Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Maybe they can get rid of Ricky Stuart now.

Now this makes up for all the ****ness of this WC because its now not just a one team tournament

anyone else hunt should be the aussie fullback?
    like slator does some good things, but the dumb things he does sorta cancel it out...
    not talking about the brain snap that lead to that try for benji
    the 1st try lockayer scored, could of jsut drawn the fullback n pass it to darren, but he had to try beat the fullback byhimself, and was lucky enough to find darren when he was falling.

Slater is 100 X the player Hunt will ever be. Don't crucify him for one bad game.The bloke is easily the best FB on the planet

How the efing hell was Lockyer man of the match????????????????

Titans First Grader

What a great game that was and fitting for a final i think everyone was waiting for a team to challenge the aussies.
    There were so many talking points in the game but NZ were the better team by a long way. They looked up for it from the first minute to the last and im sure the 60 million fans in England cheering them on helped aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I guess that was decided before the game was played.

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~ View Post
    im sure the 60 million fans in England cheering them on helped aswell
    looked like about 30,000 were inside suncorp as well from watching it on tele lol

Titans First Grader

A shout out to the English fans by Nathan Cayless, what a top bloke!

NZ were always going to win. How else do you build the reputation of the game outside Australia. Australia played very very ordinary, NZ got very very lucky in every area. Ref was as biased as i have ever seen. Just can't believe they could choke so bad........ Is it true Lockyer was man of the match??? if so that is gee up number 2 for the night,

Iloved that when they were introducing the kiwi team, there was pretty much silence for Fein.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Oh so ture that was alot of sh1t...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I guess that was decided before the game was played.

Just like ever1 thought how the aussioe were going to walk away easy with the win...

And the bookies make a killing again!

But the worst thing of all is... the pig ******* will be twice as annoying now.

Went to the game. A cracker of a match, pity about the result. To make matters worse I'm married to a Kiwi. While the Kiwis thoroughly deserved their win, the ref should have been wearing black, not pink. And don't get me started on the video ref.

Had a bunch of Poms sitting behind me, who spent most fo the night bagging the video ref! Had a chat to them after the game, seemed liek top blokes, and very passionate about their League. When I mentioned soccer, thinking that all Poms follow the game, I got this response: "Nah, I hate soccer it's a game for nancy boys!" Now while I follow the beautiful game myself, it pleased me no end to see such passion for what is and always will be my first sporting love - Rugby League.

By the way, there were 50,599 there tonight - and I believe it, the only empty sections were a couple of the corporate boxes. Finally the kind of crowd this event deserved. I live in hope that one day international Rugby League will once again be the pinnacle of our game like it was in the past. Passionate Blues fan that I am, I honestly believe international footy should trump Origin. It's a crying shame it doesn't. And it is an even bigger crying shame that a perfect opportunity to give international League a massive shot in the arm was totally butchered by the powers that be, and by channel 9.

Jason

p.s. how funny was it seeing the tool announcer reminding Lockyer to thank the coaching staff?
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

looked like about 30,000 were inside suncorp as well from watching it on tele lol
    You werent wrong. Poms were out in force, making the crowd for the Final a beautiful mix of supporters from around the globe. I loved jersey spotting all the British and French clubs. Those Poms are the best supporters in the game for sure. I'd love to tour the UK and France for the 2013 World Cup. Even though their team was a let down, all the poms I talked to loved their trip down under.

Well what a fantastic World Cup...

I'm shocked and numb, it was absolutely unbelievable watching Australia get thumped. I can't believe we have lost the World Cup!

Well done to NZ they were by far the better team on the night of the Final. But god damn! We didn't just lose we got thumped.

Well done to all the Pommies that turned out, even though they deathrode Australia. It was great mixing with fans from St Helens, London, Bradford, Hull (FC and Rovers), Huddersfield and Wigan. I also got to meet lots of French fans, wearing Les Catalans jerseys.

This win will ensure the next World Cup is a cracker! The next Test in May next year at Lang Park will be another massive crowd of 50,000.

The game in New Zealand will benefit so greatly from this and hopefully it gets capitalised on. They really did do something amazing and they really kicked Australia in the nuts on this one...

I'm so tired, I'll post again tomorrow. But thanks to all the fans who supported this fantastic tournament. It was such a great ride and I will be suffering extreme withdrawl over the coming months. To be cured with some Titans goodness.

Travelling around Australia to games was absolutely brilliant, the tournament has brought so many brand new fans to the game and turbo charged rugby league development for the next 5 years.

I just don't think I can stomach the gloating of the Kiwis. We have to put up with them calling themselves world champs for 5 years. And our beautiful trophy is now in their grubby hands. Bring on the re-match, that'll be a cracker. Kangaroos will be out for revenge.

Tonight';s game was so passionate, so emotional and such a thriller. Both on and off the field.

Goodbye season 2008! And good on all the true believers in the World Cup and international footy. It's got so much potential and so much to give to rugby league, even interstate footy was roundly ridiculed before Origin and look at it now. If we can get international footy up there, we'll be sitting pretty as a sport and as fans we'll be spoilt rotten. I'm so glad the World Cup is back, forever on the calendar. I'm broke but had the time of my life, even though we lost the Cup... I can't believe, it this has got to be a dream.

DIEHARD signing off, Roo for life!

I'm going to bravely venture over to some British forums... all the gloating and rubbing it in is going to hurt, it'll be a thousand times worse than when we lost the tri nations.

Hey but well done to New Zealand for winning their first ever World Cup. It's difficult not to appreciate that...
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-11-08 at 01:30 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER