Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

I believe a PayPal style call for donations would be far more lucrative!
    What it WON'T do is get the sort of attention putting it on ebay has pulled, and that's what they were after. Even if it does go to someone overseas, it'll be a novelty and other than a possible name change, it'll probably remain with the same management team running it.

If it was a paypal call for donations, it would never have hit the Courier Mail.

Yea you are absolutely right Steve. I was going to mention that but forgot.

It has been in the SMH and Canberra Times. It's pretty surreal to read about Serbian rugby league in mainstream Australia media!

I've always wanted to sponsor a team in a developing nation and have my face on the jersey as sponsorship, giving the thumbs up like Steve-O from Jackass.

JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans First Grader

Great publicity for the club. If they can pay $200 in advertising and get 3000 through the gates why not do that for every game? Lets hope someone with a few quid to spare bids the highest for the club as its obvious they're looking for investment and not just a teenager with no more change in his pocket. Maybe Russ Crowe can get them a million dollars each from the american bailout

Hello Titans, I am president and person that put our club on ebay. I must thank you all for your support, rugby league is the greatest game of all and people in other countries deserve a chance to see it/ play it. Game has a great future but only if development is from grassroot level and if youth is involved.

Another reason why I registered is Natalis comment
    I was gonna say - I'm half Croatian, can I be an owner? I'm sure they'd love that! LOL.. I don't care about that stuff but they probably would.
    People always started wars because of the politics of the few, not because they have something against each other. 99% of Serbs don't have anything against Croats.

anywho next year will be top 8.

Welcome, Vuk!

Hopefully you'll stick around on the forum, we've got a few international members, it's great to get the updates on what is happening overseas. We even had someone giving some updates on rugby league in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by VukPopovic View Post
    Hello Titans, I am president and person that put our club on ebay. I must thank you all for your support, rugby league is the greatest game of all and people in other countries deserve a chance to see it/ play it. Game has a great future but only if development is from grassroot level and if youth is involved.
    Hi VukPopovic!

It's amazing that you signed up to the Titans forum. You must be very well informed on rugby league in Australia!

Having rugby league in Serbia is certainly something we are very proud about and we have people like you to thank for it!

Hopefully we can find new ways for Australian, New Zealand and English rugby league fans to support Serbian rugby league, because we understand how a little goes a long way especially when combined with how fantastic the game is.

The World Cup in Australia is very likely to make a lot of money that can be used for not only the nations competing but the entire rugby league world.

Things also seem to be getting stronger in Malta and Greece, so more interational competition will be good for Serbia.

I think rugby league in Australia/NZ/Pacific could learn a lot from the RLEF.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thank you for all nice words. The hard truth is that only strong domestic competition will raise the level of international game. Serbia is doing it the right way and result against Russia shows an improvement.

ps. if I win a lottery I am visiting you guys on Gold Coast so we can watch RLWC together. only problem is that i don't play lottery.

You guys won't believe who bought the Serbian team....

Andrew Johns!!! They're talking about it on the Footy Show right now. Was $510 or something like that. Bastard stole our team

According to the ebay listing, 'rugbyluke04' from the UK won the bid.

If that happen's to be Joey, it could be a huge coup for the Serbian RL if he decided to devote some time to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    According to the ebay listing, 'rugbyluke04' from the UK won the bid.

If that happen's to be Joey, it could be a huge coup for the Serbian RL if he decided to devote some time to the cause.
    I don't think Joey would use his actual name.. and maybe it's a rellie or something. I don't know. But that's what they said on the Footy Show.

Hello Titans

I must tell you I am little disappointed since I never got any response from a winning bidder which proved to be somebody just playing around. Anyhow my dream since I first watched footy show was to have my team featured on program. I can not exxpress what this means to all of us!!!

We will begin to sell shares of the club to investors, it will become first "virtualy run" rugby league club. For small ammount, every "owner" will have voting rights on many issues including training and gameplay. Sort of real world rugby league managment game.

We all now follow RLWC closly our shield SRL cup game is in 2 weeks time against a new club Kolubara.

All the best

That's disappointing to hear, but also good to see it's not slowing you down!

With any luck Serbia will make the next world cup.

Titans First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by VukPopovic View Post
    Hello Titans

I must tell you I am little disappointed since I never got any response from a winning bidder which proved to be somebody just playing around. Anyhow my dream since I first watched footy show was to have my team featured on program. I can not exxpress what this means to all of us!!!

We will begin to sell shares of the club to investors, it will become first "virtualy run" rugby league club. For small ammount, every "owner" will have voting rights on many issues including training and gameplay. Sort of real world rugby league managment game.

We all now follow RLWC closly our shield SRL cup game is in 2 weeks time against a new club Kolubara.

All the best

The last time i looked the highest bidder was only ?300 i think which to me would be much to low for your club. I think the share's idea is a good one, its works here in England with a lower league football teams. What price will you be offering shares at?