Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Because the oil companies and the government are all in this together. If the bowser price comes down, the goverment misses out on their GST and the oil companies lose money. When the first Iraq war started the price of a barrel of oil hit about 80 to 90 bucks max. Price of petrol at the bowser hit around 70cents per litre. We should only be paying around 50 to 60 cents p/l at the moment with the oil prices the way they are. If our government wanted to do anything to help the Aussie public out they would get rid of the GST that is on top of the fuel excise tax. Two tax's on one product is unheard of in the industrialized nations of this world. Aussie's are the suckers for putting up with. All of this money was supposed to go towards our transport infrastructure. I sure have not seen any new federally funded roads being built between the gold coast and north queensland lately. As for your question Hoppy. I have no friggin' idea. And don't stand in front of cars at night otherwise you might get hit by a Mr. Krudd vehicle that is dodging all of these accusations.

There are quite a few things that affect fuel prices:
    * Global Crude Oil Prices
    * Global Petrol prices
    * Global supply & demand of both
    * Current exchange rates
    * Local supply & demand of petrol

The only way we'll be getting back down to 70c\lt, is if crude oil stays low and our exchange rate gets higher. But don't count on that, with our stock market being largely based on the price of mining commodoties; iron, aluminium, copper, oil, coal..... When our stock market picks up, so will the price of oil!
    Expecting the government to remove petrol taxes is ridiculous - so don't even go there.....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

So where is my super going??????

down the ****hole
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 01-12-08 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Please don't attempt to dodge the swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    If our government wanted to do anything to help the Aussie public out they would get rid of the GST that is on top of the fuel excise tax. Two tax's on one product is unheard of in the industrialized nations of this world. Aussie's are the suckers for putting up with.
    That's true. It's not just fuel though. Having GST on tolls is another example. It's just part of the double dipping Hoawrd and Costello introduced on their "never, ever" promise. Yes, a lot of us got sucked in. Some take longer than others to realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    So where is my super going??????
    Same place as everyone else mate! Think yourself lucky you're not about to retire. Our losses will bounce back, but it will take some time.

We all got screwed and it is only going to continue, no matter who is in power. If that BLOKE from The LNP is reading this! Stop friggin' ringing people in the Northern Suburbs of the Gold Coast from Ashmore north. You always hang up before we all catch your name. Not happy mate. And not a good rap for your party.

Yay for rudd.

Without him, i would be having a hard time controlling my cashflow, i would be sleepless at night wondering if the Aboriginals from 70 years ago needed an apolligy, Scared senseless that my Kids wouldn't know how to handle the massive surplus, and wondering if Qantas was safe to fly on.

What a great year it has been, i have had banks demanding margin calls, let go 2 of my best employees because of restraints, seen the housing market crash though the floor, and had the opertunity to see interests rates finally come down to some how jump start the dead economy back to life, but im afraid could be to late.

When he promised to bring Aboriginals and whites closer together with finances and life expectency i didnt expect him to make us whites to all lose our houses and die alot earlier because of stress and lack of common needs. But i guess he did keep his promise!!

Well done Krudd, if i was allowed close enough i would fair dinkem kick ya in the nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Rudd bonus blown on the pokies
    Jan 18, 2009 1:01am
    By: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

POKER machines were the big winner in the Government's economic stimulus package, with a multi-million dollar boost.

POKER machines won out with the Federal Government's stimulus package, which has been blamed for a $15 million boost in revenue in Queensland.

More than $167 million was spent playing poker machines in December ? 10 per cent above the previous month's $152 million.

It was also significantly higher than for the same period in 2007, The Sunday Mail reports.

In 2007, punters spent $156 million in November and $153 million in December

Source: http://www.optuszoo.com.au/article/n...latest_ndm/774

You can hardly blame Rudd for the global financial crisis that originated in the US.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You can hardly blame Rudd for the global financial crisis that originated in the US.
    True.

But when the end of his term is up; the hospitals will still be ineffective, broadband speeds will still be slow, schools won't have their computers and our troops will still be in the Middle East - there will be no-one else to blame.

The buck stops with Kevin Remember!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

You can hardly blame Rudd for the global financial crisis that originated in the US
    No but a stimulus package that he inititated after consulation indicated a large percent of it would end up in pokies or spent on alcohol, well as ryan said the bucks stops with Rudd.

The money could have been issued as vouchers for petrol, food, medical essentials, school supplies, etc.

Goooooooooooone!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

This is sensational. This is panic from the ALP. Who are returning to their infighting ways of old. Whichmade them electoral poison to the people.

I always said Gillard would be our next PM, I didn't think it would be this soon!

Absolutely amazing!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

labour sucks.