Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    but I said it would be ridiculous if they were sacked IF there were no charges laid against them
    I still don't know how ridiculous it would be, they were still going on a pub crawl during the finals series. That's a huge issue. But they won't be cut, don't worry. They're rep players, not fringe players, they'll only discipline fringe players.

Junior Titan

Looks like a coffs harbour or anthony laffranchi situation all over again. someone trying to cash in on someone elses fame and money.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

If it wasnt the fianls they would be stood down untill this was all delt with but its the finals so they will be there this week....

hey i think its a bit strange that shes gone into the guys bathroom and only after talking to friends and family shes gone to the cops. ive seen those boys out b4 in clubs and the amount of girls that hang off them its shocking. but hey if they have done something wrong as much as i reckon hunt is awesome
    they should get charged. but too many things rnt consistant in the stories

Quote Originally Posted by hicksey View Post
    hey i think its a bit strange that shes gone into the guys bathroom and only after talking to friends and family shes gone to the cops. ive seen those boys out b4 in clubs and the amount of girls that hang off them its shocking. but hey if they have done something wrong as much as i reckon hunt is awesome
    they should get charged. but too many things rnt consistant in the stories
    And remember, not all the facts will make it to the public and alot of others that do may not be correct,
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy Half View Post
    I cant believe an article would go into such details about it.
    Seems pretty irresponsible considering no ones been charged.
    Surely there would be legal ramifications for printing such things?

hahaha thats suggesting media integrity.

Mate don't get too worried about what you read in the papers. I had that lesson drilled back in recently with the Bird incident.

Paul Kent had an article with the headline that Bird had played his last game for Cronulla, and from his opening paragraphs you were left believing in no uncertain terms that the club had torn up Bird's contract. Then you come across the only quotes from the Sharks which is the CEO saying that he'd been stood down and no further action would, or legally could, be taken until the club had spoken with Bird and he'd had his day in court.

Truth and fact play no part in journalism where Rugby League is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Not the best preparation a club needs before playing the Storm!

I?m pretty disappointed as the game of rugby league has been suffering from this sort of bad publicity brought about by numerous misbehaviours over the year. The conduct that?s been alleged is not acceptable. However, at this stage, I won?t cast judgement on anyone until investigations have been completed by the club and the police (and if it takes its course through a Court system).

Go the Mighty Broncos!

September 17th, 2008

BRONCOS boss Bruno Cullen yesterday revealed he spoke with senior police as it emerged it could take a month to decide whether charges will be laid over an alleged sex scandal.

As both the police and internal club investigations continued, it is understood no player would be stood down until the police investigation was completed, and that could be after the grand final.

The three players, who cannot be named for legal reasons, refused to comment yesterday as the team went through a light training session at its Red Hill base.

Cullen last night released a statement saying he had met senior officers and the club would ensure all player witnesses gave evidence.

Police Minister Judy Spence yesterday urged people not to pre-judge the trio and warned it would 'take another couple of weeks' to conclude the investigation.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed three Brisbane Broncos players at the centre of the police investigation have not gone through the club's new social development program.

Griffith University Sports College manager Michael Jeh -- the co-creator of the Skool Project -- said the accused trio had not attended his 16-week life skills workshop because they were too old.

"They were all regular first-graders when we started the course and we were focusing more on the younger players," said Mr Jeh, a former professional cricketer.

"We put through 30 athletes every year and they range in all different age groups but mainly in the 18-21 ages. We deliberately target younger athletes."

Mr Jeh's workshop is supported by the Gold Coast Titans and the Broncos, and backed by the Queensland Government.

"The Broncos were at the front of the queue when we started the workshop," he said.

"Ben Ikin (former Bronco) and myself designed the course after we had met for a coffee one day and read another story about bad behaviour.

"We started whinging about it and realised we had both been professional athletes so maybe we could help do something about it."

The workshops have been running for two years and attempt to teach life skills to aspiring athletes.

"We meet every Wednesday night and touch on skills like money, suicide and depression, how to behave at nightclubs and basically how to behave as a decent human being," said Mr Jeh.

Meanwhile, University of NSW media professor Catharine Lumby, who sits on the NRL education and welfare committee, said there needed to be serious consequences for players who did the wrong thing.

Prof Lumby, who also works with Rape Crisis NSW, said the league would never be able to stop individuals from behaving badly.

She does believe players attitudes in general toward women are improving.

Default David gallop is a tool.

I don't know what's going on with this whole thing, but what i do know is I am sick and tired of all the usual BS rhetoric about player behaviour and responsibility. See article below.

When will the NRL stop acting as if the players are kids who need to be parented by clubs? Pull your head out of your a$$ David Gallop, finally grow a set and stop talking and start acting. While you're at it give us the whole draw for 2009 in advance. Or at least tender your resignation so someone can actually take charge of the NRL.

ps sorry for getting off topic, but I'm sick of Gallop. He is a tool.

Broncos sex claim has NRL boss David Gallop seeing red

By staff writers

September 17, 2008 11:15am
    Article from: NEWS.com.au

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

* Claims fourth Broncos player involved in sex scandal
    * NRL says clubs must act to stop player alcohol abuse
    * Trendy nightclub bans footy players

THE NRL has run out of patience over repeated unsavoury incidents as claims emerge of a fourth Broncos player involved in the alleged sexual assault in a Queensland night club.

Broadcaster and rugby league commentator Ray Hadley this morning told 2GB listeners a fourth player filmed the incident involving a 24-year-old woman in the Alhambra Lounge in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Previously it was thought that only three players were involved.

"A fourth unnamed player filmed the incident," Hadley said.

"That's when the young lady started to object."

The NRL is awaiting the outcome of a police investigation into Brisbane players Karmichael Hunt, Sam Thaiday and Darius Boyd.

NRL chief David Gallop blames coaches and their clubs for giving players free licence to put themselves at risk during lengthy drinking sessions on their days off.

He believes a "see you on Monday" culture has developed following Friday night games, causing immeasurable damage to rugby league's reputation.

"The reward for winning can't be long drinking sessions," Mr Gallop said.

"Clubs must have a seven-day-a-week approach, otherwise the usual strict rules are pointless.

"Clubs need to change that reward system. Clubs have, literally, all these guys' time in their hands. They control their every waking moment, what they eat, what they do.

"And it flies in the face of that to then have these periods where they don't monitor them."

While he maintained players were ultimately responsible for their behaviour, Mr Gallop said the green light given by clubs was sending the wrong message to players.

His threat comes as the NRL awaits the outcome of a police investigation into Brisbane players Karmichael Hunt, Sam Thaiday and Darius Boyd.

A sexual harassment complaint was filed against the Brisbane trio after a booze-fuelled evening in Brisbane last Saturday.

The Queensland police minister has urged the Brisbane public to assume innocence and cheer their team.

The Broncos had flown back to Brisbane earlier in the day after being denied a night out in Sydney following their Friday night finals win over Sydney Roosters.

It was revealed the three players stayed out drinking for more than six hours after a woman complained they had sexually assaulted her in the toilet of a Brisbane nightclub.

As the club continues to bunker down during one of the biggest crises in its history, the players have told Broncos management they are innocent of any wrongdoing.

- The Daily Telegraph has learned the 24-year-old woman had been celebrating last Saturday afternoon at a hen's party before going to the trendy Alhambra Lounge.

Police are investigating claims the woman entered the male toilets at the nightclub with the three Broncos at about 8pm (AEST)and engaged in various sex acts which were recorded on a mobile phone.

The woman later left the toilet and told a friend about the alleged incident. Her parents were contacted and the incident was reported to police, who established a crime scene at the venue in McLachlan Street.

The Broncos have started their own investigation and will be looking at all aspects of the bender, which started with players meeting at the Story Bridge Hotel on Saturday afternoon.

It is believed some players were still on the town at 3am on Sunday even though the Broncos were still alive in the NRL finals series.

now lockyer is meant to tackled a manager of a hotel that same night....
    anyone else think the storm are paying soem ppl here? :P

I'm with you C-Whiz...Gallop has finally lost me...surely the players are allowed to make there own choices on the weekend (after the game)...some players drink and some don't.

Gallop is way out of touch with the culture of rugby League and the Australian way of life.

We all fight for freedom...and Gallop is making himself the enemy.

Its be released that the 3 ppl involed should know by this friday wheather they will be charged or not..

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Its be released that the 3 ppl involed should know by this friday wheather they will be charged or not..
    yeh bro, i also heard this yesterday on the news, but i thought that it was by today (wednesday)... its funny how a week ago, it was going to take weeks and now all of a sudden that the donkeys are OUT - yep thats right they LOST - of the finals, they get to learn their fate much quicker..

bull***t politics if u ask me.
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

And after the police make they mind up they have ask the DPP also to have a 2nd look at it......

apparantly on the mobile phone they seized from one of the players it shows "people" on there in the bathroom taking drugs.

although it doesn't say who,It could be some bloke in the background for all we know