Brisbane Broncos star Peter Wallace charged over pub scuffle
    By Robyn Ironside
    October 20, 2008 10:15am
    Article from: Font size: + -
    Send this article: Print Email

Peter Wallace charged over alleged pub scuffle
    He allegdly refused to leave the pub
    He was taken to hospital with injuries from scuffle

ONE of the Brisbane Broncos star players has been arrested and charged after an incident at a Sunshine Coast hotel last night.

Halfback Peter Wallace was injured in a scuffle with bouncers when he refused to leave O'Malley's Irish pub at Mooloolaba about midnight, the Courier-Mail reports.

Wallace, a NSW Origin player, was taken to Maroochydore police station, where an ambulance was called. He was then taken to Nambour hospital before later signing himself out.

He is due to appear in Maroochydore Magistrates Court on November 14 charged with disorderly behaviour and failing to leave a licensed premises.

It is understood Wallace received a small cut to his head and was not seriously injured.

The Brisbane Broncos have launched their own investigation into the matter and a spokesman is expected to make a comment later today.

The incident is the latest in a disastrous period for the Broncos.

Three players remain under investigation for sexual assault following an incident in a Brisbane nightclub toilet.

In a separate incident during last month's finals series, captain Darren Lockyer manhandled a bar manager during a drunken night on the town.

I give up sometimes... if it were anyone else you'd just sack them but its been all the key players messing up this year... please guys keep it together, the next fringe first grader that even sneezes at red hill is going to hit the open market so quick his feet won't even touch the ground!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    [B]

I give up sometimes... if it were anyone else you'd just sack them but its been all the key players messing up this year... please guys keep it together, the next fringe first grader that even sneezes at red hill is going to hit the open market so quick his feet won't even touch the ground!
    Who cares if they are the key players IMO if u fkc up u shood be stood down and if u do it twice or if its a really big thing u should be sacked on the spot that way the players might pull tghey head in if they know if i fkc up i will loose my job just like any1 else who fkcs up big time at they work......

Another media disaster for the Donkeys only a few days after they were in the news telling everyone how hard they are going to be with their players & drinking , looks like Wallace may have missed that press release
    #itaintweaktospeak

The broncos aren't very smart are they

I think they just act and dont think

Bad news for the Broncos again, Broncos players on holidays have been recalled to Brisbane for an emergency meeting by the Broncos club to show them just how serious they are about player discipline.

World Cup players have not been recalled.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Is it just coincidence all this has been happening as Bennett prepares to leave the club? I mean with regard to player disipline. Never seemed to hear about stuff like this when Bennett had the players respect. just a thought.

they certainly arent having a reall good run at the moment....

i do see your point on that on e chris.. the players prob have the attitude now that he has left there will no penalties....

the bosses up there really need to take some very harsh messures here and really send out a message to the entire team.... coz it really isnt a good look for the sport...

and i do think that the world cup players should have been called back for the meeting also... expecially that a couple of them are already in hot water....

but then again its all just donkeys being donkeys - dumb as dog sh!t
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    and i do think that the world cup players should have been called back for the meeting also... expecially that a couple of them are already in hot water....
    Yep, not like they've all flown to Europe for the World Cup. Just pile them into a Jet Star flight and bring 'em back. If they're serious.[/QUOTE]

I can smell the Spoon heading to Brisbane already
    #itaintweaktospeak