Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Expressions of Interest: Forum Dinner

Another forum I go on organises a yearly dinner (well, multiple, one for each city) for Christmas. It's a great opportunity for people to get together face to face. We already do a lot of that, but there's also a lot of forum members who we haven't met yet!

November or early December seems to be the best time to organise these things to avoid people being busy with family xmas parties.

The Titanium Bar has some Christmas function packages which are worth a look.

Dinner I think is a bit much, $60 per person, 4 course set meal. The other packages are ****tail parties.

I've been doing some maths on it. Assuming we get 50 people along, we could get 6 platters of food (meant to cater for 8-10 each) and a $500 bar tab for about $15 per person. Admittedly that only works out to be about 1-2 drinks per person, but it gets you started and fed, and we could probably up it quite a bit.

Anyhow, if you're interested let me know. We'll need definite numbers and payment up front.

Another great idea Steve! I think this could be a great annual tradition.

Count me in, I'm sure a lot of the Brissie crew would be in on top of all the Coasters.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

For sure im up for it with out a Q.

But if that is abit to much i can always see about mels work i can prob get abit from there for us.

That is at lone star tarven.....

Lone Star would probably be a better option for a sit down meal, but if we get enough numbers for a ****tail function I think the Titanium Bar will be pretty affordable. Putting on a tab just ensures we waive the booking fee and it'd be a great venue, especially Titans Corner or the Sports Bar Balcony!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Lone Star would probably be a better option for a sit down meal, but if we get enough numbers for a ****tail function I think the Titanium Bar will be pretty affordable. Putting on a tab just ensures we waive the booking fee and it'd be a great venue, especially Titans Corner or the Sports Bar Balcony!
    Ture that but also im thinking of the value for money with the meals and drinks......

The beer is 1.50 cheaper and the spirts are 2.00 cheaper away from surfers...... but im happy to meet other forum memebers and everyone else anywhere as longs as we are with good friends we meant over season 08

I have to admit it would be cool to have a ****tail party and have it at the Titanium Bar.

But I'm up for either.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I have to admit it would be cool to have a ****tail party and have it at the Titanium Bar.

But I'm up for either.
    Yeah i argeee with u there....

Just sum ppl might not be able to to pay....

But i do know Eddie who is the main man and i know the manage there so i could prob get sumthing for us all

That's why I think the ****tail function is a better idea than a sit down dinner. Plus, how do we make the Legion members sit in just one place for an entire meal?

Lone Star would also allow for kids, comes down to what the people want!

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

ok well i might see if we can organise something through the titans ....ill speak to them tomorrow as i am seeing a few of them for lunch. But i think the best way to cap off a great yr would be to have it at the titans bar aka Titanium Bar!

if we organise this we might be able to get a few things organised as well ....keep you all posted if we can get something up and running
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

*Paul is in.....

.......just thinking out loud. If you only have beer, wine and soft drink on the tab the money will go a lot further....I love my bourbon and I am sure there are a few out there who love their cruisers etc. But knowing human nature some people may abuse the system....

Was thinking the same thing, shamus. It'd only go as far as a couple drinks anyhow. You can tell them what you want to be available, I'd probably limit it to domestic beers and basic spirits. No premixes or anything of the sort. Just booking the venue and only collecting money for the food platters might be an option too.

Great idea!

im in just let me know so i can work around it

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    For sure im up for it with out a Q.

But if that is abit to much i can always see about mels work i can prob get abit from there for us.

That is at lone star tarven.....
    Are the Lone Star.............many memories there. The nudie girls, the poolnights and even the karioke in the other bar. I got $5.00 waving above your head lol