Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I think 30 is the way to go. I first saw that type of thing with my friends in the Chook Pen having their Bay number on their jerseys. But back then I didnt even really have a club to support, let alone a special bay to glorify.

I think if we want to be also known as the "loud" section for all, we need to also push our section number.

We can also certainly include year numbers somewhere as well and collect them all.

I was actually already going to get DIEHARD "30" LEGION on my jersey, so Im happy others were thinking the same.
    Last edited by Admin Team; 03-08-08 at 06:40 PM.
    TITANS v KNIGHTS TICKETS!

CLICK HERE TO BUY

i rkn just the number 30
    i think should a a design on the front
    witha little legion logo or something on it
    jsut think names are a bit over the top
    this way they are all the same

how about a design for us south guys ahah

You know what... i m actually going to disagree here... OMG I Hear you say.... that is sooo unlike her... .LOL

30 while it represents where we sit at Skilled park firstly does not reflect what the southern Legion do nor does it allow for the possibility of the Legion seats being moved in the stadium. Further to that it doesnt make the shirts a "one off" There is a very good reason why teams change their Jersey each year and thats to make them "one offs" now we could either go the route of changing the design each year or just change the year on the back each year. Further to that if we do end up with a Legion sponsor it may or may not be the same sponsor each year....... So from a sponsors point of view... what is the point of the sponsorship if the members are still wearing the Jerseys form the prevous year with the prevous sponsor on it.

So there you go... thats my opinion... and just like everyone ..... they are entitled to their own.

BY THE WAY... am I going totally nuts or has the name of this thread actually changed overnight.... I know I wasnt drinking last night like some but I was tired... so who knows
    Last edited by GCT_07; 03-08-08 at 06:54 PM.

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    JUST FOR THE RECORD ^

lol yes it was, Not trying to steal your thunder mate

Brad, are the titans memebership team going to be pushing legion memberships for next season?

Paul... its all good mate.. it was misread..... your not that type of guy.... (looking around to see if i should copyright my thought............) ROFL.. just jokes mate

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    Paul. (looking around to see if i should copyright my thought............) ROFL.. just jokes mate

stop that or I'll get number 6 on the back of my legion jersey

Ohhhh god...... why are people soooooo unkind.....

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    ...... why are people soooooo unkind.....

Ok, I'll get Bull or Prestos number instead

maybe 18 or 19
    or even if u could get the club into it
    the bench thing, we are part of the team

maybe the southern legion could get an "away legion" jersey

You could purchase both if you choose to

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    maybe the southern legion could get an "away legion" jersey

You could purchase both if you choose to
    Just what I was gonna say, the teams have an away strip, we just need white shirts for away games. In my experience away supporter's bays are always in the corner, so maybe a #7, it kind of looks like a corner

If it's to be legion member merchandise, then I think it has to be the year on the back. We get a scarf and cap and flag saying what year we're a member, so I think this should follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    If it's to be legion member merchandise, then I think it has to be the year on the back. We get a scarf and cap and flag saying what year we're a member, so I think this should follow suit.

Agreed Agreed Agreed

Here's to 2015

You ?legion? need step back a little. Read back over this thread and have a rethink. I am a gold member and choose to be gold only for the fact that I am happy with where I sit. I have in the past come down and sat near the Legion to watch the Toyota Cup before I head back off to my seat with my family. I would love nothing better then to travel to away games, but like the rest of you I cannot do it for obvious financial reasons. To have an away supporter group ?partially? sponsored would be awesome and would make life easier for a lot more Titans supporters to follow their team up and down the east coast. However it seems the legion has reserved this right for themselves? The game (and Titans supporter base) is a tad bigger then you guys so pull your heads in and think about others and not just yourselves.

OK?.Now I sit back and cop the flack??.

I think there's two thoughts on the "Legion".

One is the people who have memberships in the Legion bay. This is where Legion merchandise (such as our helm and sword this year) would apply, the idea of a Legion jersey/shirt.

But the idea of the Legion was around before the Robina stadium, before we had our own bay. It was the passionate supporter base. And that includes people in other parts of the stadium, people in Sydney, and anywhere else. And I think making travel to away games more affordable is something wanted for all the fans. I'd hope travel packages would be made available to all season members. And I say season members because you couldn't have just anyone grabbing the deals, claiming to be a Titans fan going to an away game when they just wanted a cheap flight.

The ideas here aren't all solely for the Legion. Some would be specific, some would be for all the members, and maybe some for just fans in general.

Personally I'd see the Legion being sponsored as a way of reducing costs of unique merchandise. Discounted airfares and travel packages would relate to members across the stadium, and quite often the Southern Legion is included when talking about the Legion, so this most definitely is not just a bay 30 thing.