Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

They should tear up the sheep shaggers Passport
    #itaintweaktospeak

Thumbs down

MONEY BILL MILLION$$$

:boo:

He must have got some REALLY bad advice coz he never
    came across to me as a TOTALL DOUCHE BAG before!
    but, maybe he's just been a good actor in all his interviews?

Personally, i hope there's some evil person behind all this who has duped
    Sonny-Bill into doing it and that he's totally innocent.
    Perhaps he was drugged......?
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

I don't blame players for going overseas to play super league/rugby if they are offered huge money towards the end of their contracts or if the club is willing to let them go. We'd all take another job if we were offered a 100% payrise from another company,right?

I just don't like the fact he only signed his 5 year deal this season but now acts as if the world owes him something and thinks he can just walk away from his contract with no repercussions . He badmouthed Willy Mason about being "disloyal and disrespectful" and causing trouble at the Bulldogs club and now not even a season later he has just wandered off on his own accord

I always thought he was good but hugely over rated,A few good shoulder charges and people think he's the best forward to ever have played the game

Bugger SBW. I'm with Chaos; something has to be done to prevent our game being nothing more than a breeding groud for other codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I don't blame players for going overseas to play super league/rugby if they are offered huge money towards the end of their contracts or if the club is willing to let them go. We'd all take another job if we were offered a 100% payrise from another company,right?

I just don't like the fact he only signed his 5 year deal this season but now acts as if the world owes him something and thinks he can just walk away from his contract with no repercussions . He badmouthed Willy Mason about being "disloyal and disrespectful" and causing trouble at the Bulldogs club and now not even a season later he has just wandered off on his own accord

I always thought he was good but hugely over rated,A few good shoulder charges and people think he's the best forward to ever have played the game
    Good post Paul- my sentiments exactly!

The game needs to expand and break its constraints in Sydney

ATM we have
    1. Brisbane Broncos
    2. Gold Coast Titans
    3. Canberra
    4. Newcastle
    5. Melbourne
    6. North Queensland
    7. NZ Warriors

then in Sydney we have
    1. Parramatta
    2. Penrith
    3. Manly
    4. Souths
    5. Roosters
    6. Sharks
    7. Stg
    8. Dogs
    9. Tigers

and that is after mergers, it simply doesnt add up, 1 city has 9 teams from it in a 16 team comp???

Ideally we should be looking at something along these lines

NRL
    1. Brisbane
    2. Gold Coast
    3. Newcastle
    4. Canberra
    5. Melbourne
    6. Sunshine Coast
    7. North Queensland
    8. Central Coast
    9. Auckland
    10 Christchurch
    11 Perth
    12 Adeliade
    13 Sydney City
    14 Sydney West

NSWRL
    1. Canterbury
    2. Parramatta
    3. StGeorge
    4. Illawarra
    5. Manly
    6. Souths
    7. Roosters
    8. Balmain
    9. Wests magpies
    10 Newtown
    11 Penrith
    12 Bulldogs
    13 Sharks
    14 Norths

QRL
    1. Wynum
    2. Norths Devils
    3. Wests
    4. Burleigh Bears
    5. Ipswich Jets
    6. North Power
    7. Redcliff Dolphins
    8. Easts Tigers
    9. Mackay Cutters
    10 Central Comets
    11Tweed Heads Seagulls
    12 Souths Logan Magpies

all ran and controlled by the ARL, with expansion clubs to have a min of 500k population and private backing into areas like PNG, and Darwin in 5-7 years.

Each competetion have different TV deals, QRL with ABC, NSWRL with 9, and NRL with Fox and 7/10

State of Origin sold seperatly to highest bidder, including overseas contracts.

Test match series like Tri Nations each year, sold seperatly

With the added income we could start increasing payments to our elite players, and stop this rot and move forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

i dont like the way Sonny just left, but money speaks and i have a feeling the Union Rugby Club has told him to just leave and they will pay his court case/fine. ....I feel more sorry for those kids from the Footy Show Comp that think Sonny Bill is going to come teach them for a day....
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The game needs to expand and break its constraints in Sydney

ATM we have
    1. Brisbane Broncos
    2. Gold Coast Titans
    3. Canberra
    4. Newcastle
    5. Melbourne
    6. North Queensland
    7. NZ Warriors

then in Sydney we have
    1. Parramatta
    2. Penrith
    3. Manly
    4. Souths
    5. Roosters
    6. Sharks
    7. Stg
    8. Dogs
    9. Tigers

and that is after mergers, it simply doesnt add up, 1 city has 9 teams from it in a 16 team comp???

Ideally we should be looking at something along these lines

NRL
    1. Brisbane
    2. Gold Coast
    3. Newcastle
    4. Canberra
    5. Melbourne
    6. Sunshine Coast
    7. North Queensland
    8. Central Coast
    9. Auckland
    10 Christchurch
    11 Perth
    12 Adeliade
    13 Sydney City
    14 Sydney West

NSWRL
    1. Canterbury
    2. Parramatta
    3. StGeorge
    4. Illawarra
    5. Manly
    6. Souths
    7. Roosters
    8. Balmain
    9. Wests magpies
    10 Newtown
    11 Penrith
    12 Bulldogs
    13 Sharks
    14 Norths

QRL
    1. Wynum
    2. Norths Devils
    3. Wests
    4. Burleigh Bears
    5. Ipswich Jets
    6. North Power
    7. Redcliff Dolphins
    8. Easts Tigers
    9. Mackay Cutters
    10 Central Comets
    11Tweed Heads Seagulls
    12 Souths Logan Magpies

all ran and controlled by the ARL, with expansion clubs to have a min of 500k population and private backing into areas like PNG, and Darwin in 5-7 years.

Each competetion have different TV deals, QRL with ABC, NSWRL with 9, and NRL with Fox and 7/10

State of Origin sold seperatly to highest bidder, including overseas contracts.

Test match series like Tri Nations each year, sold seperatly

With the added income we could start increasing payments to our elite players, and stop this rot and move forward
    That'll please all the Sydney supporters

I think theres a better chance of merging Nth Korea, Sth Korea, Japan & China on one side of the world and Iran, Israel & Pakistan on the other.......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That'll please all the Sydney supporters

I think theres a better chance of merging Nth Korea, Sth Korea, Japan & China on one side of the world and Iran, Israel & Pakistan on the other.......
    This way they get what they wanted all along there own competition, the 2 Sydney sides would be rep sides, or completely new teams, you would be surprised how quickly they would be supported.

I understand they would be next to no chance of this happening, but it is what needs to happen, either that or 2 smaller comps blending though each other like the ESL does.

2 x 14 round comps with 2 divisions, with the Sydney division leaders being promoted or relegated ect. This way all teams could stay in the top tier and would create another finals series to generate income, new sponsers and a different TV deal.

This way we would have a finals series about now, and then another series in October, we would in eccence get more football games though the year,
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Na na na na
    Na na na na
    Hey he-ey
    GOODBYE

Coaster, you're dreaming mate! You want all that from the NRL when they can't even give you dates and times for games 6 weeks out?

Seriously, I like the tier system you floated, and I'm all for spreading the love, but IMO it all means nothing if at the end of the day the clubs are just buying and trading players. Like I said over in the "central contracts" thread, if you can get some loyalty from players to clubs and clubs to players, you'll get the loyalty from fans to the players to the clubs. That's my opinion anyway. Maybe I'm the dreamer!

The tier system is what should have happened from the start. The NRL is the Sydney competition expanded, and it should have been done properly from the beginning with a national competition with all new teams.

The QRL and NSWRL comps both definitely need good television coverage, but most importantly all levels of the sport need better sponsorship deals. I've said it before, rugby league is being given away. We give away team names, ground names, all for next to nothing.

I doubt we'd get to the point where we could pay players 1.5 million a season, but they could certainly get paid more than they are now. But I doubt we'll see any sort of restructuring or any change at all. The under 20s was pushed as some great new thing and how we'd see the stars of the future and it'd be a great comp. And yeah, it is. And we do, so long as we're at the game. 1 televised game on pay tv a week and an almost complete lack of anything in the media about it. This is why a revamp would never work, the sub competitions would need to be big in their own right and they'd end up in the wasteland that the under 20s is in.

You want all that from the NRL when they can't even give you dates and times for games 6 weeks out?
    hahah so sad but so true

but IMO it all means nothing if at the end of the day the clubs are just buying and trading players. Like I said over in the "central contracts" thread, if you can get some loyalty from players to clubs and clubs to players, you'll get the loyalty from fans to the players to the clubs.
    IMO fans are loyal to a club, but thats as far as it goes, the rest is business, and its sad but also true that money talks. Hence why i havnt mentioned $unny Bills Millions, imo he has only further enhanced the truth, that our game needs to be revised now, or its going to become nothing but a feeder comp for other sports.

I doubt we'd get to the point where we could pay players 1.5 million a season, but they could certainly get paid more than they are now
    I cant see why we cant tbh, during the SL war there was reports of players earning up to 900k a season, 10 years later clubs cant afford half that, that to me shows that something is wrong with our model, not our product.

The tier system is what should have happened from the start. The NRL is the Sydney competition expanded, and it should have been done properly from the beginning with a national competition with all new teams.
    Agreed, IMO the Super League structure was perfect, Not saying it should have happened, i understand the game theory behind it all. I wonder what we are about to do now, at the end of the day RL is like a ****roach, we will not die. But we are also being treated like a pest, and need a radical make over to make us attractive to high end sponsers and the wider Australian audience.

Something is about to give, i just hope we dont spend millions taking this grub SBW to court, when we could spend it on making sure we have a game people are leaving there code to play.

Searle has been pretty outspoken about this in todays courier mail and apparantly SBW faces jailtime if he ignores any injuction set by the courts

Titan First Grade Regular

First off, i would like to say i was angered by SBW in what he did but in the end i started to mellow and i think good bye good riddance, if we were to look at SBW as a footballer then lets look at it in this perspective. since the 2004 grand final SBW has played in 48% of all games since, also in those games he has played he has sat on the sidelines approximatley 55% of game time, so what does that indicate putting all minutes on the field he actually has completed 24% of games. sounds like he never really did much.

Over exposed, over-rated and over paid.

to end in french rugby he'll get torn apart, he deserves that much.

cliffy