Default Classy Kiwis Lift Women's World Cup

Classy Kiwis Lift Women's World Cup

THE New Zealand Ferns kept their best for last in a dominant display of women's rugby league at Suncorp Stadium, defeating the Australian Jillaroos 34-0 in the third Women's Rugby League World Cup final.

The Jillaroos had no answers for the Ferns? speed and intensive defensive line which had the Aussies on the back foot from kick off, with experienced half Trish Hina dominating in the middle of the field.

Lousia Avaki, who delayed her retirement to captain the Ferns, led by example scoring her own four-pointer in the second half.

While Australian half Karyn Murphy tried to create gaps and prop Melissa Edwards attempted to take the team forward, the Kiwi defence simply outclassed any Aussie counter attack.

The match will be a first time experience for the relatively new Australian team, who will re-gather back at camp in an effort to rebuild before future Tests against the New Zealand side.

The Australian camp wishes to thank all supporters for attending the match.

http://www.qrl.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Congratulations to the New Zealand ladies for winning in stuck a convinving manner. When it comes to Womens RL they are the supreme champions and Australia has a lot of catching up to do.

I got to the Semi Final at Lang Park in time to see the 2nd half of this match and the Kiwis were impressive.

Also I never knew that the Aussie girls were called the Jillaroos. Rugby League has all the best team names, Kangaroos, Kiwis, Emus and Jillaroos.

We were also the first Australian sporting team to wear green and gold.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Congratulations to the New Zealand ladies for winning in stuck a convinving manner. When it comes to Womens RL they are the supreme champions and Australia has a lot of catching up to do.

I got to the Semi Final at Lang Park in time to see the 2nd half of this match and the Kiwis were impressive.

Also I never knew that the Aussie girls were called the Jillaroos. Rugby League has all the best team names, Kangaroos, Kiwis, Emus and Jillaroos.

We were also the first Australian sporting team to wear green and gold.
    and also, there a alot more good looking girls in our team than i first thought......the Ferns, i wouldnt go near with a ten foot pole but some of those aussie chicks werent to bad on the eyes and played rather well...........number 18.......cant remember her name...............

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I remember seeing an Australia vs NZ women's match a few years ago. Pretty sure Australia won then, but it was actually a great game. Some of the ladies had sensational skills, and as GCT points out, easy on the eye too.