Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

yes super league has had the salary cap from the start and this year has shown how the clubs are on a more level playing field .breaches of cap are jumped on heavily (unless you are wigan)

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by UK Titan
    yes super league has had the salary cap from the start and this year has shown how the clubs are on a more level playing field .breaches of cap are jumped on heavily (unless you are wigan)
    Do remember Wigan had to offload about 7 player just to get Stuart Fieldon

Titan One Clubman

Does anyone know where there is a list of off contract ESL players?

Reason I'm intrested is because Canberra are apprently after two players from the English Comp...

CATALANS Dragons has landed a coup with the signing of Canberra Raiders star Jason Croker.

The 33-year-old former Test utility player will join the French club next European season. and take the overseas quota space of the departing Ian Hindmarsh.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html

Leeds Rhinos have confirmed the signing of Manly Sea Eagles prop Kylie Leuluai on a three-year contract from 2007.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/3693

mmmm lots of aussie players there
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Hutch Miava joins Hull on a two year deal
    http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsA...6/Default.aspx

Scott Hill signs with Harlequins RL for 2 years

From: http://www.quins.co.uk/newspage.ink?...type=RL&Refid=

Harlequins Rugby League will be joined in 2007 by Melbourne Storm's leading play-maker, Scott Hill.

The former Kangaroo International and NSW State of Origin star will join Quins RL on a two year deal.

Hill has been in great form this season prompting a push by the likes of former Blue's legend Laurie Daley for his inclusion in the recent State of Origin decider. He has been integral to the Storm's recent winning streak which sees them well on course for the NRL Minor Premiership.

Scott made his first grade debut with Canterbury Bulldogs in 1996 before spending one season with the now defunct Hunter Mariners. He joined the Melbourne club in its inaugural season in 1998 and scored the club's very first try in the first round of that season. Due to a shoulder injury, Scott missed the Storm's Grand Final victory in 1999 but did go on and gain selection for NSW and Australia the following year. His Australian Test debut was against the Kiwis in 2000 and later that year he played in all six games in the World Cup.

Harlequins Director Tony Rea commented: 'Scott's style is hard to find and he is a diminishing breed of talent. He has an innate ability to read a game and make split second decisions. His experience, his class and his professionalism will be of great benefit for Harlequins Rugby League'.

Having played in the Victorian capital for the past nine seasons, Hill is looking forward to the move to another big city - London - outside of rugby league's 'heartlands':

'I've had some great times with Melbourne and I want to enjoy and make the most of our run into the finals series with a club that has been such a big part of my life.'

'Heading for London is a big opportunity for me and one which I am really looking forward to. Harlequins are a professional outfit with a lot of ambition and that appealed to me'.

Date of birth: 30/05/77, Position: Stand off/loose forward, Height: 186cm, Weight: 92kg
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 16-08-06 at 06:28 PM.

Michael Dobson currently sits at the top of world goal kickers with an incredible 87% success rate with the boot.

Dobson's success rate makes him the number one kicker in world rugby league ahead of Bulldogs star Hazen El Masri (84%), St Helens Jamie Lyon (81%) and Andrew Johns (80%).

Dobson has kicked 47 goals since joining the Warriors on loan from Catalans Dragons in May, and his hattrick of tries on Friday against Bradford has cemented him at the top of the clubs point scorers list with 106 points.

The little scrum half will return to Canberra at the end of the season and is therefore set to play his last game in a Warriors jersey when Wigan take on Hull FC at the JJB Stadium on Friday 15th September.

That's awesome to say he came to Wigan under pressure mid way through the season.
    Brad Meyers #1 supporter

Jamaal Lolesi heads to Huddersfield

From: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=12202

Lolesi off to UK
    Written by: League news
    20/09/2006

Wests Tigers have released utility Jamaal Lolesi from his contract, allowing the former Bulldog to join Huddersfield in the English Super League.

Lolesi was on a two-year deal at the Tigers but the club has released him from the final year of his contract. He will continue his career with fellow Tigers John Skandalis and Shane Elford who will also link with the Giants in the UK next year

I havent updated this for a while. so ill try get them all done by by the end of the week.

Titan First Grade Squad

thanks for the news on jamaal

Ive updated it. If i have missed someone just post it in the threat and i will add it to the list.

Aaron Gorrell ------> Catalans Dragons

St George Illawarra hooker Aaron Gorrell has signed a three-year contract with France-based English Super League side the Catalans Dragons.
    http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsA...1/Default.aspx

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Aaron Gorrell ------> Catalans Dragons

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsA...1/Default.aspx
    thats a real loss for the nrl
    "Go the Titans"