perceived faults, Walker is one of the most likeable players in the NRL.

Always smiling, genuinely friendly, a lovable rogue who captures the hearts of fans with his incredible on-field ability.

Walker has always been a player fans turn up to see. A game breaker and match winner who coaches want in their team.

Cartwright nearly didn't. But you can bet that when he sees Walker pull on the Titans No.5 before Friday's game, Cartwright will be glad he is.

This time he won't mind having been proved wrong.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Prince now a rated 50-50 chance after scans show little damage

RESILIENT Titans skipper Scott Prince is rated a 50-50 chance of lining up against the Bulldogs on Friday after scans yesterday cleared him of major hamstring damage.

Despite fears he could be sidelined for a month, Gold Coast football manager Scott Clark yesterday confirmed the club's star halfback may bounce back for the Skilled Park blockbuster.

"The scans didn't show much damage at all, there is just a slight twinge," said Clark.

"But he has got to feel right to play because he doesn't want to risk further damage. The good thing we know is that he doesn't feel too bad.

"If he does play, he will be playing with the 100 per cent confidence that he is not going to do any further damage to the hamstring."

Prince failed to train with the rest of his teammates yesterday but in a positive sign, he had a light session in the gym on an exercise bike.

The Queensland and Australian playmaker was last night hopeful he would be right to play.

"Depending on a few exercises I have to do pain free, we will make a call on Thursday," said Prince.

"With the game, the travel and then going out to do some skills, it just tightened up.

"But fingers crossed, hopefully it will all go well."

In Prince's absence yesterday, Preston Campbell trained strongly at halfback.

Campbell will wear the No.7 against the Bulldogs if Prince is ruled out, with William Zillman moving to fullback and Shannon Walker being called on to the interchange bench.

"I have been a bit reluctant to move Preston because he has been doing such a good job at fullback," said coach John Cartwright.

"But we have got young Zillman, who is ready to play 80 minutes.

"It is an opportunity for Presto, I think he is looking forward to it.

"You don't look at replacing players like Prince because you can't replace them.

"It is a responsibility of everyone to go out there and assist the side."

Prop Michael Henderson has been named for his return from pre-season leg surgery to start in the front row, replacing Matt White.

Titan-turned-Bulldog Michael Hodgson was not named to take on his former teammates, despite recovering from a hamstring strain.

Dragons under-20s player Ken Edwards will face the judiciary for an alleged biting incident against the Titans on Saturday.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thanks.

I came on here looking for one thing - news on the Prince. I will keep my prayers going strong till Friday.

tbh it might be good for prince to be out?
    get other players to step up, like the 2nd rowers and get their season going. also might force carty to move zillman, campbell and rogers around when he comes back if they put on a good showing

I'd hate to see him risk it and do more serious damage. It'd be good for the Titans to have an early run without him early in the season assuming he'll be in the Origin squad this year.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    I'd hate to see him risk it and do more serious damage. It'd be good for the Titans to have an early run without him early in the season assuming he'll be in the Origin squad this year.
    Yeah im abit with u if he missis this game i wont be to upset about it...If it takes a week to rest to make him good than do it.....