Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Bulldogs are looking great and hopefully it can be some reward to their long suffering fans. It's one thing to suffer poor on field results but another to endure off field bullcrap.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The Bulldogs are looking great and hopefully it can be some reward to their long suffering fans. It's one thing to suffer poor on field results but another to endure off field bullcrap.
    Darn straight... I'm so proud of my club for cleaning up it's act once and for all and making a change for the better.. there's a real buzz in the air that in 2009 we will have a great year both on and off the field...

I love that we have Stagg, he's a really experienced campaigner who will be good for our defense and for helping the young blokes through... another top acquisition by the club and really, I can't wait for next march... it's so exciting..

Junior Titan

Here's my predictions for 2009....

Strugglers: Parramatta, Penrith, Brisbane and Canberra
    Big Movers: St. George, Canterbury and Warriors

My top 8......

Manly
    St.George
    Warriors
    Melbourne
    Bulldogs
    Titans
    Sharks
    Roosters

Reni Maitua signs for one season with Cronulla Sharks to play under Stuart
    By staff writers

January 02, 2009 RENI Maitua has ended speculation over his future by signing a one-year deal with the Cronulla Sharks.

The 26-year-old was sacked by the Bulldogs last December after a chequered stint at the club which was characterised by several misdemeanours.

It is believed that the opportunity to play under Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart was a factor in Maitua's decision - along with a preference to remain in Sydney.

His signature ends weeks of speculation in which four clubs were rumoured to be chasing him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html

Seams to indicate the sharks will now finally complete the process of sacking Bird
    BRISBANE BRONCOS PREMIERS '92 '93 '97 '98 '00 '06 '09

North Queensland Cowboys have signed Shannon Hegarty for 2009

January 23, 2009 NORTH Queensland have signed former Queensland Origin and Australian representative Shannon Hegarty for season 2009.

Hegarty has played 168 NRL games, three Origin games for Queensland and three test matches for Australia and was recently released by Souths.

Hegarty had wanted to move back to North Queensland where he played much of his junior football. He also has a solid relationship with coach Neil Henry who played a big part in his early development.

Hegarty has also indicated that reigniting his relationship with strength and conditioning coach Billy Johnstone, who he worked with on a Kangaroo tour, is a major factor behind his move.

Chief executive Peter Parr was pleased to have secured Hegarty for the 2009 line-up.

"A player of Shannon?s experience and ability will be a valuable asset to the club," Parr says.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html

The Cowboys keep building strength.... I'm starting to picture them in the finals again

SOUTHS RE-SIGN LUKE AND CHAMPION

South Sydney made a return to Redfern Oval earlier today and they received a massive boost with Issac Luke and Beau Champion re-signing with the Rabbitohs.

The news of Luke and Champion remaining at Souths was announced by Chief Executive Shane Richardson at the Rabbitohs trial match against Wests Tigers at Redfern Oval, which was a Members Only event.

Richardson said, "We are delighted to announce the re-signing of both Beau and Issac today," Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said prior to the Return to Redfern trial match at Redfern Oval.

"Both of these players have developed into regular first graders at South Sydney, with Issac going on to represent his country and to win a World Cup.

"We saw them both as important parts of this Club's future and we are delighted to announce their contract extensions in front of our Members at Redfern Oval today."

The retention of Luke is massive news for the Rabbitohs as he was being courted by several clubs with the Roosters in particular linked to the star hooker.

Luke established himself in 2008 as one of the outstanding dummy halves in the game and now firmly alongside Cameron Smith, Danny Buderus (now at Leeds), Michael Ennis and Robbie Farah as the top five hookers in the world today.

Speaking at the Souths Members Day, Luke said, "I love playing here at the Rabbitohs and I'm very happy to be here for the next three years.

"These guys are like brothers to me and it's an honour to pull on the South Sydney jersey each week."

Champion is a local Rabbitohs junior coming from the South Eastern Seagulls club and came of age in the 2008 season establishing himself in the centres after making his first grade debut in 2005. Champion's excellent season was capped off winning the Souths Clubman of the Year award.

The 23-year-old said, "I've always wanted to play for South Sydney and to have the opportunity to do so for the next three seasons is a dream come true.
    "I'm a South Sydney junior and it's every kids dream to play in the NRL, and for me to be able to do that and play for my Club the Rabbitohs is truly an honour."

Souths in their return to Redfern Oval fielded an inexperienced side and despite that nearly defeated the more seasoned Wests Tigers with the 2005 premiers emerging 30-26 victors.

The day was a huge success for the Rabbitohs as Redfern Oval has been refurbished into a fine training facility, which will also be used for the Junior Representative sides that Souths will field along with one trial match a year.

Biographies

ISSAC LUKE
    DOB: 29 May 1987
    Junior Club: Hawera Hawks
    Position: Hooker
    Height: 174cm
    Weight: 84kg
    Rep Honours: Six Tests for NZ 2008; one game for NZ All Golds 2008; NZ under 16s 2002; Junior Kiwis 2004, 2005
    First Grade debut: Rabbitohs vs Storm, Olympic Park, 2/6/07, Round 12
    NRL Games: 34
    NRL Tries: 8
    NRL Goals: 44
    NRL Points: 120
    Awards: Rabbitohs' John Sattler Rookie of the Year award 2007
    New Zealand Rugby League's International Rookie of the Year award 2008

BEAU CHAMPION
    DOB: 23 December 1986
    Junior Club: South Eastern Seagulls
    Position: Utility back
    Height: 186cm
    Weight: 96kg
    Rep Honours: Australian Junior Kangaroos 2005
    First Grade debut: Rabbitohs vs Sharks, Aussie Stadium, 8/7/05, Round 18
    NRL Games: 35
    NRL Tries: 8
    NRL Goals: 5
    NRL Points: 42
    Awards: Souths Cares award for services to the community 2007
    Rabbitohs' Clubman of the Year award 2008

Source: http://www.souths.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titan CEO

AUSTRALIAN Test star Ryan Hoffman has signed a new four-year deal at Melbourne Storm which will keep him at the club until the end of 2012.

Hoffman, 25, made his Storm debut in 2003 and has played 129 NRL games for the club.

-melbournestorm.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    AUSTRALIAN Test star Ryan Hoffman has signed a new four-year deal at Melbourne Storm which will keep him at the club until the end of 2012.

Hoffman, 25, made his Storm debut in 2003 and has played 129 NRL games for the club.

-melbournestorm.com.au

Anouther good retention by the storm... they seam to have a strong core group now locked in for a while

Plus back to souths two very good re-signings there as well... Issak luke is the best kiwi hooker I've seen for a while, there's no surprise in my mind that they went onto win the world cup with him there.

Sam Thaiday re-signs with Brisbane Broncos until 2011

Sam Thaiday has re-signed with Brisbane Broncos until at least 2011, ending specualtion that the 23-year-old was headed elsewhere.

The Queensland and Australia representative had been linked with a move away from the Broncos in recent weeks, but said he was delighted to stay in Brisbane.

"I am very happy to be staying here at the Broncos for another two years," said Thaiday.

"While there are always other options to consider, in the back of my mind I always wanted to stay here."

Broncos? chief executive Bruno Cullen said the club was glad to again have the forward under an extended contract.

"It is particularly pleasing to have Sam here for at least another two years," said Cullen.

"He?s an established member of the NRL squad, is very much a senior player here now, and also an established Origin player."

Thaiday has played 81 games for Brisbane and has represented Queensland on six occasions.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

Benji Marshall - Tigers - Till 2011
    Billy Slater - Storm - Till 2012

Billy Slater signs new deal with Melbourne to stay at club until 2012
    March 12, 2009
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25176190-23214,00.html

Star Melbourne Storm full-back Billy Slater has agreed to a new contract which will keep him at the NRL club until the end of 2012.

The retention of Slater is another coup for the Storm, who have also signed skipper Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis and Cooper Cronk as well as coach Craig Bellamy to new deals in recent months.

Melbourne chief executive Brian Waldron said the Storm were delighted to have retained the full-back, who was voted the world's best rugby league player last year.

Waldron said Slater, 26, could have earned more money by switching codes or going to a rival league club in Australia or England.

"Cooper (Cronk) started it last year when he said publicly how important it was to remain here and they have followed suit," Waldron said on Thursday.

Slater said there had been interest in his services from other clubs, but he enjoyed living in Melbourne and there was more he wanted to achieve with the Storm.

"You've got to weigh up a lot more than money, you have to weigh up being happy," he said.

"It's a successful club here with a lot of my mates."
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

The news of Benji and Billy resigning to the Tigers and Storm and rugby league is fantastic news!

Over the last week I had forgotten what good news feels like, so I am savouring this news. We didn't need any speculation ruining our year.

And we can enjoy Benji and Billy for years to come!