Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    apparantly on the mobile phone they seized from one of the players it shows "people" on there in the bathroom taking drugs.

although it doesn't say who,It could be some bloke in the background for all we know
    hahahaah you beat me to it Paul i heard that as well on my way into work .... i know there are a few players that do it and im waiting to see if they name the one player i know does it .......cant wait to see who they name or if they do name them

it just gets worse and worse for this team!.....you know what would top off this teams yr .....if they offer Money Bill Williams a contract hahahaha
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

VIDEO footage on a mobile phone seized from one of three Broncos players involved in a sexual assault investigation allegedly shows drug use.

The Australian reported that Queensland police are believed to be preparing to widen their investigation into the alleged sexual assault of a woman in a Brisbane nightclub toilet on September 13 after discovering the footage on one of the rugby league players' mobiles.

It is understood that the footage shows suspected drug use, although sources told the newspaper police have yet to determine the identities of those who are believed to have been captured on the video.
    Read more on the new Broncos claim

DPP may look at case

A SEXUAL assault investigation involving three Broncos could go to the Director of Public Prosecutions to insulate police against possible bias claims.

Police Commissioner Bob Atkinson yesterday said "regardless of the outcome" all evidence could be sent to an outside body for advice.

Mr Atkinson said that would ensure the public had confidence in the police department's final decision.

"I'm not saying it's likely, but it's possible.

"So it may be that if I choose to do that, and again that would be because of the public interest and the importance of public confidence in the determination that is made, that we wouldn't be in a position to give you a conclusion until that was done," he said.

The State Opposition seized on the move as a "slap in the face" for experienced detectives who had the "capacity and background experience to make a determination".

"I think it's a case that the Minister and the Police Commissioner don't have faith in the detectives who have spent years in the police force," acting justice spokesman Mark McArdle said.

A Queensland Law Society spokesman said police often sent matters to the DPP for a second opinion. "The Police Commissioner is following proper procedure," he said.

Queensland Council for Civil Liberties vice-president Terry O'Gorman supported the move, saying officers involved could feel pressure to lay charges to justify their investigation.

"We support, in high-profile cases that attract a degree of controversy, for a decision to prosecute to be made by the DPP.

"It simply gives an arm's-length degree of independence to the charging process," Mr O'Gorman said.

A woman, 24, alleges three Broncos players assaulted her in a disabled toilet at the Alhambra Lounge in Fortitude Valley on September 13.

The investigation is expected to be completed within a week.

Michael Wray

Default Karmichael Hunt gets the boot from his girlfriend

HIS club is in the grip of a sex scandal and his team bombed out of the NRL finals. Now Bronco Karmichael Hunt has been dumped by his girlfriend.
    Hunt has been kicked to the kerb by his glamour girlfriend Emma Harding - an inner-city receptionist who met Hunt through her brother, Brisbane Lions player Scott Harding.

"She is a very smart and beautiful girl but perhaps a bit naive," said one insider who confirmed the split.

"Karmichael made an effort to patch things up but it was a bit too late."

Emma, who works at a Brisbane office services company, has taken a week off work to deal with the break-up and is spending some down time in Fiji.

"She is really distraught by the whole thing. She has been receiving flowers from friends and family but just decided to take the week off to escape things," Confidential's spy said.

But it seems Emma may have anticipated some media interest in her break-up with the footy stud. Soon after breaking the news to her party-loving beau, she removed all pictures of herself from her Facebook page.

Meanwhile, the split was the talk of the Brownlow Medal ceremony in Melbourne on Monday night because of Emma's connection to the Lions.

Her brother Scott, a Lions midfielder, was in the same grade as Hunt at Churchie.

A rep for the Broncos wouldn't comment on the split, although one club insider said few were aware Hunt had a girlfriend.

As for the man in question, Hunt was uncontactable yesterday as it is understood he is no longer in possession of his mobile phone.
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...016380,00.html

Is that what passes for journalism these days? Sheesh!
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky