Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

As much as I hate to see the aussies loose this outcome is probebly good for the game... the kiwi's have such a strong Rugby Union set up over there and this will really help push league's profile a lot higher.

Other good things to note on the night was how good Locky looked, gives us Bronc's fans something to look forward to next year, plus for you st george fans even more to look forward to with Wayne Bennant heading your way you must be starting to get optimistic even with a team fairly void of "big names" you'd like to think he can have a similar effect at the saints as he has for NZ.

I wasn't disappointed with the outcome of this, as I could tell at about 20mins in that Australia was probably gonna lose. The fashion in which they did lose though, no one could have predicted. Possibly someone could have scripted it, but no predicted it.

I hate that I even have these thoughts, but lets entertain for a minute:

- Darren Lockyer forgot how to hold onto a ball? He caught the friggen thing and only had to hold onto it for the time it took to fall 5 inches. Did this legend and stalwart of representative football unwillingly release the ball in a moment of nervous excitment, perhaps still thinking back to the try he scored minutes earlier where he had the clarity of mind to step a defender, scoot down along the deadball line to improve the position for the conversion, safely grounding the ball in two hands, underneath his chest just before the last defender arrived?

- In the 4 games leading up to the final, the Australians let in just 16 points and scored 180. Their defense in that one game, was over twice as bad as their previous four games put together, and by only scoring 20 they failed to rack up even half of their average tally of 45 per game. The Kiwis on the other hand dramatically improve both their defense and attack. Less than a month earlier they couldn't put more than 6 on Australia, with Australia putting 30 on them. Even England scored no less than 22 points against NZ just 8 days earlier, with NZ scoring less than they did against Australia.

- Slater goes from the best form for a fullback since who knows when, to flat out forgetting that as fullback he's the last line of defense - seriously, who the hell was he passing that ball back to?

Rugby League can be a strange game sometimes. But that bloody strange...?
    Last edited by Capital_Shark; 24-11-08 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

My biggest disapointment for the night was Inglis, not because he did anything wrong but because I actually forgot he was on the field till he scored that try toward the end. He has a real habit of just dropping out of games sometimes... he can be the best centre in the game sometimes but others you don't even realise he's playing.

Falou on the otherhand never gave up and got involved right through... scary to think he's still young enough to line up for the under 20's...

CS,even for a conspiracy theory that is far fetched

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I think Billy the kid was named, i think???

And no way DL should of been man of the match that must of been decided at half time LOL..

So my msg was right than big guy??? LOL
    Slater had won just about every other award this year, so they probably had him earmarked for the MOM, then he throws a brain-snap pass late in the game, and they panic in the box and just give it to the next best Aussie. That's my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I support my country i'm not a Kiwi Closet Supporter who come out when they're are in front
    LOL, yeah I got the same crap SMS's from him. Just what you need when your country is getting beaten, some "True Blue" laughing it up and telling you how good the Kiwis are.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    CS,even for a conspiracy theory that is far fetched
    LOL, imagine the boys in the sheds before the game planning this one.

Lockyer:"OK, if I cross early for my second and we're getting to far in front I'll just drop it over the line"
    Slater,"OK, and if it looks too close towards the end I'll do some really ordinary pass to no-one so the Kiwis can score. Someone try to give them a penatly try too, just to seal the deal".
    Lockyer, "Sweet. That should keep Wayne happy. OK Billy, I'll toss you for the MOM award........ Yes!! Heads, I win!"

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Slater had won just about every other award this year, so they probably had him earmarked for the MOM, then he throws a brain-snap pass late in the game, and they panic in the box and just give it to the next best Aussie. That's my best guess.

nah he did play a great game............and was selected to be mom, but aparently the selectors made that vote with 10 minutes still to go, game wasnt decided yet and many of them wanted to change their votes................

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Lockyer had a great game, but I think it's ridiculous that they pick the winner with 10mins to go, with the last 10mins being the most intense and usually where big games are won and lost.

The Courier Mail had a funny cartoon on this, I'll try and scan it later if my scanner wants to work.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Can somebody explain why two aussies were the ones being chosen as MOM when they were second best all over the park,especially in the second half? Not a single player in our 17 should have been considered for the award,let alone win it. lockyer looked almost embarassed when he went to collect it. It was cringeworthy to watch.

and as an aside did anyone else find it highly intrusive that that twat on the microphone basically FORCED Lockyer to thank sponsors the second time DL went on stage?
    Last edited by Paul; 24-11-08 at 10:51 PM.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

if anyone gets a chance to watch a replay or has it recorded, have a look at the 44-45th min, a tackle involving Smith, Luke and another Kiwi, look closely and u will see issac luke throw a punch or two at smiths groin. It looked dirty, obv didn't hurt as smith didn't react, but i just lost all admiration i had for luke, great player dirty thug.