Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

You know, I read something that a European soccer official of some sort pretty much said, welcome to the real world. This is what happens, get over it. This sort of thing happens continually in soccer, it's just part of their game.

But anyone remember Australia vs Italy?
    That was the soccer world's reaction to Australia's indignation about diving costing the game. A Swedish friend of mine had no idea why we were annoyed, that's just how soccer is played.

These are things we should NOT accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    But anyone remember Australia vs Italy?
    That was the soccer world's reaction to Australia's indignation about diving costing the game. A Swedish friend of mine had no idea why we were annoyed, that's just how soccer is played.

These are things we should NOT accept.

That is one of my most hated things in world sport!
    90% of the soccer world are OK with that Bull****
    I feel like Im taking crazy pills
    Its Unacceptable
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Article

Sonny Bill Williams' slant on the truth

SONNY Bill Williams keeps on telling us what a loyal bloke he is. Even used his interview on The Footy Show to explain how he knocked back a $1 million offer from St Helens in 2004 to stay loyal to Canterbury. It's a touching tale . . . too bad it's not true.

No, we never made Sonny Bill Williams an offer in 2004," Saints chairman Eamonn McManus says. "I remember it well because Sonny was at the height of his powers that year. "We had had some initial discussions (with Williams' management) but we certainly hadn't put an offer to him. And if we had, it would've been nowhere near the amounts now being bandied about."
    Helen

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

He cant lie stright in bed

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    He cant lie stright in bed
    thats because his boyfriend Mundine likes to spoon
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    thats because his boyfriend Mundine likes to spoon
    LOL, very funny
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Titan First Grade Regular

Salutations All

As one Newcastle Knight supporter said during the Footy Show, Williams sounded very much like Anthony Mundine, i remember Mundine walking out of St.George, not telling a soul and what happened he turns up in Brisbane and in a media release organised by the Bronco's Mundine is wearing a Broncos jersey.

It is also sad to hear that SBW lied to everyone on what happened in relation to Willie Mason, Steve Folkes has confirmed that SBW was in on the releasing of Mason from the get go. It is now coming to light that SBW stabbed Mason in the back in private and in public accused Mason of disloyalty and walking out of the Bulldogs.

Regards

Cliffy.

Junior Titan

Here is the last article in the french newspaper "L'Equipe" (today )

His new president (union) is ready to attack if Bulldogs keep on threats over them...read it and try to translate.

Last edited by rugbyman13; 16-08-08 at 06:23 AM.

Junior Titan

And now.. Listen to the Union President... explaining the situation...

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/other/...vid81409.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyman13 View Post
    And now.. Listen to the Union President... explaining the situation...

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/other/...vid81409.shtml
    "Sorry, video unavailable in your country"
    Thats the message I got....

Last thing I heard was Toulon withdrew SBW from the last game and open talks with the Bulldogs for financial settlement.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Yip talks are in progress .....Bulldogs what $2mil in compensation and they have almost reached an agreement .....which i hear should be signed off by the end of the weekend!
    ang yeh Sonny was pulled out of the last game, because if he played the banks on Aussie would have seized all his assets
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Just read this on Fox Sports.

SBW relased from Bulldogs

August 18, 2008

THE Bulldogs have released Sonny Bill Williams from his five-year NRL contract after negotiating a financial settlement with the want-away star.
    Details of the settlement were not disclosed but it is believed the Bulldogs were given in the vicinity of $750,000 to allow Williams to take up a two-year deal with French rugby club Toulon.

Williams had been under contract with the Bulldogs through to the end of the 2012 season but walked out on the club with seven games remaining in the current campaign.

The settlement stipulates that Williams cannot play for any other NRL club until the end of the 2012 season, though the Kiwi international has already stated his intention never to return to rugby league.

"We remain bitterly disappointed at the manner in which Sonny Bill deserted his team-mates and his supporters," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said in a statement.

"We have, however, reached the point where we need to get on with business and we have withdrawn the injunction against him playing for any other club.

"Neither the Bulldogs nor Sonny Bill have anything further to gain by drawing this situation out any further.

"With this matter resolved we now look to finishing off our final few games of the season as strongly as possible and delivering Steve Folkes the farewell he deserves."
    Sounds to me like SBW got pretty much what he wanted and the NRL has shown it doesn;t have any balls. What's most disapointing is that he has been given a green light to come back to the NRL if he chooses.

Very disappointing. Actually, it's embarrassing.

Whether the NRL have the balls or not is irrelevent when they don't have the money. Write him off - who cares. Save the time and money for something\someone worthwhile.
    Start working on Inglis before he gets coerced by Mohammed's sheep.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Whether the NRL have the balls or not is irrelevent when they don't have the money. Write him off - who cares. Save the time and money for something\someone worthwhile.
    Start working on Inglis before he gets coerced by Mohammed's sheep.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about him, and don;t see any point in wasting money spoiling his party, but the least they could have done was banned him from NRL for life. At least they would have made a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried about him, and don;t see any point in wasting money spoiling his party, but the least they could have done was banned him from NRL for life. At least they would have made a statement.
    Yeah, I suppose they could have at least done that.