2. Penrith
    3. Manly
    4. Souths
    5. Roosters
    6. Sharks
    7. Stg
    8. Dogs
    9. Tigers

and that is after mergers, it simply doesnt add up, 1 city has 9 teams from it in a 16 team comp???

Ideally we should be looking at something along these lines

NRL
    1. Brisbane
    2. Gold Coast
    3. Newcastle
    4. Canberra
    5. Melbourne
    6. Sunshine Coast
    7. North Queensland
    8. Central Coast
    9. Auckland
    10 Christchurch
    11 Perth
    12 Adeliade
    13 Sydney City
    14 Sydney West

NSWRL
    1. Canterbury
    2. Parramatta
    3. StGeorge
    4. Illawarra
    5. Manly
    6. Souths
    7. Roosters
    8. Balmain
    9. Wests magpies
    10 Newtown
    11 Penrith
    12 Bulldogs
    13 Sharks
    14 Norths

QRL
    1. Wynum
    2. Norths Devils
    3. Wests
    4. Burleigh Bears
    5. Ipswich Jets
    6. North Power
    7. Redcliff Dolphins
    8. Easts Tigers
    9. Mackay Cutters
    10 Central Comets
    11Tweed Heads Seagulls
    12 Souths Logan Magpies

all ran and controlled by the ARL, with expansion clubs to have a min of 500k population and private backing into areas like PNG, and Darwin in 5-7 years.

Each competetion have different TV deals, QRL with ABC, NSWRL with 9, and NRL with Fox and 7/10

State of Origin sold seperatly to highest bidder, including overseas contracts.

Test match series like Tri Nations each year, sold seperatly

With the added income we could start increasing payments to our elite players, and stop this rot and move forward
    Salutations Coaster

If you are proposing a Super League Mk II then i advocate that the Titans and Bronco's amalgamate to form one club in sothern queensland played out of Lang Park.

I went through the North Sydney-Manly Warringah merger and it left a rotten taste in my mouth, i can tell you if you got your way, hundreds of thousands of RL fans would walk away from the game, this would give the AFL a massive boost in support, and if Manly Warringah went i will walk away from the game period.

Maybe just maybe we should go back in time 1981 and wrote off expansion as a bad joke.

Regards

Cliffy

I have revised my thoughts to a mid season Comp, i understand the fickle nature of Sydney supporters who dont want to lose there game but refuse to support it either, and find it ok for QLD rl to fail but wont sacrifice a thing for the good of the game, so as i posted in another thread, this would be added to the regular season, the max a NRL team would have to play extra would be 5 games, and they could reduce the current NRL draw to accomadate it.

Round 1 Played in Feb teams drawn out of a hat to match games
    64 teams - Knock out to next round
    teams would consist of

1. Brisbane Easts Tigers
    2. Wynum Seagulls
    3. Redcliff Dolphins
    4. Sth Logan Magpies
    5. Burleigh Bears
    6. Ipswich Jets
    7. Sunshine Coast
    8. Tweed Heads Seagulls
    9. Aspley Devils
    10 Mackay Cutters
    11 Northern Pride
    12 Central Coast Comets
    13 Toowoomba Clydesdales
    14 Runaway Bay Seagulls
    15 Wests Panthers
    16 Wentworthville
    17 Newtown Jets
    18 Windsor Wolves
    19 Western Suburb Magpies
    20 Central Coast
    21 Central Newcastle
    22 Balmain Tigers
    23 Belrose Eagles
    24 Cabbramatta
    25 Chester hills Rhinos
    26 Erina Eagles
    27 Mounties
    28 Shelharbour Marlins
    29 Sydney Bulls
    30 North Sydney Bears
    31 Indigence Rep Side
    32 Army RL
    33 Navy RL
    34 Airforce RL
    35 University RL Champions
    36 School Boy Champions
    37 Western Reds
    38 Adeliade Rams
    39 Winner of NZ dometic Comp
    40 PNG
    41 Darwin
    42 Police RL REP side
    and the GF winners of all 22 Group Country divisions

Round 2 Played in March
    32 winners to play each other- Knock out- drawn from hat

Round 3 played in April
    16 Winners + 16 NRL teams, Knock out- drawn from hat

Round 4 Played in May
    16 winners - knock out

Round 5 played in June
    8 winners - Knock out

Semi played in late June
    4 Teams

Final played in July
    2 teams

This could mean we could even shorten the season to fit in the extra games, but the Winning NRL team (if they win) would only play an extra 5 games anyway.

There could be seperate sponsers, seperate TV deals, Seperate Income to players, Increases national coverage, Brings the game to the bush, expands the comp, ect ect
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I think it's unfair to call out people who support sydney clubs as fickle.I'd be gutted if Penrith were given the ultimatum to merge with another club(probably their huge rivals Parra which would make it worse)

In 50-100 years would the generations of Titans fans be happy if they were told to merge with the Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I

In 50-100 years would the generations of Titans fans be happy if they were told to merge with the Broncos?
    WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think it's unfair to call out people who support sydney clubs as fickle.I'd be gutted if Penrith were given the ultimatum to merge with another club(probably their huge rivals Parra which would make it worse)

i suggest quoted post be deleted as somehow, somewhere its breaking the forum rules........it just has to be.....

and as far a sbw goes..........
    ive got nothing against players going overseas as they are just trying to earn as much coin as they can from their short, body-destroying careers.....

but they way hes gone about it.....is just not on......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Where did i ask any team to merge?
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

lol, my point is proven.The titans have only been around 2 years but the thought of merging or being told to P off to a lesser comp has gotten people annoyed and rightly so

why should supporters of teams from sydney who have followed them their whole life have to take this (hypothetical)plan on the chin?

lol, my point is proven.The titans have only been around 2 years but the thought of merging or being told to P off to a lesser comp has gotten people annoyed and rightly so

why should supporters of teams from sydney who have followed them their whole life have to take this (hypothetical)plan on the chin?

LOL this is exactly what happened in Queensland. The Queensland cup is still running but all playing in a lower comp, while 1 Brisbane side joined the NRL, and 1 Gold Coast side 2 years ago. The QRL has been running as Long as your NSWRL what exactly are the differences??

The difference is, NSW sides were propped up by Pokies, and the money generated from them, now that golden goose looks like going, and the Sydney clubs cant stop whinging and crying poor.

This is forcing pressure on the NRL to keep there salary cap as low as possible to babysit these clubs, and in turn our comp is being raped by other codes, who do not have these stupid restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    LOL this is exactly what happened in Queensland. The Queensland cup is still running but all playing in a lower comp, while 1 Brisbane side joined the NRL, and 1 Gold Coast side 2 years ago. The QRL has been running as Long as your NSWRL what exactly are the differences??

I was just a kid when Brisbane entered the comp so I'm the first to admit my versions of the events are probably not 100% accurate but didn't the broncos enter what was essentially the NSWRL competition yet you want all these teams who are 100 years old to forfeit their place in the elite comp. That to me is the difference I apologize if I'm reading your posts wrong but thats how it looks to me.

If we do what you are suggesting(which tbh is a great idea on paper) you'll lose the real support of the game (i.e the fans)

also,In the original post you said a sydney city team and a western sydney team but you then said we should have a Gold coast team,Sunshine coast team and a Brisbane team. There is double the population in sydney compared to SE QLD so how does that work?
    Last edited by Paul; 28-07-08 at 04:46 PM.

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

i think the name of the thread needs to be changed everyone is side tracked
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    i think the name of the thread needs to be changed everyone is side tracked
    Nah,It's not that wade.We just don't want to waste typing time on that over rated lump who just went to play with the Frenchies

I was just a kid when Brisbane entered the comp so I'm the first to admit my versions of the events are probably not 100% accurate but didn't the broncos enter what was essentially the NSWRL competition yet you want all these teams who are 100 years old to forfeit their place in the elite comp. That to me is the difference I apologize if I'm reading your posts wrong but thats how it looks to me.

If we do what you are suggesting(which tbh is a great idea on paper) you'll lose the real support of the game (i.e the fans)

also,In the original post you said a sydney city team and a western sydney team but you then said we should have a Gold coast team,Sunshine coast team and a Brisbane team. There are double the population in sydney compared to SE QLD so how does that work?

The idea was a throw away tbh, was just thinking out loud, it could never happen now.

Hence why i came up with the http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=12968 thread.

At least this way all teams keep there spot, and we expand the revenue though another mid season comp.

I open myself up for ridicule, i have no problem with that, i just wish the NRL would do the same and start thinking outside the box for a change.

Because what we have now, needs massive improvment if we are to compete with these other codes

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The idea was a throw away tbh, was just thinking out loud, it could never happen now.

Hence why i came up with the http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=12968 thread.

At least this way all teams keep there spot, and we expand the revenue though another mid season comp.

I open myself up for ridicule, i have no problem with that, i just wish the NRL would do the same and start thinking outside the box for a change.

Because what we have now, needs massive improvment if we are to compete with these other codes
    Mate I agree entirely with you that something needs to be done immediately and personally I liked your two tier competition idea. I just didn't think the "all sydney fans are fickle" comment was fair

Just had a very quick look at the new idea & love it. I'm a big soccer fan and have always loved the FA cup and to have a FA/Challenge cup where little club teams can compete with the big boys is fantastic

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

At the end of the day he is a doggie and over rated pile of crap who has no respect for his team mates,fans,the club and prob him self....

And it came out today that he thinks he has done the right thing

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

The NRL and Bulldogs club are poised to commence legal action against runaway star Sonny Bill Williams.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said they were going to the Supreme Court seeking an injunction to stop Williams playing elsewhere and he warned of severe penalties if an injunction was breached.

The Bulldogs superstar was believed to be en route to France to pursue a career in rugby union with the Toulon club despite having four years to run on his NRL contract.

Gallop believed Williams may not be aware of the possible ramifications of breaking his contract.

"My understanding is that Supreme Court proceedings will be commenced this afternoon and those proceedings will seek to restrain Sonny Bill Williams from playing anywhere in the world other than in accordance with the contract with the Bulldogs," said Gallop.

"The consequences of breaching an injunction when put in place are that he is liable to contempt of court proceedings that can involve everything from arrest to seizure of assets.

"We're taking this matter very seriously."

Gallop yesterday called on the International Rugby Board to block the 22-year-old's registration with Toulon.