Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

They say the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Sitting idly by and hoping they do better next time leads to zero improvement.

Admittedly we may be better off writing letters to channel 9 and the ARL than voicing our opinions on a forum, but then isn't a forum defined as a public facility to meet for open discussion?

You know what dissapoints me that the world cup Chairman Collin love didnt do or say anything to CH9 about how badly they were treating the game all i from Collin was that there was nothing he could do about it etc. Seriously is it that hard for the NRL or ARL to turn around and tell 9 to stop ripping the game off. Makes me wish we had some of the AFL's confidence in telling the networks what to do and not what to do.

With all due respect Brad.People who are burying their heads in the sand about the way Rugby league and rugby league fans have been treated during this world cup are the reason channel 9 and the other "powers that be" will never change their ways and continue to treat the game and it's fans with utter discontempt like they have in this tournament.

Fans need to voice how disgusted they are about how they & the game they adore have been treated and demand change for the better of the game,it's fans and the growth of the sport. Only then will we have a world cup to be proud of.

Rugby league fans deserve it.
    Last edited by Paul; 19-11-08 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    omg guys, live game on channel 9!
    i think i will record it and watch it at 8:30..... just wont feel the same otherwise.... i need 60mins of warm-up
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

just admit it, the whole WC has been CRAP.... how many was at the semi on sunday?? 9,000 ppl and that was AUS v ENG (2 major RL countries)

damn, a titans average for the season was over 20,000

so stop being so political and admit that is has been a large pile of stinky POOH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    i think i will record it and watch it at 8:30..... just wont feel the same otherwise.... i need 60mins of warm-up

major lolz Davey

I'm not being political and believe me I can see better than most what was a betrayal to the world cup with the television rights. But instead of putting a big red pen through it and whinge about the entire competition, I choose to also focus on the many positives.

I'm not denying anyone their opportunity to voice their opinion, I simply moved this away from the World Cup Final thread cause it was way off topic.

And for the record England played New Zealand in front of 26,000 and Australia played Fiji in front of nearly 16,000.

The problems with this World Cup, aren't just problems with the World Cup, they are systemic problems that effect the entire game. The NRL television deal is even more disgraceful than the World Cup one and the division of the games clubs and governing authorities didn't help the World Cup's promotion or support. We need one governing body in Australia and all rugby league fans and clubs need to chip in.

How many emails or promotions do you think Queensland rugby league fans got from the Broncos, Titans and Cowboys? I went to a game at Parramatta stadium between Tonga and Ireland and only saw one Parramatta jersey.

I mean honestly, you guys are going overboard even on the English forums they aren't this negative!

I agree fans need to kick up as much **** as possible about this television rights capitulation, this will help in our quest for a great television deal next time. We need to show media companies that we won't be pushed around. But wholesale canibalism of the tournament by rugby league fans, throwing blanket statements around like it was a pile of crap and a disgrace doesn't help either and it's so far from the truth.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Nobody is whinging about the entire competition, I think we all enjoyed many of the games, especially between the less highly thought of teams.

I was talking to the guy who runs the local takeaway, he's a big league fan. He didn't get into the World Cup this year either. Not just the delayed telecast for all the games, but also the draw. One of the most exciting teams we had was put into an impossible pool. Why 3 of the top sides who would go through + them? Why did 3 of the sides from that one pool go through while only 1 from the other pools? If England, Australia and NZ were split between pools and you put through the top two from each it'd be a bit fairer, given PNG the opportunity to win a game. Yes, they were a highlight and it'd be great if we get a PNG team in the QLD Cup/NRL, but basically telling them from the start... sorry guys, we don't want you in the finals is also a kick in the teeth to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

And for the record England played New Zealand in front of 26,000 and Australia played Fiji in front of nearly 16,000.
    sorry my bad..... i heard during the telecast there was only 9,000.... but then that is just sydney.... they dont turn out to games.

i can also see the postives with the pacific regions growing, and yes it would be GREAT to see PNG enter the NRL.

as like steve's takeway guy, just could not find myself getting into the WC at all, mainly due to the very POOR television coverage..... seriously ESPN do a better coverage of kids stacking cups!!!!

yes will most likely be watching the final on saturday - finally coz it will be live - lets hope thats it a close game...

I think the jury is out until we see the profit and how that and the World Cup experience is applied to growth of the international game over the next 5 years.

I can totally and completely understand how the delayed TV coverage really shot the legs off everyone's World Cup experience. It really ruined mine as well, hald the fun and excitement is the fact that it's LIVE and the build up. But worse was the ARL's reaction to it, far worse.

Anyway let's hope a lot of good comes out of it and that it goes on to nurish the game worldwide. I think many nations are going to be alot stronger for 2013, especially PNG if it gets a Queensland Cup team and France when after years of Toulouse in National league 1 and hopefully a year in Super League when the franchising comes up again for 2012.

Lebanon and Wales with their Super League team should be strong as well.

Announcements of the success of the World Cup and strategies over the next couple of months is going to be critical.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Didn't bother watching it. Chicken little and Cody Banks secret agent seemed like better viewing. Who won.

Now that sideshow alley is finished, bring on the real competition 2009 Telstra Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Didn't bother watching it. Chicken little and Cody Banks secret agent seemed like better viewing. Who won.
    Well mate, you missed a bit of RL history and certainly missed out on the better viewing. Aussie won, btw, and it was a great game.

But regardless of making $5M and all that BS, the tournament was a complete shocker for local fans IMO. For all the touring fans, it was probably the highlight of their life, going to games, being involved, actually caring enough to travel OS to be part of it etc.

But for the average Aussie fans of RL it was a serious letdown, a total disappointment and generally more frustrating and negative than exciting and positive. As with others, I blame Channel 9 for the most part of that. You can't blame the teams for not being good enough or being too good. You can't knock the passion of the Kumuls even though they didn't win a game.

But you can fairly blame the lack of promotion and lack of dedicated TV time for letting this RLWC slip through the interest of the average Aussie.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Well mate, you missed a bit of RL history and certainly missed out on the better viewing. Aussie won, btw, and it was a great game.

But regardless of making $5M and all that BS, the tournament was a complete shocker for local fans IMO. For all the touring fans, it was probably the highlight of their life, going to games, being involved, actually caring enough to travel OS to be part of it etc.

But for the average Aussie fans of RL it was a serious letdown, a total disappointment and generally more frustrating and negative than exciting and positive. As with others, I blame Channel 9 for the most part of that. You can't blame the teams for not being good enough or being too good. You can't knock the passion of the Kumuls even though they didn't win a game.

But you can fairly blame the lack of promotion and lack of dedicated TV time for letting this RLWC slip through the interest of the average Aussie.

are u sure about that result????? am pretty sure we got flogged in the last 15mins or so....

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    are u sure about that result????? am pretty sure we got flogged in the last 15mins or so....
    Yeah, it was a bit of a joke. Probably should have put a blue-winky in there for ya! Like that one!