Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thumbs up LEGION Think Tank 2009

Am just sitting here watching the start of Super Saturday and they were focusing the camera on the Cronulla Supporters. It appears that the group is sponsored (if this is correct, i hadnt noticed before now) it is obviuosly why so many of them travelled up to Skilled earlier in the year.

So the question is... Where is our sponsor???

I really think that the Titans should maybe looking at this for the '09 season.
    Just think with some sort of funding available, i am sure that we could get a good amount of THE LEGION supporters travelling to the away games. With the amount of noise and support that we give the team at home, just think how much this could help with our away record. With the team knowing that they will have the support with them everywhere they go.. i think this could help them with the mental issues that have seemed to creep into the heads when away.

So with a group booking on both airfairs and accomodation, that should really cut down the prices with maybe THE LEGION sponsor coming up with half the costs. Also there will be plenty of TV coverage for the sponsor involved. Could even have two or more sponsors.. Obviously there would be a main sponsor with then 2nd tier sponsors after that.

This is my thought, so please feel free to jump onboard and respond..

Am going to look at designing a shirt/jersey fro THE LEGION anyways - we have a graphic designer within our mist....

Any ideas on anything said would be greatly appreciated because this is something i myself would love to apart of next season..
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

a Legion jersey would be superb & would look magic if we all worse the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    a Legion jersey would be superb & would look magic if we all worse the same thing
    Yeah Paul, that is atleast where my thinking is coming from. Its the idea that i first had when i heard about THE LEGION.. must say i was dissappointed when that wasnt the case (but have had an awesome time there this year).

I just think that we need to start working on something for '09. If we have a shirt/jersey that was identical, yes it would look awesome. But also it would, i believe, draw a substantial amount of NEW members to THE LEGION.

Yessss.... Yesssssss..... Yessssssss

This is something I have been hinting at for a while now.....HOPING that someone or a few people would see the benifits in it. I even considered sponsoring it myself but that would not be a clever business decision based on the fact that my business is in Brisbane There are 2 stores on the coast, and i have directly asked them when they are going to dip into their pockets to support their local team... and to my HORROR.... the reply was (sit down for this one people)..... I will when the real football team gets here... AFL...... OMG i nearly died and thought there is no bloody way I can allow them to benifit from the Titans... Ohhh yeah I know... bit nasty but to bloody bad....... Mind you the bronco s are probably thinking the same thing about me considering we are 3km s from their stadium

ANYWAY...... Davey, in last weeks titan tv...sorry not the one with the bird form section 4... the one before that.... I sent in this email

"Watching the segment this week I was proud of the work that Sil does in the southern legion. The point that was made is one that I think needs to be looked into further. As it was stated, it means a lot to the players to have those supporters there and other teams certainly do have their supporter groups come to Skilled. I know that a trip is being organized for the Manly game but I wonder whether or not this is something we should be starting to look more seriously into for next year. Maybe with the use of sponsorship, we could have a supporters club who travel to the away games. It could be slightly subsidised and organised in bulk so that seats are all purchased together. I m really not sure how to go about this but I m sure we will see the benefits of it at the Manly game, which by the way the Majority of the Skilled Legion will be attending, as well as others.

Just a thought? let?s get the supporters behind the players regardless of where they are playing"

SO anyway.. the idea is to really bring it all together... there response was that there was someone in there looking into it... they mentioned her name but i dont have it on me at the moment... I wrote it down because I was thinking of contacting her....

I think from there we also need to look at the response that girl from section 4 had..... if she and other fans are of the belief that we are this special supporters group that isnt doing their job... well right now we dont have a "job" we are just normal fans just like everyone else.... so do we want to step up and become more or dont we... Is this a group of people who just want to go to the football and yell and scream and have fun.... or are we a supporters group with backing, following out team around the countryside backing them no matter where they play and really becoming a strength to be reckoned with.

Ohhh goodness I could go on and on and on.... I really shouldnt because Saturday night is paperwork night and I m meant to be working.... I just have so many ideas about this and can see exactly where it can be taken.. that I m actually excited that someone has cottoned on to it....

DAVEYK..... I m behind it 100% and bloody excited about it

Here's to 2015

Good idea to start the ideas rolling now nice & early for next season.

I think another option is have the section 30 part of the crowd segregated next season.No away fans colours in that one bay of the ground so we can build that section up with similar people to the ones who stand with us at the front. How many times this season have the legion been trying to start the crowd going only to be drowned out by away fans sitting right behind us. I don't think it's unfair or unreasonable for this to happen in just one bay,it's supposed to be the "crazy titans" supporters bay so it looks stupid when it's half filled with away fans.

is Rhys the graphic designer you were talking about?

I do remember the email that they read out, didnt know that it came from you though... sorry MAA...

I am goin to sit down with BROOKE and see if she would be interested on coming up with a few designs for a LEGION team strip. I am positive that she will considering that she has only sat in her members seat for, i think, 40mins.

I also believe that the TITANS need to also support the diehard (pardon the punt) supporters. At the same time, we are still a young club and yes i know these things will happen. But without sounding negative, we dont have a good away record, so i think that they need to concentrate on getting the fans to all the games. Of course we would fly JETSTAR (maybe they could even paint a plane in TITANS coulours - thats something i would LOVE to see)

This is getting me excited now...

The sponorship doesnt have to be any of the teams sponsors unless the club states that it does... eg: ABC Brick Sales could maybe jump onboard .... but we may have to sing

Good idea to start the ideas rolling now nice & early for next season.

is Rhys the graphic designer you were talking about?
    NO, Brooke. Didnt even know that Rhys is a graphic designer...

The reason i am suggesting Brooke is that she has just designed a print for a ladies top of a very well known brand and it looks awesome. and with her being football crazy, its a good option.

Leave it with me.... will tie her to the design table (apple mac) if i have too...

Thanks Brooke - YOUR AWESOME......

SING.... SING..... Son you havent gotten me drunk enough to sing... and if you ever do you better wish that you are twice as drunk as me so you cant hear me....ie you ve already passed out

ok..... so lets start looking at this.... and not everything will fall into place but at least it s moving in the right direction....

Ok well my thought straight off the bat is this....obviously we need to contact someone at the club and sit down and go through what their requirements would be, what rules they would have because its obviously their name behind it all and their name is a commodity. They may have special requirements regarding who sponsors or how to approach potential sponsors. But I would think that it would be the place to start.

Wade... hmmmm ok Wade.. you seem to have someone on speeddial.....

Davey as a thought... maybe we could try contacting some of the other clubs to see what they have..... Not all of them would be forthcoming on how to set up a supporters club hey... we might get some useful information.......

But maybe first we speak with the club..... Wade.. Mr Speed Dial...... or maybe I email... what do you think

Here's to 2015

maybe start with an email first. that seem to be the done thing these days.. haha

have to go out for now (2nd part of my bday)

will have a think about thru the night - drinks always help the thinking process..

stay tuned to this space - or is the ball as its slowly starting to roll

Cheers... happy part 2 birthday... ... sorry wont be there to give part 2 birthday hug.... enjoy

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post

Iso i think that they need to concentrate on getting the fans to all the games. Of course we would fly JETSTAR (maybe they could even paint a plane in TITANS coulours - thats something i would LOVE to see)
    I also emailed them the same week gct did about this same thing. At the end of the day our MAJOR sponsor is a domestic airline which can only be a HUGE advantage to us, surely it's not that hard for them to make extremely cheap plane fares for Titan members on game days.The titans don't need to organise the whole trip(like they are with manly) just dirt cheap flights (and I'm not talking about this *up to $99 each way*) stuff because we could get them cheaper online ourselves.It will go a LONG way to getting more people following the team around.

Away matches are so much fun and everyone should try and experience it

Away matches are so much fun and everyone should try and experience it
    Well i for one Paul is one person that would love experience them... yeh could go down by myslef but how boring, i would get arrested most likely... hahaha

jsut imagine 30-50 in a group + plus the southern LEGION all dressed the same and sticking it back to the long standing clubs... basically saying to them

"YES, we may be a young team, but we are here for the LONG term, so dont mess with THE LEGION! "

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post

jsut imagine 30-50 in a group + plus the southern LEGION all dressed the same and sticking it back to the long standing clubs... basically saying to them

"YES, we may be a young team, but we are here for the LONG term, so dont mess with THE LEGION! "
    It would be amazing.I'm getting all fired up just thinking about it now

I went down to sydney by myself and ended up making a whole new bunch of friends from the southern legion and the other G coasters who flew down,It was an instant bond between everyone just like we have in sec 30. Plus if you're a sole traveller once you get to know the regulars who will do these trips you could share accomodation expenses/airport transfers and stuff if you wanted to.
    Last edited by Paul; 02-08-08 at 07:08 PM.

Sounds a great idea.
    We're recognisable by our helmets, but they are a killer to wear on a hot day/night. The Sharks fans jerseys identified them not just as Sharks fans, but as members of their supporter group.

A sponsor to reduce the cost of it all would be even better.
    I'd love to see sponsorship making away games more affordable too, but even if the airline gave us free flights, the taxes and duties for flying are still the majority of the cost.

It would be amazing.I'm getting all fired up just thinking about it now

I went down to sydney by myself and ended up making a whole new bunch of friends from the southern legion and the other G coasters who flew down,It was an instant bond between everyone just like we have in sec 30. Plus if you're a sole traveller once you get to know the regulars who will do these trips you could share accomodation expenses/airport transfers and stuff if you wanted to.
    yeh i agree bro.... i know we still have 5 games left in 2008 - 3 of which i know all of us will be at and then maybe manly for alot of us aswell (wish they would release the date - damn you channel 9) - but this makes me excited for the 2009 season. Especially if we can get this to work.

And as GCT_07 said, getting the ball rolling as early as possible is a great idea.

Here is just another quick thought, maybe we could even have numbers on the back aswell... where you get the choice to pick - but once a number is gone, its gone. Reason being is that with everyone wearing the same stuff, it will make things easier to pick people out in the crowds...

I would take the '7' as its my fav number and am sure that GCT_07 would have the '6' for Matty.