Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Looks like that is it. Australia's dominance is over...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

Another simple error followed by a stupid penalty, the Aussies can't get any worse.

QLD Cup Titan

I can't believe that the New Zealand Warriors have never looked at Brian McLennan as their head coach.

QLD Cup Titan

NZ have run out emphatic 24-0 winners. The Aussies turned in a very inept & embarrassing performance but full credit to Brian McLennan & his squad for ending Australia's three decades of rugby league dominance.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

New Zealand 24 Australia 0
    New Zealand has broken Australia's 27-year stranglehold on international rugby league by thumping the Kanagaroos in the overnight Tri-Nations final at Elland Road.

The Kiwis ran in four tries to nil against an error-riddled Australia, which lost its first series since 1978.
    It was New Zealand's first-ever win against Australia on British soil in seven attempts, and also the first time in 20 years the Kangaroos have been held scoreless in a rugby league international. New Zealand beat Australia 18-0 in Auckland in 1985.

Centre Paul Whatuira gave New Zealand a 4-0 lead four minutes into tonight's final before Manu Vatuvei crossed twice in the 21st and 26th minutes to give New Zealand a 16-0 lead.

Halfback Stacey Jones, who only flew back from Auckland yesterday after returning home for the birth of his third child, missed all three conversions in the first half, but added two penalties before the break.

Fullback Brent Webb extended New Zealand's lead to 22 points 12 minutes into the second half, before Jones added another penalty six minutes later.

NEW ZEALAND: 24 (M Vatuevi 2, P Whatuira, B Webb; S Jones 4 goals)
    AUSTRALIA: 0
    Elland Road, Leeds.
    Honestly, I can't wait for this year to be over, and let Australia get back to it's great sporting self!

QLD Cup Titan

Who would've picked at the start of the year that the one Aussie sporting side to have success would've been the Socceroos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipswich Fan
    Who would've picked at the start of the year that the one Aussie sporting side to have success would've been the Socceroos.
    The Australian Sporting world has turned upside-down..... It's just AMAZING that everything we should have won, we lost.

Are we getting too c0cky?

QLD Cup Titan

A combination of things, ****iness is probably one plus the fact that the rest of the world are starting to catch us. Compared to most countries in the world we only have a small population base which makes it a miracle that we can be so good in so many sports. You look, our cricket side have dominated for a decade, our rugby league side for three plus in that time we have also been up at the top in rugby union, netball & had two males at the top of the tennis world, as much as it hurts we just can't keep dominating all these sports.

Don't forget the swimming team and the fact that our Aussie Girl won Bronze at the Gymnastics the other night! It could be that 2007 is the start of the reign of Australian "underdogs", here's hoping we all have new international sports to cheer for!

QLD Cup Titan

Two more sports which i'd forgotten about which further prove my point. The ARL have to come home & seriously think about what went wrong on that tour & address it. I think that this will add further spice to next year's Tri-Nations although down here i think the British will struggle to compete more than what they did in the series just completed.

Titan Club Captain

Go The Kiwis

Well Kimmeh said that yesterday... and well done to the Kiwis and to Brian McClennan.. that was a very strong performance and they were a much better side on the day... I guess you can't win them all.. and hey it has been a good run.. we will just have to cop this one of the chin.. we just weren't good enough.

CONGRATS KIWIS FOR SHOWING THE RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE WINNING TEAM IN THE COMP..

I like to see the kiwis win every now and then because it gets boring with Australia winning all the time. congrats to the Kiwis

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    I like to see the kiwis win every now and then because it gets boring with Australia winning all the time. congrats to the Kiwis
    I agree. Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.
    The only real problem that I have is that we lost to the 'Kiwis' lol.
    " Bourbon is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy ".

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Well Kimmeh said that yesterday... and well done to the Kiwis and to Brian McClennan.. that was a very strong performance and they were a much better side on the day... I guess you can't win them all.. and hey it has been a good run.. we will just have to cop this one of the chin.. we just weren't good enough.

CONGRATS KIWIS FOR SHOWING THE RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE WINNING TEAM IN THE COMP..
    LOL...it aint Kimmeh no more, its KIMMSTA haha