Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Can we make the legion, in the center of the ground, does it have to be section 30?

thats my contribution, greed, pure and simple, i want more for less

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Hey coaster I m with you.... orrr lets take it one step further... lets have the right to stand next to the ref at any stage of the game... or any player of our choosing... see now there you go... some good suggestions coming through now....

Here's to 2015

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

people next yrs legion memberships i hear are going to be alot cheaper then last yr to try and promote it ...but dont take my word for it just be ready when the memberships come out
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

I would rather pay more for seats that are in the center of the western stand, then get a rubber helmet.

Why cant the legion be in the center ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

yeh true true .....and then we might get our volume around more of the field
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

If people are buying legion memberships for cheap seats or good views then you might not get just the fanatics, which would be a shame I think. A problem I think this year is that a lot of people have bought tickets for bay 30 without knowing what it means, which is why we have to shoo away opposition supporters and we get some church mice fans behind us. A vetting process would be unweildy, sure, but there has to be some way of making clear that there are some expectations for that section.

And for all you fellas around the ground who I'm sure are just as dedicated fans, it seems to me, and others I'm sure, that you are not infrequently the exceptions. Really, all I'm saying is if we get a full bay going with the intensity of the 3 rows we have now, whether it means anything or not, it'll be really freaking great. It'll highlight how this is a growing supporter base, not resting on its laurels and slowly dying like most of the Sydney clubs.

The thing is with our location that we are GA(for the first 12 rows or whatever it is) so if you are feeling under the weather or have the little ones with you it can easily be swapped for a seat a few rows up.

When the warriors played at skilled this season my two little nephews came along with my dad and we sat ten rows up and the view was fantastic,Much better than I had expected.

Part of the lure to the legion as well is we have close access to our players and the opposition on numerous occasions through the game to give out support or abuse.Thats the real beauty of where the legion are located.It wouldn't be anywhere near as effective on the 50 metre line.

You know what... its amaizing how even people snapping back and forth at each other can bring an idea.......

I m copyrighting this one (paul...... ).... but will say more once I double check something (and i dont mean to sound like a tosser) but my point is to keep your ideas coming because between us all we will come up with the perfect model...... umm no boys I dont mean as im Model.. I mean model....

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    umm no boys I dont mean as im Model..
    I should be a model.
    A face this beautiful should be shared with the world.

Just something that you may not have considered, but as far as getting sponsorship and special Legion clothing made, well, the club and there sponsors make a lot of income from people like us buying their jerseys with their sponsors already on it. They probably won't be quite as enthusiastic about chipping away at their profit stream as you are by subsidising an alternative jersey to wear with alternative sponsors.

Just a thought..

So, getting back to cheap airfares and who would be entitled to them, well my suggestion would be for Jetstar/Titans to put together package deals, which include cheap flights, tickets and possibly accomodation. That will keep it among Titans fans wanting to go to the footy. They'll have to do a lot better than the current Manly offer though, IMO for fans to feel they are getting good value.

Hi everyone. Well I'm glad everyone has pretty much kept a level head in this debate.

I think people should not read into these ideas being proposed and taking them as fact.

The idea of discount flights is a great idea, for all Titans fans. An idea that discount flights would simply be offered to Legion members is silly and wont ever happen.

Truth be we don't really need a sponsor, we have the support of the club and they have offered to help fund some banners for us. The reason many other fan groups in rugby league have sponsors is because they don't work as closely with the club unfortunately.

The idea of shirts is a great idea, it would help The Legion gain greater profile. Many other clubs in the NRL have shirts organised for their fan groups. I have proposed the idea to the club, so we will see what happens. Either it will be part of the package or offered seperate.

I don't really see a pressing need for them, but its a good idea. It may start to make us seem seperate or elitist. Personally Id prefer and always have to wear Titans regular merchandise and lots of it.

Maybe the introduction of such merchandise would have its negatives.

But personally my chosen gear would be a Titans jersey with 30, DIEHARD up top and LEGION down below.

I went through the shirt idea with the Roo Crew, but it was always better to see fans wear Kangaroos merchandise.

The cost of the Legion will be reduced in 2009. $250 for an adult, $208 for a concession and $143 for a Junior with a helmet and sword.

We will be shooting for 214 members or the first 14 rows. Which would be spectacular.

The Legion is primarily Section 30 along with our Southern game rally points and it has to be. It's our brand and identity. It sums up what we do and what we are. We can't forfeit it, it would hurt Section 30. We'd be foolish to throw it away. Section 30 needs its identity, The Legion. We'd be so much weaker without it.

But that doesnt mean that in general conversation masses of passionate Titans fans cant be referred to as the Legions of Titans fans, much like any concerntration of Dragons fans are labelled the Dragons Army or with Souths The Burrow.

The Legion group is probably one of the best models for a supporter group in the NRL. With GA seats in a modern stadium in Queensland, behind the posts and with provisions to allow flags and banners and drums.

Also I have always been careful not for the Legion to seem elitist, we just like meeting new fans, getting loud and being able to have flags and banners. I certainly don't think Im better than any other type of Titans fan and in any media I have always been careful to state that we arent the be all end all for Titans support, but we are the cheerleaders and engine room.

Any rumours that we are hated or disliked are greatly exaggerated. I have enjoyed nothing but great feedback from the countless fans around our area and on the train. Even if people aren't part of it, they can enjoy it vicariously.

Think of us as the goal keeper of crowd support. Pretty much the goal of Legionnaries is to encourage other Titans fans to get into the footy loud and proud. And we want that stadium wide.

I have often been quoted as saying that we want a 27,500 strong army of Titans fans.

So don't sweat it guys, we are all one big happy Titans family and always will be.

The Legion is just part of the family, I certainly think of Whiz, Davo, Pete, Shamus, Coaster, Des and everyone else in other sections as part of the posse.

We wont always get all the fanatics, because a lot of mad keen Titans fans have waited so long for their team and they love to enjoy their footy like fine wine in the best seats in the house. But also we never did say that The Legion was where all the passionate fans are and if you aren't part of it, you are a lesser fan.

We really see that if we can get Secton 30 pumping, hopefully the passion and noise can spread through the entire stadium.
    TITANS v KNIGHTS TICKETS!

CLICK HERE TO BUY

Well, what a mess this has turned into... if i remember correctly, i started this thread as a way to make a postive move forward into 2009 and beyond... not once did i mention that it was for section 30 only....

i class a LEGION fan as someone who will support the team in good times and bad, will wear the colours during the season and the off season...

so i really dont care too much where u sit at skilled or even where u may live, because at the end of the day. WE ARE ALL TITANS FANS!!!!!

so taking some lyrics from the potbelleez -
    "TOGETHER, WE ARE STRONGER AS ONE, ARE YOU WITH ME!"

i also believe that if there was a shirt/jersey developed, i am very strongly against having the number 30 on it at all.... that is jsut seperating the fans and that is not the intended idea what so ever!!!!!!!!

at the end of the day, i would like to see a larger supporter group / legion - whatever you want to call it - unifide in suppporting the team that we love so "JETSTAR GOLD COAST TITANS"

so please, stop attacking each other and let work together and move forward, dont you think that the game is enough trouble as it is without turning on each other.....

hopefully tomorrow there will some positive things to read....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

the thing with the shirt
    they all sit 2gether as one. thats was makes it look so good, all u see if a big group of ppl wearing the same top. n they always on camera

I don't see many advantages in deluting the term The Legion to become some generic name for Titans fans.

It's the name of the supporter bay, that is our core business. It's a rally point.

Setting up a supporter group in the NRL is a hard thing. But luckily we have the club's support and we have spent a lot of time and effort to set up the best model from looking at dozens of other groups.

The sort of support we are trying to cultivate is pretty rare in the NRL, especially in Queensland and in our new modern stadiums.

Our goal should be trying to recruit and fill Section 30. And then from there we can look at ways to continue to expand. We need to concerntrate in one section and make it a success.

If you give away The Legion mocker, we will struggle for recognition and identity.

At the end of the day, the supporter group needs a name.
    Last edited by Admin Team; 05-08-08 at 02:00 AM.
    TITANS v KNIGHTS TICKETS!

CLICK HERE TO BUY

Brad....... did you not read through the posts..... People on this thread are saying what they think and feel and then you are replying with basically you dont beleive it..... There is built up resentment there and continuing to segregate section 30 will only add to it. There are people out there that just do not want to sit in section 30 because of its location. They enjoy their gold seats or Titanium or where ever they are, but that doesnt stop them from having the same passion for the team as section 30 members do.Having said that I put all of this in an email to you that you havent bothered responding to. So if you are the person who is "Managing" this growth of the fan base then Manage it.............. A good manager never goes blindly forward with his or her own ideas, they never think that there thoughts are more warranted than others.....they take others opinions on board and do not dismiss them.....

Or here is an idea.... how about we all work together ...... and lets get rid of this elitist attitudes...... and the "telling" people how it will be because at the end of the day if thats what section 30 is going to represent then I for one will pull my memberships from there.

I admire and appreciate the work you have done so far but please lets start listening to what others have to say in here.

So if you ban me from the forum for speaking my mind then so be it....... but enough is enough...... lets all move past ego s please and do whats in the best interest of the club and the fans.

Here's to 2015