Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I dont think it is a matter of his ability, just the contract is to long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Default You guys ...

Do you all understand how hard it is to back up from last Sundays heat draining game. It is a wonder the players were all not hospitalised with dehydration. Anybody else would have been ..
    You can't tell me the refs were not part to blame in our loss. Mini's try was not forward and he did have the right to blowup/question the call.
    Our number six needs to realise there are 16 other players on the field and not just him. Carty needs to bring that to his attention.
    Friendy had another hard working game, but so did Harro, Bailey and Red (when he was on). If you are sitting in your lounge chair listening to the bias commentators raving on and making excuses for players, who, I might add are not playing to their ability, all the while other players are really putting in, and not getting a mention, of course you are going to think these players haven't done much. Go to NRL stats and see the real picture.
    Of course I would have loved a win but there are genuine excuses and we must be open minded to this. Not blow up because they lost.
    Next week is a whole new ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007 View Post
    Do you all understand how hard it is to back up from last Sundays heat draining game. It is a wonder the players were all not hospitalised with dehydration. Anybody else would have been ..
    You can't tell me the refs were not part to blame in our loss. Mini's try was not forward and he did have the right to blowup/question the call.
    Our number six needs to realise there are 16 other players on the field and not just him. Carty needs to bring that to his attention.
    Friendy had another hard working game, but so did Harro, Bailey and Red (when he was on). If you are sitting in your lounge chair listening to the bias commentators raving on and making excuses for players, who, I might add are not playing to their ability, all the while other players are really putting in, and not getting a mention, of course you are going to think these players haven't done much. Go to NRL stats and see the real picture.
    Of course I would have loved a win but there are genuine excuses and we must be open minded to this. Not blow up because they lost.
    Next week is a whole new ball game.
    Genuine excuses my ****!
    You can't go blaming the ref when you play that badly.
    Mini's try was a borderline flat ball, but there were plenty of other forward passes and not all of them were picked up on.
    NRL stats will tell you the Titans missed 30 tackles to the Dragons 8 - can't blame the ref for that one.

If they miss the eight by 2 points this year, it'll be because they couldn't pass the ball or tackle properly in Round 2. Making excuses is pathetic, especially after all the tough talk in the last week about 'shaking the monkey'.............
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

16 - 10.......

theres only one try in that......

st george had a great line-up and the won the game......

why is it, that whenever we lose, everyone wants to blame someone.....
    sure enough there were a few foward passes (flat at best)
    sure enough princey played the worst game ive seen from him in years
    sure enough rogers didnt pass the ball as often as you guys wanted him (hes a ball running 5/8, thats what princeys is there for)

......but there were plenty of mistakes across the board, and as ryan has stated, 30 missed tackles!

how the hell can you only lose by ONE converted try after missing 30 tackles!!!!

i say after the exausting game they had to play last week WELL DONE BOYS!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Well in between cooking and getting out of the rain....

I think the boys could of picked up they game abit as the boys above said 30 missed tackles who dose that and still works away......

Over all it was a great game to only loose by 1 try instaeed of 4-6 trys

I think the team will go back over they game in depth with carty.

They still got alot to be pround of.........

As much as I'd like to blame the ref, and it's easy to do if they cost you a try and you lose by a try or less, when it comes down to it, if you're playing well enough you'll be that far ahead it just won't matter.

A downside of the two ref rule is the already thin ref stocks are even thinner. There's refs calling first grade games who shouldn't be there.

A loss is always disappointing, but I think at this stage of the season cobwebs are still being shaken out.
    I'll definitely be looking to see some improvement over the coming weeks, and I think a team reshuffle too.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    16 - 10.......

why is it, that whenever we lose, everyone wants to blame someone.....
    sure enough there were a few foward passes (flat at best)
    sure enough princey played the worst game ive seen from him in years
    sure enough rogers didnt pass the ball as often as you guys wanted him (hes a ball running 5/8, thats what princeys is there for)
    Firstly, Rogers is a great runner...not a 5/8.
    secondly, why is Princy sweeping around in the fullback position...he needs to get the ball at first or second receiver.
    Zilman is one of the fastest in the game...make him sweep around with Princy feeding him the money ball.

On the subject of Zillman...It looks like Carty is struggling with his decision at fullback and in the mean time the forwards lose an interchange.
    Where was our interchange prop?

The potential is there but we have a lot of work to do.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Its round 2 24 to go im sure in the comming 2-3 weeks we will see all the little probs sorted out...

man
    dnt get y u would put zillman on the wing after taking atkins off, would of bench grahman and moved rogers to centre and zillman or campbell to 5/8 casue we need more in attack
    he was away for another try i rkn, but got pulled back for a late tackle on the kicker.
    u have to move rogers to centre and ethier put zillman or campbell there. prince jsut cant produce it all himself, to much pressure and it showed.
    our forwards need to step up, our bak row has done nothing past 2 games. we need conn back for his hard running

After a loss like this I think carty and the boys have some thinking to do. No doubt, I really enjoyed their performance yesterday, despite the hiccups. I think the interchange has to have Tagatese. We need more attack work, as patskE said. Maybe some more game plans for the offensive. Every player has to get involved more than now, its no use always passing to prince and then he scores, as we saw last season when princey was absent due to injury (aswell as the other key players) we tend to lose our games more. Try get some 40/20's in

Go Titans!

Gold Coast Titan Supporter For Life

Playstation 3 Supporter

The Gold Coast Titan

yeh maybe a more attacking 2nder rower on the bench instead of odwyer, ie tagatese. we need conn aswell, he was a rock

Junior Titan

I have just read the article stating that Carty was proud of his teams performance against the dragons.

I find it a bitter pill to swallow when a coach of Cartys calibre can state in the media that he is proud of his teams effort, especially after a very ordinary performance like that. I do agree to a point that at times our defence looked good, however the Dragons attack was mostly disjointed and they hardly threw anything at the Titans. I honestly believe that the comments by Carty were just a smokescreen and he just wishes to sweep this one under the carpet and move on. My fears are that if Carty is fairdinkum in his appraisal of this performance then this would indicate no team or positional changes, and if that is the case we could be in serious trouble over the next few weeks. With a home game against the Dogs followed by two consecutive away games against the Cowboys and the Storm i can assure you that the Titans will have to contend with a lot more firepower and tougher defence than the Dragons or Knights threw at them. Time for Carty to get fairdinkum early in the season and fire a rocket up the backsides of some of his non performing players, not praise them and be publicaly proud of them. Just my own thoughts and concerns.

Seems like most times that i make a comment on this forum i seem to ruffle a few feathers, however i can assure all that i am a passionate Titans supporter and a proud club member since 07 and i would love nothing more than to see our team make the finals this season.

Missed this game due to cricket commitments. Tried to get the olds to use their DVD recorder but it was beyond them - all I got was snow. Was seriously frustrated that I didn't get to watch, but it sounds like I might have been more frustrated had I done so. It will be interesting to see if Carty makes some changes. Obviously 30 tackles is a lot to miss, but it's even worse when the side he selects is defense oriented - may as well pick some attacking players if you are going to miss that many.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Its round 2 24 to go im sure in the comming 2-3 weeks we will see all the little probs sorted out...
    yeah, no sweat.. they'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Genuine excuses my ****!
    You can't go blaming the ref when you play that badly.
    Mini's try was a borderline flat ball, but there were plenty of other forward passes and not all of them were picked up on.
    NRL stats will tell you the Titans missed 30 tackles to the Dragons 8 - can't blame the ref for that one.

If they miss the eight by 2 points this year, it'll be because they couldn't pass the ball or tackle properly in Round 2. Making excuses is pathetic, especially after all the tough talk in the last week about 'shaking the monkey'.............
    You mustn't know too much about professional rugby league. Sure, they missed tackles, but look at the score line. They must have defended ok to only lose by a converted try. If the try to Mini was awarded it may have been a different story. Borderline flat passes were happening over the whole weekend of footy and depending on who was reffing the game, points were awarded. No use blowing a fuse and swearing about it. It's round two.